The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2880
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Pah, reading music is overrated. You could have played by ear or been a jazz maestro or something, were it not for your sausage fingers :sadnod:

:p:

:lol: Ah, the career I could have had :moon: :tongue:
Original post by 08batee
:lol: Ah, the career I could have had :moon: :tongue:

:console: :nopity: :teehee:
Original post by kahinalouise
Haven't posted on here for ages (probably the last thread or the one before that :rolleyes:)
Might aswell introduce myself again I guess; I have depression, anxiety, ptsd and aspergers. Talking about summer I finish college next week, then I'm going to do some volunteering, try and drag myself out for walks and bike rides, just try to keep busy I guess.

Neg repped this by accident, sorry :frown: Will fix it once i get rep again
Reply 2883
Original post by sadpanda123

I've pos. repped it to balance it out :smile:
Reply 2884
Not feeling good at all tonight, my mood has been weird all day and has really crashed tonight. Last night I went out for a couple of hours but was absolutely awful, (was triggered, had flashback, had to handle very annoyingly drunk friends whilst completely sober and feeling rubbish) and it's made me quite mopey. A friend asked me to go on holiday with her too, last night. I had to say no cause I wouldn't cope. I just feel useless and pretty agitated for some reason. Ugh.
Original post by lonelybrummie
I'm trying my best. I only have like 3 days left till the meeting; I really need to think about what I'm going to say. If I tell them just about my low mood and my social problems/anxiety I would not be fully cared for.

I've been having severe battles this morning; my head feels like it's going to explode. I want to tell my mum about this; I just don't know how I can tell her about this, after all she'll be horrified. I would like to tell you about some of the things I've done, but I wouldn't be able to do it over the internet.

I know how severe this is now; it's like I've been possessed by something and there's a few of me now. Me doesn't want myself to tell them about me, because brain just wants me to talk about the quiet, shy, harmless Akshay. It could be because it wants to divert attention away from my very violent and dangerous me.

Sorry if that sounds really crazy.

Hi

I've sent a message to your in-box. Sorry you're feeling as if your head is exploding!

The quiet, shy, harmless Akshay is just as much you as anything else. :smile:

Take care

:smile:
Big shout out to 08batee for consoling me earlier today. The headlines about the runaway student and teacher who is being jailed brought back memories/feelings :frown: Feeling better now though - hopefully things will stay that way :yes:

BIG Hug

tears 3 nights in a row! i frikking love this. jokes.
i cried because my boyfriend came on skype. how ****ing pathetic am i?!?!

my hormones are all over the joint for some reason and i really dont like it, im quite concerned :s-smilie:
Original post by sadpanda123

:hugs: Thats okay, I do it all the time :colondollar:.
Hope you're doing okay
Original post by 08batee
Not feeling good at all tonight, my mood has been weird all day and has really crashed tonight. Last night I went out for a couple of hours but was absolutely awful, (was triggered, had flashback, had to handle very annoyingly drunk friends whilst completely sober and feeling rubbish) and it's made me quite mopey. A friend asked me to go on holiday with her too, last night. I had to say no cause I wouldn't cope. I just feel useless and pretty agitated for some reason. Ugh.

Sorry to hear that, lovely. I can come onto Facebook if needed: can't sleep :nah:

Original post by catoswyn
BIG Hug

Back to feeling low and mopey again :facepalm:
Original post by VaVe
So I didn't call the GP. I did manage to get dressed though and have applied for a whole three jobs.
Might end up asking my mum to call them.

Well done on applying for the jobs, hope you're successful! :smile:
Reply 2891
At my friend's flat overnight and it's freaking me out a bit. Am diazzed and on a couple of antihistamines so pretty sedate, but there are guys here and I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep. Also just watched My Sister's Keeper and got quite upset so have cried on her, again. I'm not good at sleeping in places other than home, brings back not so good memories so I really hope it's ok.

Friends have started to think I'm going out with her as well apparently which worries me a bit cos I'm pretty sure I'm asexual (for now, at least) and in the past other people have thought that I'm interested when I'm not. Unless she wants a non-sexual relationship I'm not really up for it and I don't really want to **** up the friendship.
Original post by asdfgah
At my friend's flat overnight and it's freaking me out a bit. Am diazzed and on a couple of antihistamines so pretty sedate, but there are guys here and I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep. Also just watched My Sister's Keeper and got quite upset so have cried on her, again. I'm not good at sleeping in places other than home, brings back not so good memories so I really hope it's ok.

Really hope it goes OK hun :hugs:

Friends have started to think I'm going out with her as well apparently which worries me a bit cos I'm pretty sure I'm asexual (for now, at least) and in the past other people have thought that I'm interested when I'm not. Unless she wants a non-sexual relationship I'm not really up for it and I don't really want to **** up the friendship.

Urgh, that's annoying that people have brought that up. I'm not gonna give advice about that coz it'll only be **** advice, knowing my history. Good luck with managing the situation though and hope it doesn't become too scary or confusing, whatever happens :lovehug:
Still awake. FML :colonhash:
Reply 2894
Still awake. FML :colonhash:

Me too :five: :sad: :hugs:
Original post by Sultana
Me too :five: :sad: :hugs:

Rubbish isn't it? :console: Guessing things aren't good your end, hun? :hugs:
Reply 2896
Rubbish isn't it? :console: Guessing things aren't good your end, hun? :hugs:

It is kinda my fault tonight... didn't take my mirtaz cos am scared of the nightmares :cry2: Things aren't looking too rosy to be sure. :emo:

Whats keeping you up? :hugs:
Original post by Sultana
It is kinda my fault tonight... didn't take my mirtaz cos am scared of the nightmares :cry2: Things aren't looking too rosy to be sure. :emo:

The weird dreams on mirtazapine wore off after a few weeks for me, so hopefully that will happen for you too. You could try talking to your doctor about a different antidepressant if the dreams are so unpleasant that you can't put up with them?
Original post by Sultana

Ah nightmares are awful, can't blame you for trying your best to avoid them :hugs: Which reminds me: forgot my evening meds. Again. Oops :ninja:

This bloody case with the teacher who took that girl to France, that's what's keeping me up. Too close to home and kinda having a mini meltdown :colondollar:
Reply 2899
Original post by Sabertooth
The weird dreams on mirtazapine wore off after a few weeks for me, so hopefully that will happen for you too. You could try talking to your doctor about a different antidepressant if the dreams are so unpleasant that you can't put up with them?

I actually think it's the staying asleep for normal amounts of time that is the more the problem tbh; are all ptsd related just longer and more intense.
Am meant to be seeing a psychiatrist again soon so will bring it up. Don't really know where we can go from here tbh, feel like I've tried a million. :emo: (I'm aware saying that to you is probably mighty annoying)
Ah nightmares are awful, can't blame you for trying your best to avoid them :hugs: Which reminds me: forgot my evening meds. Again. Oops :ninja:

This bloody case with the teacher who took that girl to France, that's what's keeping me up. Too close to home and kinda having a mini meltdown :colondollar:

Sounds like you need a star chart! :awesome:

Had to google cos I'm so insular :ninja: :colondollar:
:console: Sounds tough. Can you do anything to distract/help sooth yourself? am probably around allllllllll night if you wanna talk. :hugs:

Latest