The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6100
Original post by james1211
Anything that makes me feel healthy to eat always does a good job foaming me feel better.

I swear mirrors are a curse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was meant to say making not foaming, damn android keyboard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anything that makes me feel healthy to eat always does a good job foaming me feel better.

I swear mirrors are a curse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only cos we have no meat :tongue:

But yeah lots of veggies to eat :smile:

They are. There everywhere in this house :frown: living room, landing, bathroom, my room, mums room and possibly even the spare room thingy :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks. I've dragged myself outside for a walk to calm down a bit. Was getting agitated.

Hope you find a way to overcome your anxiety. I used to be like that but got involved in sports clubs and met people through them and we ended up bonding and doing our own stuff.

Glad to hear you're feeling better :hugs:

Thank you =) Alas though I am pretty awful at sports and have never really played so it isn't much of an option but hopefully societies at Uni will serve a similar purpose.

Original post by PonchoKid
Really on a self hatred mission today :frown:
Really hate my hair
And my body
And my spots :frown:

Dont even know where it came from :/

:console: Sorry to hear it Poncho, have you asked the family if it would be alright to cover or remove them? I know how hard it is to accept your body sometimes but the reason why your hair is beautiful and your body and spots are is because they're unique to you <3 And I say this as someone who used to get called Spongebob at school :rolleyes:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Well hello there! :hi:

It sounds like you could benefit from cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), which would help you realise the "logic" behind your thought processes (e.g. why you think you'll fail every task, however simple). Once you've identified that logic, you can begin to unwind it :yes:

:hugs:

Thanks :hugs: I don't really feel comfortable seeing a therapist, I may use the Uni's counselling services if need be but I feel i'm fairly good at finding the reason to why I feel the way I do (it's how I got rid of most of my social anxiety). I'm in that weird position of just feeling really uncomfortable in my own body. It's just when you suddenly find yourself in the center of Manchester preparing for an interview all of that logic sort of falls away around you :frown:
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
:console: Sorry to hear it Poncho, have you asked the family if it would be alright to cover or remove them? I know how hard it is to accept your body sometimes but the reason why your hair is beautiful and your body and spots are is because they're unique to you <3 And I say this as someone who used to get called Spongebob at school :rolleyes:

Cant move them or really cover them up :frown: cant even take the one down in my room because of how its put up :frown:
My hairs really not beautiful its dry and falling out :frown:
And my spots are bad enough that even the dr noticed them and thought they were bad enough for meds without me mentioning it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6104
Thanks :smile: I made some food myself and it went well so it picked me up a little. Hope your day also goes well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: Hope your day has continued to improve :yep:

its just an idea about slightly changing courses if you dont think your heart will be fully in that course.
its always worth a look hun, even if you look into it for next year?
theres that thing called adjustment this year isnt there? so you can change course, prehaps talk to someone at your school on monday?

there are so many options hun, and it will all work out, i promise.

even if you dont go to uni this year, theres always next year when your feeling better, you never know after a year out and focussing on YOU you might feel better :smile:
:penguinhug:

Thanks so much hun :h: :penguinhug: I'm not sure the issue is with the course necessarily, more with me. In that I don't feel as though I have the capacity to feel passion about anything, as I don't care about a whole lot in my life as I feel quite numb to things. So I would like to do the course, but would like the confidence to feel like it wouldn't all be way over my head, and that I could use it to do great things. More than anything I want to feel positive about the future, like I could make some sort of difference. And because I often think about 'bad' things, I think it seems hard to believe I actually have a future at all. I don't know. I really need someone else in a better state of mind to make my decision :cry2:
Reply 6105
Original post by IDukem
if you don't feel up for something like that, then it's fine :smile: No worries about the pm :h: Yeah sure, there's no rush in you doing a reply honest :hugs:
I hope you're having a great day today :hugs:

Sorry, will reply now! :penguinhug:

Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
Glad to hear you're feeling better :hugs:

Thank you =) Alas though I am pretty awful at sports and have never really played so it isn't much of an option but hopefully societies at Uni will serve a similar purpose.

Thanks :hugs: I don't really feel comfortable seeing a therapist, I may use the Uni's counselling services if need be but I feel i'm fairly good at finding the reason to why I feel the way I do (it's how I got rid of most of my social anxiety). I'm in that weird position of just feeling really uncomfortable in my own body. It's just when you suddenly find yourself in the center of Manchester preparing for an interview all of that logic sort of falls away around you :frown:

:hi:
Welcome to the thread! :h:
Reply 6106
Original post by 08batee
Sorry, will reply now! :penguinhug:

Nothing to be sorry for! Sorry for me replying quickly :colondollar: I love that emoticon :h:

Reply 6107
Original post by IDukem
Nothing to be sorry for! Sorry for me replying quickly :colondollar: I love that emoticon :h:

Hahaha, you're a silly billy. :tongue: You and your quick replies. :hmmm: :shakecane: It's not good enough, you know :nah: :lol: I always seem to be apologising for taking an age to reply and you're apologising for replying too quickly, haha :h:

Original post by 08batee
Thanks so much hun :h: :penguinhug: I'm not sure the issue is with the course necessarily, more with me. In that I don't feel as though I have the capacity to feel passion about anything, as I don't care about a whole lot in my life as I feel quite numb to things. So I would like to do the course, but would like the confidence to feel like it wouldn't all be way over my head, and that I could use it to do great things. More than anything I want to feel positive about the future, like I could make some sort of difference. And because I often think about 'bad' things, I think it seems hard to believe I actually have a future at all. I don't know. I really need someone else in a better state of mind to make my decision :cry2:

is it more nerves about going to uni? and THINKING you wont be good at it?
everyone gets like that hun, there are thousands of people across the UK thinking they dont deserve the place they have, and scared about going to uni, but in away thats whats good about uni, everyone feels the same!
what about going this year, seeing how it goes, then thinking about it when youv tried it out?
because if you defer, youll probably be in the same situation next year thinking you arnt good enough when you ARE good enough, and you DO deserve your place.
youv worked just as hard as everyone else, if not harder to get your place.
Reply 6109
Really not doing well. Can't talk to anyone. Don't know what to do.
Reply 6110
Original post by 08batee
Hahaha, you're a silly billy. :tongue: You and your quick replies. :hmmm: :shakecane: It's not good enough, you know :nah: :lol: I always seem to be apologising for taking an age to reply and you're apologising for replying too quickly, haha :h:

Hey! My name isn't Billy :wink: (do you know my name?...I can't remember :redface:) I thought you liked them :sad::wink: Funny that isn't it? Hahaaaa, I was thinking that during my last pm actually :tongue:

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6111
Original post by 08batee
:hugs: Hope your day has continued to improve :yep:

It's a bit more alright, but I'm panicking because I have a lot of administrative stuff to do involving tax credits, P45, royal institute of chartered surveyors assessment of professional competence to apply for, student finance to completely change, I need to ring a customer support line to cancel a charge I shouldn't have been charged for and I have a bill of £300 to pay in 3 weeks that I wasn't expecting :redface:

Life goes on :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6112
Original post by asdfgah

You can always PM me if you want to, I'm here if you need someone desperately :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Triggering programmes :woo:

Such a **** up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6114
is it more nerves about going to uni? and THINKING you wont be good at it?
everyone gets like that hun, there are thousands of people across the UK thinking they dont deserve the place they have, and scared about going to uni, but in away thats whats good about uni, everyone feels the same!
what about going this year, seeing how it goes, then thinking about it when youv tried it out?
because if you defer, youll probably be in the same situation next year thinking you arnt good enough when you ARE good enough, and you DO deserve your place.
youv worked just as hard as everyone else, if not harder to get your place.

I really don't know what it is :sad: Nervous about how my MH will affect every single part of my life there, really. I know for a fact if I didn't have this rubbish to deal with, I'd be more confident and excited, just like everyone else. Seeing everyone so excited is making me feel so much worse. I know that sounds horrible but :sigh: I'm sure it will be okay whatever happens though, thanks so much for your support, you're wonderful hun! :h: :hugs: Hope you're doing okay today :smile: :hugs:

Original post by asdfgah

Big hugs, hun :jumphug: :jumphug: I know you said you can't talk to anyone and even if you did then it wouldn't be me, but you can PM me any time if you ever want to.

Original post by IDukem
Hey! My name isn't Billy :wink: (do you know my name?...I can't remember :redface:) I thought you liked them :sad::wink: Funny that isn't it? Hahaaaa, I was thinking that during my last pm actually :tongue:

Haha, that's a shame :sad: It's a pretty cool name :tongue: I don't! But I'll probably have to call you Billy from now on, aha :wink: I really am terrible, I'm like it with everyone so I apologise, nothing personal at all :colondollar: I'll reply now!
Reply 6115
It's a bit more alright, but I'm panicking because I have a lot of administrative stuff to do involving tax credits, P45, royal institute of chartered surveyors assessment of professional competence to apply for, student finance to completely change, I need to ring a customer support line to cancel a charge I shouldn't have been charged for and I have a bill of £300 to pay in 3 weeks that I wasn't expecting :redface:

Life goes on :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Goodness me! That sounds rubbish! That's a lot of things you need to do, but try not to panic and just sort one thing at a time :console: Sending good vibes, I hope it all goes smoothly :hugs:
Reply 6116
Original post by 08batee
Goodness me! That sounds rubbish! That's a lot of things you need to do, but try not to panic and just sort one thing at a time :console: Sending good vibes, I hope it all goes smoothly :hugs:

Thanks very much, it'll get done it's just a case of working out how and when. It's worth it in the end because it's all for that new job I'm starting in September and half of it is just so I can become chartered a year earlier after I graduate from my degree. Trying not to think too hard because it's all very confusing to someone of my simple mind :tongue:

Oh and if you think you need a year before going to uni to work things out don't hesitate too much, I wish I'd done a year out before going so I could have some time to breathe and focus on my thoughts rather than rush into one thing after the other. That being said as worried as I was about uni and not knowing if I could commit or build a future out of it, well it's gone well and after a few weeks I really got into it and got hooked so your options really are just as good either way. Hope you work things out :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6117
Original post by asdfgah

Talk to meeeeeee! :hugs:
Original post by 08batee
I really don't know what it is :sad: Nervous about how my MH will affect every single part of my life there, really. I know for a fact if I didn't have this rubbish to deal with, I'd be more confident and excited, just like everyone else. Seeing everyone so excited is making me feel so much worse. I know that sounds horrible but :sigh: I'm sure it will be okay whatever happens though, thanks so much for your support, you're wonderful hun! :h: :hugs: Hope you're doing okay today :smile: :hugs:

you can get help and support hun. if it wasnt for my personal tutor i wouldnt have even made it past 1st year! and look at me now, im resitting 3rd year and not giving up because of her!
i know i certainly wasnt excited after i found out i got my place at uni, in actual fact deep down i was hoping i WOULDNT get a place, and prove to everyone i was a failure. so i completely understand not being excited hun.
but you do have so many options. try talk to someone at school on monday about your options. :smile:

and im not wonderful, infact im just the opposite :smile:
iv had a day filled with self hatred and tears so its been fun :smile:
:hugs:
Reply 6119
Original post by 08batee

Haha, that's a shame :sad: It's a pretty cool name :tongue: I don't! But I'll probably have to call you Billy from now on, aha :wink: I really am terrible, I'm like it with everyone so I apologise, nothing personal at all :colondollar: I'll reply now!

Haha, i'll tell you my name in a pm tomorrow :smile: I'm like that too :colondollar:
I'll pm you tomorrow as i'm tired right now to do it :penguinhug:

Latest