Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Driving test on Friday HELP?
    I have my uk practical driving test on Friday and I'm perfectly confident with my driving, but for some reason I'm really nervous
    I also have a feeling I know I'm going to fail, like when I think about my test I can't see me passing,

I really want to pass because I feel like I'm going to let every one down maybe that's why I'm so certain I'm going to fail... Help guys, how do I make sure this stops me failing

Also can you add details of your driving test experiences like how many times you took the test and what you failed on, I'm interested to know how people got on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah1795)
    Driving test on Friday HELP?
    I have my uk practical driving test on Friday and I'm perfectly confident with my driving, but for some reason I'm really nervous
    I also have a feeling I know I'm going to fail, like when I think about my test I can't see me passing,
    I really want to pass because I feel like I'm going to let every one down maybe that's why I'm so certain I'm going to fail... Help guys, how do I make sure this stops me failing
    Also can you add details of your driving test experiences like how many times you took the test and what you failed on, I'm interested to know how people got on
    I know it is hard HOWEVER you need to try and relax, you can get herbal stuff to help with nerves from places like Holland and Barrett, this could be worth a try.

also, YOU WILL NOT LET ANYONE DOWN IF YOU FAIL! Don't think like that as it will only make your nerves worse.

I took my test 4 times. First time I was sooooo nervous I couldn't control the clutch properly as my legs were shaking.

Test 2, I sort of jutted the car out at a junction and because another car came up the road that was a fail (if he hadn't been there I am pretty sure it would have only been a minor)

Test 3, went really well overall, however, it was a really nasty day on and off raining all day, my driving instructor and I had left the passenger side window open very slightly to stop the car steaming up. Well it started to rain again so the examiner pulled me over so he could mess on trying to shut the window, I ended up having to help him. When he'd sorted it out and told me to drive on a car came round the corner, now he said I hadn't looked I am sure I did but either way he failed me for it. Annoyingly he pulled me up literally round the corner to give me my independent drive instructions and if he had waited until then to mess on with his window I probably would have passed!

4th test however went really well, I was still nervous and it didn't start out well as the examiner readjusted my instructors mirrors and one feel off and he couldn't get it back on for ages. When we pulled back into the test centre at the end I was panicking in my head because it was taking him ages to tell me if I had passed or failed even though I only had a few minors, but eventually he told me I had passed! So all was good

Main points are: stay calm and focused and don't worry if you don't pass first time, lots of people don't! Also good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhiani-ani-on)
    I know it is hard HOWEVER you need to try and relax, you can get herbal stuff to help with nerves from places like Holland and Barrett, this could be worth a try.

also, YOU WILL NOT LET ANYONE DOWN IF YOU FAIL! Don't think like that as it will only make your nerves worse.

I took my test 4 times. First time I was sooooo nervous I couldn't control the clutch properly as my legs were shaking.

Test 2, I sort of jutted the car out at a junction and because another car came up the road that was a fail (if he hadn't been there I am pretty sure it would have only been a minor)

Test 3, went really well overall, however, it was a really nasty day on and off raining all day, my driving instructor and I had left the passenger side window open very slightly to stop the car steaming up. Well it started to rain again so the examiner pulled me over so he could mess on trying to shut the window, I ended up having to help him. When he'd sorted it out and told me to drive on a car came round the corner, now he said I hadn't looked I am sure I did but either way he failed me for it. Annoyingly he pulled me up literally round the corner to give me my independent drive instructions and if he had waited until then to mess on with his window I probably would have passed!

4th test however went really well, I was still nervous and it didn't start out well as the examiner readjusted my instructors mirrors and one feel off and he couldn't get it back on for ages. When we pulled back into the test centre at the end I was panicking in my head because it was taking him ages to tell me if I had passed or failed even though I only had a few minors, but eventually he told me I had passed! So all was good

Main points are: stay calm and focused and don't worry if you don't pass first time, lots of people don't! Also good luck
    aww man still your there eventually, I mean if it wasn't so expensive to re test I wouldn't mind failing the first time... I mean most people get jittery legs as well :confused:

how did your family/people who knew you would fail react each time you didn't pass, because my dad always puts me down and I will never hear the end of it if I fail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah1795)
    aww man still your there eventually, I mean if it wasn't so expensive to re test I wouldn't mind failing the first time... I mean most people get jittery legs as well :confused:

how did your family/people who knew you would fail react each time you didn't pass, because my dad always puts me down and I will never hear the end of it if I fail
    Yeah obviously the money is always an issue when you are learning to drive and trust me does doesn't get any cheaper when you are running a car! haha

Well I didnt tell loads of people I had booked it. It was usually just my driving intructor (obvs) and my mam and dad, tbh they couldnt say anything coz it took them a few times too, must be a family thing! Maybe you could ask your family how many times it took them (but remember is was easier to pass yeats ago!)

It is friday, so an guessing you are doing it today?!?!

Good luck, I hope you pass also if you don't just rebook it and try again, also, if you can (might have to be next time if you dont pass this time) don't tell you dad? Just tell him you are doing a normal driving lesson!!! The less people who know the less pressure to pass in my eyes.

Again Good Luck!! xx

ReputationRep:
    I passed first time with one minor. BUT my minor was reverse bay parking so was about 1inch from failing!
    I was nervous until I sat in the car and realised who my test person was (someone notorious for failing people!) but I think I had convinced myself that much that I was going to fail that I began to believe it. That or my whiskey tasting relaxing spray was working!
    Just remember to stay calm, think before you do something, breathe, try to relax, look in your mirrors A LOT (mine loved the fact I looked in about every 5 seconds). And they want you to pass really!
    If you do fail, don't worry! Lots of people fail, my friend failed 7 times but she finally passed! It's nothing to be ashamed of, you don't even have to tell people!
    Good luck! Let us know how you got on!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhiani-ani-on)
    Yeah obviously the money is always an issue when you are learning to drive and trust me does doesn't get any cheaper when you are running a car! haha

Well I didnt tell loads of people I had booked it. It was usually just my driving intructor (obvs) and my mam and dad, tbh they couldnt say anything coz it took them a few times too, must be a family thing! Maybe you could ask your family how many times it took them (but remember is was easier to pass yeats ago!)

It is friday, so an guessing you are doing it today?!?!

Good luck, I hope you pass also if you don't just rebook it and try again, also, if you can (might have to be next time if you dont pass this time) don't tell you dad? Just tell him you are doing a normal driving lesson!!! The less people who know the less pressure to pass in my eyes.

Again Good Luck!! xx
    Thanks!!! i hope i get a nice examiner

Ill post how i do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alice-jarvis93)
    I passed first time with one minor. BUT my minor was reverse bay parking so was about 1inch from failing!
    I was nervous until I sat in the car and realised who my test person was (someone notorious for failing people!) but I think I had convinced myself that much that I was going to fail that I began to believe it. That or my whiskey tasting relaxing spray was working!
    Just remember to stay calm, think before you do something, breathe, try to relax, look in your mirrors A LOT (mine loved the fact I looked in about every 5 seconds). And they want you to pass really!
    If you do fail, don't worry! Lots of people fail, my friend failed 7 times but she finally passed! It's nothing to be ashamed of, you don't even have to tell people!
    Good luck! Let us know how you got on!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done!

And thanks i will

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.