Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing the exam tomorrow? How do you think you will find it?!!

ReputationRep:
    dont know any of the second movement - but detailed knowledge of first

ReputationRep:
    don't know the second movement, kind of know the first- life would be great if the question was about the intro of the 1st movement! Happy enough with listening as long as its not something completely bizarre, hopefully I know enough about musicals to get by in that essay. Possibly something on duets would be good. It's going to be a stressful experience, the Beethoven could kill me! haha!

ReputationRep:
    What I'm concentrating on my rock and pop and the listening part. I've got knowledge on the exposition anything further than that and I'm screwed !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully get a question of something like texture for Beethoven and a duet for the musicals.

ReputationRep:
    I was hoping for rhythm, melody or even harmony. Even one of those informative accounts of the exposition.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    informative account of the exposition would be good. Would be a disaster if it was something like an informative account of the development(1st mvnt).

I think harmony would be quite difficult. Melody/rhythm would be nice tho.

ReputationRep:
    Nevertheless, good luck to everyone today !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did it go people! I thought the listening was really hard but the questions were good, I did the intro, and the chorus one for musicals listening too hard tho

ReputationRep:
    listening was hard! couldn't have gotten better essays though with the Beethoven and the Baroque we studied! love to know what others thought of the exam

ReputationRep:
    The listening for me went great, I thought I knew all the answers. Nothing jumped out and made me thing 'what's that?'. I did Beethoven question 1 and then the rock and pop question 1. Slightly under 2 pages for Beethoven and 3 for rock and pop !
    I'm hoping it'll be At least a C and I'm happy !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What I would say that caught me out was the melodic dictation part, but that always catches me out

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for the interval between the viola and cello in the last question!?

ReputationRep:
    Beethoven Q1 was a really nice question - loads to write about expo and intro of 1st mvnt.
    Musicals was good too: (the characters one) Cell block tango and mr cellophane

Listening seemed ok but can't really tell until results :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikePembo951)
    Beethoven Q1 was a really nice question - loads to write about expo and intro of 1st mvnt.
    Musicals was good too: (the characters one) Cell block tango and mr cellophane

Listening seemed ok but can't really tell until results :/
    My friend did that question, she did oklahoma! by the sounds of it you've done amazing, good luck on results day))

ReputationRep:
    I thought it went really well i took the exam last year and failed :/ but the Beethoven question was lovely and listening wasn't too hard how did you find question 4 on the listening??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy_95)
    What did everyone put for the interval between the viola and cello in the last question!?
    If I remember correctly, a fifth wasn't it

Viola played C
    Violin E

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skearns95)
    I thought it went really well i took the exam last year and failed :/ but the Beethoven question was lovely and listening wasn't too hard how did you find question 4 on the listening??
    Thought it wasn't as hard as some of the past papers but still pretty tough, I think I put dominant 7th, and a drone for 2 of the questions, did anyone get these?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ML94)
    If I remember correctly, a fifth wasn't it

Viola played C
    Violin E

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, I thought it was a compound interval as the cello below middle C and the viola above middle C, I put compound major third (this was all I could remember from grade 5 theory)

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the question about describe the chord fully. To me it was like a major chord without the fifth and flatten 7th ? So I wrote that lol!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.