Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ok so my first real exam is tomorrow. it's for french and i've tried revising multiple ways but I always seem to get distracted my real concern is that i know hardly anything to pass my english maths and science exams. if i fail them, i can't get into sixth form which means i can't get into uni etc i'm so stressed and i just don't know what to do.someone please help me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shannonjade)
    ok so my first real exam is tomorrow. it's for french and i've tried revising multiple ways but I always seem to get distracted my real concern is that i know hardly anything to pass my english maths and science exams. if i fail them, i can't get into sixth form which means i can't get into uni etc i'm so stressed and i just don't know what to do.someone please help me!
    FIrstly, calm down. Your not helping yourself by stressing out.

You need to prioritize, Maths, English + Sciences are most important, as are your A-level subjects. Focus on revising those.

Do past papers for french tonight. Listen to french as much as possible but get an early night. If you find you cant sleep try taking paracetamol, calpol or Night Nurse. You want to be fresh in the morning. Go in calm and rested.

Revise as much now, don't leave it to before the night before the exam, but don't overdo it. Your brain won't work properly if it's crammed full. Try to learn the topics rather than just memorising them.

Good luck! You'll do absolutely fine.

Tom

ReputationRep:
    If you're on study leave, I'd suggest revising at school instead of home and trying to structure your revision like a school day. This means less distractions and also your teachers will be there if you need extra help. Find out what works for you, be it mind maps r silly songs. Remember to look at past papers too. It might also be worth learning some relaxation techniques and setting incentives.

Finally, don't worry too much - I'm sure many people on here, like me, basically crammed for their GCSEs rather than approaching revision in a sensible way and did just fine!

ReputationRep:
    Just sip it! You'll be fine! Listen to lots of French and take some NightNurse to get well rested for the exams tomorroW1 <3

ReputationRep:
    You'll be able to go into sixth form if you don't pass - you'll just have to resit them all when you're in year 12! So don't worry about that! Just try your hardest and put the work into your revision and it'll pay off! Try not to stress, you can only do your best!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Go onto Bitesize, it's really helpful:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/french/

Also, in the reading exam there's usually loads of time so just go through it slowly and think about the answers logically as well.

With listening, you'll get time at the beginning to read it so note a few points by the text (if there's a french word you may forget, note it down so you'll remind yourself in the exam).

Then revise enough Maths and Science to secure a C, and then work your way up.

I don't have much advice for English, but if you're just doing the literature exam, re-read the book multiple time and after a few pages remind yourself what just happened etc.

You'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    Hey there!

I also have two exams tomorrow - RE and French. It was pretty easy revising for RE, but I was also worried about French until I checked last year's grade boundaries. Edexcel French grade boundaries were pretty low for an A*, but that simply meant that everyone did pretty bad... However, after hearing news in French and doing the listening papers with the transcript in front of me, I feel a lot more confident. I realized that most of the time in French Listening, it was better to follow your intuition. At least that seems to work for me.

And firstly, I would suggest you don't panic! It's definitely not only you who is going through this...and I am sure that this year French Listening might be slightly easier... just a guess.

As for reading, I would suggest you learn some vocab! My fellow Year 11 friends told me that vocab was the only way they got an A* in French Reading.

All the best for the exam!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.