Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

She doesn't want to give me false hope? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So there is a girl that I liked and I asked her if she was seeing someone - which she said she was. I said that's fine - still friends yeah? to which she said of course we talked for a couple of days after and then stopped - just completely vanished with no explanation. I sent her a text that basically said "I don't know what I've done wrong. I still want us to be friends" to which she responded.... I don't hate you I just don't want to give you false hope.

I'm not going to get false hope though - that's all in the past. Hmmmm I'm confused.

ReputationRep:
    Now I don't have a degree in Psychology, but I think she be messing wid yo hed gee.

Just move on.

ReputationRep:
    she's basically said why she stopped speaking to, she doesn't want u to think u can still get with her. If u think u won't be holding out hope then let her know and you guys can be mates.

ReputationRep:
    Put your efforts elsewhere would be my advice.

ReputationRep:
    She's doing you good. Just stop talking to her and move on.

ReputationRep:
    She needs to get over herself if she thinks that you can't be just friends with her. Move on.

ReputationRep:
    She is avoiding a possible situation in which you months down the line complain about being "friendzoned". She's not interested and she doesn't think there is much room for being friends either, seeing as you're probably not compatible. She's being decent and trying to do the right thing.

ReputationRep:
    Leave it. She don't wanna speak to you so just forget about it.

ReputationRep:
    From what you said, she probably got the impression that you're not content being friends with her, that as long as you are friends with her, you're going to want more. That makes her feel a bit awkward because she doesn't want more. She's let you know she's seeing someone and she isn't interested, and you still tried to talk to her every day (or close enough). This made her feel like you aren't respecting her feelings, and that you'll carry on wanting more from her and wishing she'll fall for you. That's quite unattractive to her.

That may not be right, but that might be how I'd feel in that situation, depending on other factors and shiz. Move on.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 13, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.