The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lost a fair amount of weight this year.
Original post by The Walking Dead
Lost a fair amount of weight this year.

I have i was 13 stone 10 lost 3 stone but from a 42 inch waist to 28 inch gained muscle and lost all cellulite on my legs. not lost a vast amount of weight but gained lean muscle. I weigh more than some of my friends who are alot bigger.
Original post by moggy8396
I have i was 13 stone 10 lost 3 stone but from a 42 inch waist to 28 inch gained muscle and lost all cellulite on my legs. not lost a vast amount of weight but gained lean muscle. I weigh more than some of my friends who are alot bigger.

This is great. Good for you.
44kg I'm 5'0.
I’m 15.
5’4”.
Bra size 32DD.
Size 8 top, 6 bottom. (W25,L32)
I fluctuate between early-late 8 stone region.
Original post by The Walking Dead
This is great. Good for you.

oh and I wouldn't worry I have 24% body fat which is considered fit and healthy. but on bmi I'm over weight, as it doesn't take into account lean muscle.
Original post by od_rashmi
Well I'm like 11 stone (Yeah it's a lot i know)
5'7
I'm a size 12 on the bottom but 8/10 on top.
I'm 34C.

Don't worry I'm 11st 13 (got just over 12st a while ago, eek!) and 5"7, size 12 all round, and 18 years old
My boyfriend thinks I'm slim but I don't know what he's looking at haha

How did you do that?! that's my goal, converting my fat into muscle, need some tips, or what excercises do you do?
Original post by Anonymous
How did you do that?! that's my goal, converting my fat into muscle, need some tips, or what excercises do you do?

I spent 6 months with a personal trainer doing weights. dead lifts, bench presses, pushing a prowler, tyre flips, all weighted exercises that strong men do. with 15 mins of cardio, 5 days a week. that got my weight down and inches off plus gained lean muscle. the cellulite didnt shift until i started walking with weight and after 6 months it was gone, both off my backside and thighs. took me a year in total. oh and I only ate carbs in the day. for tea I had steak or fish with veg or salad.
I spent 6 months with a personal trainer doing weights. dead lifts, bench presses, pushing a prowler, tyre flips, all weighted exercises that strong men do. with 15 mins of cardio, 5 days a week. that got my weight down and inches off plus gained lean muscle. the cellulite didnt shift until i started walking with weight and after 6 months it was gone, both off my backside and thighs. took me a year in total. oh and I only ate carbs in the day. for tea I had steak or fish with veg or salad.

That's absolutely awesome, what do you mean walking with weight? That's also a good way to get your carbs in, definitely doing this.
Anon because I'm slightly conscious of my weight..

I am 23 years old, a size 8/10 in tops and trousers, 5'5 and bra size 34B.

At the moment, my weight stands around 9 stones. It used to be slightly higher, about 9 and a half stone, but I was still the same clothes size. im pretty flat by the way, both boobs and bum (even though im 34B it doesn't appear huge)

I've always thought my weight was normal but I was recently speaking to a neighbour who told me she used to be 7/7.5 stones and only now (due to an operation) she is 9 stones. she is slightly shorter than me, but has a much fuller figure ie. boobs and bum.

This has thrown me a little. I know everyone holds fat in different places but its made me think do I weigh too much?

Girls, I want to know the following things (if you don't mind):

- weight
- height
- dress size

It probably sounds quite sad, but this has really been playing on my mind.. quite a few people actually compliment me on my figure, which I'm happy with. Its just that Im thinking do I weigh too much??

x

So many things to say! It's not all about weight, depending on how much is muscle etc as muscle weighs more remember. Also everyone's proportions are different, and even someone the same height as you can have a very different distribution of body fat.

I am 5'8 and weigh 11stone 7 and size 12, which is still healthy for my height, however my goal weight is 10st 7 and a size 10, which is still healthy for my height just slimmer. I'm focusing on exercising and getting stronger and eating healthy rather than dieting though, as I care about being healthy most of all.

BMI calculators, waist to hip measurements etc can only give an indicator of your ideal weight. If you're concerned then go speak to your doctor and ask what they think you should be, but honestly I wouldn't be too worried about the number on the scales as much as just generally taking care of yourself.
That's absolutely awesome, what do you mean walking with weight? That's also a good way to get your carbs in, definitely doing this.

just a ruck sack with weight in, anything to make it heavy. not too heavy though, that it hurts. just walking up hills, steps, to work thighs and bum an hour and half to two hours for five days and cellulite disappears. only thing i found that would shift it.
just a ruck sack with weight in, anything to make it heavy. not too heavy though, that it hurts. just walking up hills, steps, to work thighs and bum an hour and half to two hours for five days and cellulite disappears. only thing i found that would shift it.

Oh I see that sounds good, literally have the most fat on my thighs/ entire leg, don't ever remember having skinny legs just chubby/slim.
Is that everyday, idk when I could fit in 2 hours?
Oh I see that sounds good, literally have the most fat on my thighs/ entire leg, don't ever remember having skinny legs just chubby/slim.
Is that everyday, idk when I could fit in 2 hours?

no 5 days I did it. an hour a day should be enough. enough so ur legs and bum are burning by the end. i added more and more weight so it never got any easier.
9st 5’5 32D6/8 in tops8/10 in bottoms
I’m the same height and also 9st. Im a 32D and I am a 6/8 in tops and 8/10 in bottoms. I too feel as if I weigh too much but many people compliment my figure.
5'2
10st
36 DD/E

I reallyyyyyy need to lose some weight
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
10 stone
5"8
28HH bra size
Size 8-10

You don't weigh too much at all you;re fine

sound like jessica rabbit...
I’m the same and been told I’m underweight but can’t put nothing on