Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Good things to do in Nanjing/China in general watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm going on my year abroad to China in August and will be attending university in the city of Nanjing, which is near Shanghai.

If anyone has any recommendations of things to do, that would be really helpful. I've never been to China before so I have no idea what to expect!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super_kawaii)
    I'm going on my year abroad to China in August and will be attending university in the city of Nanjing, which is near Shanghai.

If anyone has any recommendations of things to do, that would be really helpful. I've never been to China before so I have no idea what to expect!
    Its going to be very hot and the air is full of water. Carry a bottle of water wherever you go, incase of dehydration. Make sure when taking a taxi you know where your going, they tend to rip foreigners off. If your wearing a backpack wear it in-front and not behind robbers are frequent and no one will help around you not because they dont want to but they dont want to take responsibility. As you know its China.

For things to do, i suggest going on a tour. You will meet many people there including foreigners. Thats about it

After this i just realized you only asked for recommendation of things to do -.-

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 17, 2013
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.