Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by danny111
We are here, so you're not that lonely!

Im currently with about 400 other people but feel lonely :frown:
Was just in tears on the phone to my boyfriend :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zonkfrog
Proving a friendly thread already :smile: I'm not doing too bad today.
Dodgy start but better afternoon. Anyone up to anything exciting with their Saturday?

Not really, just taking it easy, been hit by hayfever really badly so trying to recover for my acting class tomorrow which should be fun :smile:

I'm slowly becoming addicted to House, God I love Hugh Laurie :biggrin:
Reply 3442
Hugh Laurie is sexy :tongue:
Reply 3443
Original post by PonchoKid
Laying in my tent feeling more and more ****. Sunburnt. Tired. Miss my boyfriend. Lonely yet surrounded by people. Paranoid. And just **** :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't think of anything to say really, so just have a load of :hugs: :jumphug: :lovehug: :grouphugs:

How much longer are you there? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zonkfrog
Hugh Laurie is sexy :tongue:

That he is! :biggrin:

Brilliant musician too.
Reply 3445
After the fun I had on Wednesday the following days have been really boring. Maybe it is because of enjoying myself, therefore everything else just seems boring in comparison? :dontknow: I hope this doesn't stay during the holidays :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3446
And now seeing other young people living on the estate playing footie and stuff makes me want to join in, which I used to until I started suffering from this **** called depression. Plus I'd rather ride my bike but the tyre has been punctured for over a year :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3447
Making brownies in a little bit, it works out cheaper than buying them and I get to eat the mix. Had to cycle to the shop and back which is fine on the way there (such a great hill to go down), but on the way back -with shopping and a chest infection - not so fun. Still I picked up some cider too so at least I can drink that while I recover.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well at least you got to talk to him :smile:
Original post by VaVe
Making brownies in a little bit, it works out cheaper than buying them and I get to eat the mix. Had to cycle to the shop and back which is fine on the way there (such a great hill to go down), but on the way back -with shopping and a chest infection - not so fun. Still I picked up some cider too so at least I can drink that while I recover.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds yummy!
Original post by VaVe

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brownies and cider? My kinda meal! :biggrin:
What a rubbish 24 hours. Probably the worst I've ever felt. My (ex) boyfriend split up with me last night after a long time coming (we've been ropey since I got bad about Feb/March). Had to work today and pretend to be alright. Was up most of last night having really weird 'bright' nightmares/ bad thoughts. Doing full time this week even though I'd rather not work at all.

Did this mood survey yesterday afternoon online and scored ridiculous (60/66 or something).

Been emailing the Samaritans recently but does anyone else find they reply with almost the same thing every time? Mind you, maybe I say the same thing every time :frown:

Sorry for being such a downer, hope you guys are okay
Reply 3452
Original post by Anonymous
Sounds yummy!

Original post by superwolf
Brownies and cider? My kinda meal! :biggrin:

Exactly.
Except I may have forgotten to read how many brownies the recipe makes and ended up with rather a lot of mix. Also I couldn't find my electric whisk which made things a tiny bit difficult but they're in the oven now and with that amount of chocolate they can't be anything but great.
Reply 3453
Original post by VaVe
Exactly.
Except I may have forgotten to read how many brownies the recipe makes and ended up with rather a lot of mix. Also I couldn't find my electric whisk which made things a tiny bit difficult but they're in the oven now and with that amount of chocolate they can't be anything but great.

Hope they taste great :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sadpanda123
What a rubbish 24 hours. Probably the worst I've ever felt. My (ex) boyfriend split up with me last night after a long time coming (we've been ropey since I got bad about Feb/March). Had to work today and pretend to be alright. Was up most of last night having really weird 'bright' nightmares/ bad thoughts. Doing full time this week even though I'd rather not work at all.

Did this mood survey yesterday afternoon online and scored ridiculous (60/66 or something).

Been emailing the Samaritans recently but does anyone else find they reply with almost the same thing every time? Mind you, maybe I say the same thing every time :frown:

Sorry for being such a downer, hope you guys are okay

:hugs: hope you feel better soon. Just relax after work and look forward to the weekend :smile:
Yeah I find that too. I tend to find they keep rewording what I've said. It's useful when I just need to vent or get things off my chest but when it comes to me needing advice or anything I quickly get annoyed with it an move on to bugging my friends. :P
You're not a downer! We're here to listen :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3455
Evening still not going well. Not found anything interesting yet to do and I can hear a family gathering going on nearby and wish I had a big family too and was close to my cousins :erm: I also can't get out of my mind how crap these last three days have been in comparison to Wednesday. I'm expecting my mental health to go significantly downhill during the holidays.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3456
Ran 4.5 miles today. :h: Feels so nice to get out of the house and actually cover a decent amount of distance. Definitely think I'll stick to this rather than gym, assuming no injury issues.

Original post by avhhs
Evening still not going well. Not found anything interesting yet to do and I can hear a family gathering going on nearby and wish I had a big family too and was close to my cousins :erm: I also can't get out of my mind how crap these last three days have been in comparison to Wednesday. I'm expecting my mental health to go significantly downhill during the holidays.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Having advanced perspective that being home a lot might be difficult could be really helpful because it means you can actually do something about it. Have you tried applying for jobs? I know there isn't a lot out there at the moment, but there are still some things going and you could be lucky. I'm only working three day weeks for most of the summer but I think I'd go a bit crazy without the structure. You could also take up a hobby - like exercise of some kind, which is good for taking up time, or do some of the recommended reading for your uni course.

It's important to bear in mind that we don't just get depressed because of our environment - it's more about how you react to what happens to you than about the bare facts of the situation. Although we don't have control over our mental health, you do have some level of control over what you do to improve the situation. Remembering that normally makes me feel more powerful to change the damaging areas of my life, and although it's still not perfect it is better.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by VaVe
Exactly.

Too many brownies? Oh no! :awesome:
Reply 3458
Original post by asdfgah
Ran 4.5 miles today. :h: Feels so nice to get out of the house and actually cover a decent amount of distance. Definitely think I'll stick to this rather than gym, assuming no injury issues.

Having advanced perspective that being home a lot might be difficult could be really helpful because it means you can actually do something about it. Have you tried applying for jobs? I know there isn't a lot out there at the moment, but there are still some things going and you could be lucky. I'm only working three day weeks for most of the summer but I think I'd go a bit crazy without the structure. You could also take up a hobby - like exercise of some kind, which is good for taking up time, or do some of the recommended reading for your uni course.

It's important to bear in mind that we don't just get depressed because of our environment - it's more about how you react to what happens to you than about the bare facts of the situation. Although we don't have control over our mental health, you do have some level of control over what you do to improve the situation.

Hey, glad you had a good time jogging :smile:

I have applied for a few jobs but I'm always unsuccessful, and that always makes me feel worthless :sad:. I definitely need exercise but I'm not sure where to start, although my dad has suggested that both of us go to the gym. Let's hope he actually does that, although TBH I've never really liked the gym. I do need to improve my fitness though. I'd love to watch some tv but I quickly lose interest, and I always feel really tired. Currently listening to some music.

I guess I've not reacted to things in a good way? :dontknow: Don't think it will be easy to improve the situation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asdfgah

It's important to bear in mind that we don't just get depressed because of our environment - it's more about how you react to what happens to you than about the bare facts of the situation. Although we don't have control over our mental health, you do have some level of control over what you do to improve the situation. Remembering that normally makes me feel more powerful to change the damaging areas of my life, and although it's still not perfect it is better.

Jealous, well done!!!!!

Latest