The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

I feel so lost right now, there are so many things in my life that are holding me down or bringing me down, my anxiety, my aspergers, my depression, my dyspraxia, my ear and now these blood tests on Thursday where I may well have something else wrong with me, on top of that I have no money most of the time, no job prospects at all without first dealing with everything else, no friends I can talk to yet alone hang out with, that's my own fault I guess but even when I do message people on Facebook they just stop replying after a while and it never gets to the point of arranging to meet up anymore, heck saying this I don't even know I would be well enough to meet up with people right now, gah, it's all so confusing and I just feel like there are all these obstacles between my life right now and the life I want, the only things that are stopping me from falling apart completely right now are my mum and my girlfriend who are both amazing to me, really don't know how I have either of them and I am sure as hell I don't deserve them, but they stick by me no matter how bad things are, that amazes me that they can find it in themselves to do that, I feel like I could be so much better to and for both of them as well that just makes me feel so guilty, like I really ain't worthy of having them there to keep me afloat.

I just don't know what to do really, I feel like my life over the last 18 months or so has just become some kind of thing that happens and that I barely stumble through each day, so much of it has just passed me by altogether I think and even more of that time just seems to have been so empty, I feel empty as well, just like that black hole inside of me is back and sucking away all those good thoughts I manage to find, and I know if ever my mum/girlfriend/both aren't there to replenish those good thoughts, I may well end up being sucked inside that darkness for ever :s-smilie:

sorry if any of this makes no sense or is upsetting, took me ages to manage to get this typed out and I feel kinda disoriented having done so.
Original post by Aj12
Hey not sure if this is the right place to ask but my girlfriend is on Sertraline, 100 mg. Her dosage went up from 50 mg today. Shes currently in a lot of pain, sore throat pain in her back. It's really bad. Are these normal side effects or something more serious?

Hey. :smile:

I'd say best call NHS Direct/24. They'll be able to tell best if it's a side-effect or not. If they don't think it's urgent, make an appointment with her GP in the morning and see if she should continue taking her meds. If none of this help is available, just use common sense (I kept on taking meds longer than I ought to have because I just thought 'it's good for me' when really I should've realised to stop).

In the meantime just be supportive, give her some herbal tea with honey if you have it, and I hope she feels better soon!
Reply 7922
Original post by superwolf
Hey. :smile:

I'd say best call NHS Direct/24. They'll be able to tell best if it's a side-effect or not. If they don't think it's urgent, make an appointment with her GP in the morning and see if she should continue taking her meds. If none of this help is available, just use common sense (I kept on taking meds longer than I ought to have because I just thought 'it's good for me' when really I should've realised to stop).

In the meantime just be supportive, give her some herbal tea with honey if you have it, and I hope she feels better soon!

Will do thanks :smile:
Original post by SciFiRory
I feel so lost right now, there are so many things in my life that are holding me down or bringing me down, my anxiety, my aspergers, my depression, my dyspraxia, my ear and now these blood tests on Thursday where I may well have something else wrong with me, on top of that I have no money most of the time, no job prospects at all without first dealing with everything else, no friends I can talk to yet alone hang out with, that's my own fault I guess but even when I do message people on Facebook they just stop replying after a while and it never gets to the point of arranging to meet up anymore, heck saying this I don't even know I would be well enough to meet up with people right now, gah, it's all so confusing and I just feel like there are all these obstacles between my life right now and the life I want, the only things that are stopping me from falling apart completely right now are my mum and my girlfriend who are both amazing to me, really don't know how I have either of them and I am sure as hell I don't deserve them, but they stick by me no matter how bad things are, that amazes me that they can find it in themselves to do that, I feel like I could be so much better to and for both of them as well that just makes me feel so guilty, like I really ain't worthy of having them there to keep me afloat.

I just don't know what to do really, I feel like my life over the last 18 months or so has just become some kind of thing that happens and that I barely stumble through each day, so much of it has just passed me by altogether I think and even more of that time just seems to have been so empty, I feel empty as well, just like that black hole inside of me is back and sucking away all those good thoughts I manage to find, and I know if ever my mum/girlfriend/both aren't there to replenish those good thoughts, I may well end up being sucked inside that darkness for ever :s-smilie:

sorry if any of this makes no sense or is upsetting, took me ages to manage to get this typed out and I feel kinda disoriented having done so.

Rory this is kind of a stopgap answer cos I'm a little drunk, but I will answer properly later and in the meantime remember you are awesome! You are way better than those ****ty people who don't give a crap about anyone but themselves, you're better than any health conditions you may suffer from, and you're better than that emptiness too. :jumphug:
Reply 7924
Original post by PonchoKid
That was only 1 night though :tongue: and it was the strongest dose of that pill... There bloody amazing :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Either way I'd like to avoid them :yep:

:tongue:

I ALWaYS wondered why rorys lanzoprosole rattled!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:laugh: :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rmhumphries
I am lucky, that unlike paracetamol capsules (which are a fine white powder), the lanzoprole is made up of white little balls (about a millimetre big), so I am able to capture them and put most of the ones that escape back!

This is the only time I got the dissoluble ones, no idea why I got given them. Agomelatine is the same - tastes of nothing. Not on any pills which taste bad currently luckily.

OMG WOW! That sounds amazing fun, yes I can definitely see why you want to take them apart. :biggrin:

Has anyone ever had pills that tasted of marmite? :s-smilie: Weirdest thing ever...

Heh, what drug is that?

I'm not sure if marmite would be preferable to what my benztropine tastes of. :beard:
Original post by Sabertooth
Heh, what drug is that?

I'm not sure if marmite would be preferable to what my benztropine tastes of. :beard:

Vitamins I think... :holmes:
Rediculous amount of tears tonight but still feel like my brain may implode :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just convert your stress in something you find pleasureable, like I try to convert pain to pleasure by thinking of something else.
Reply 7929
Original post by avhhs
Dunno really. Most of them are second years that already know each other.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm.. still think they could have made you feel more welcome :yep:
Reply 7930
I feel really lost this afternoon. I want to stay in but I want to go out. I want a project to work on but I can't get the bloodyesewing machine to work. I need company. Feel like a wreck.
Original post by HmMusic
I feel really lost this afternoon. I want to stay in but I want to go out. I want a project to work on but I can't get the bloodyesewing machine to work. I need company. Feel like a wreck.

This would be a bit of hassle, but you could take the sewing machine to a repair shop and ask them to figure it out for you? :tongue:
Original post by IDukem
Did you do it? :h: Don't worry if you didn't! I hope you managed all right :yep:
That's sooo lovely of them :biggrin: I wish I had people like that haha.
I did in the end through watching David Mitchell videos :giggle: I'm feeling much brighter today :biggrin:
N'aww that's nice to hear!! Did you have fun? It's good to see friends fairly often as they can help bring people out of their shells for a little while :biggrin:
I'm doing great actually!! :biggrin: There's a new girl in our group and we get on pretty well (she has a boyfriend) and *touchwood*, i'm talking to people more often :h:
How are you hun? :grin:

:hugs:

Sorry I didn't reply- last night was a bad night. :hugs:
They are amazing. :smile: Very, very lucky to have people who are so understanding. :yes:
Oooh good! :smile: Glad you're feeling brighter. :hugs:
It was good- it was really nice to have a catch up with her- we haven't had a proper chat in ages. :biggrin: Makes life feel a bit more normal as well- it's a really good distraction. :smile:
Aw good! It's always great to find new people! :biggrin:
I'm not so good- had a massive argument with mum and now I cant stop crying. :s-smilie:
How are you? :hugs:
Rory this is kind of a stopgap answer cos I'm a little drunk, but I will answer properly later and in the meantime remember you are awesome! You are way better than those ****ty people who don't give a crap about anyone but themselves, you're better than any health conditions you may suffer from, and you're better than that emptiness too. :jumphug:

Thank you for this, I read it out to him while I was in tears, and your kind words made me cry more!
Your so good to Rory :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7934
Original post by tasha96
Sorry I didn't reply- last night was a bad night. :hugs:
They are amazing. :smile: Very, very lucky to have people who are so understanding. :yes:
Oooh good! :smile: Glad you're feeling brighter. :hugs:
It was good- it was really nice to have a catch up with her- we haven't had a proper chat in ages. :biggrin: Makes life feel a bit more normal as well- it's a really good distraction. :smile:
Aw good! It's always great to find new people! :biggrin:
I'm not so good- had a massive argument with mum and now I cant stop crying. :s-smilie:
How are you? :hugs:

It's all right!! I hope tonight won't be bad for you :hugs:
Anyone who is understanding is far above okay in my books!! It's a rarity these days :colondollar:
Yeah i'm feeling quite happy in all honesty :biggrin: I hope it lasts for a while :redface:
Aww i'm happy for you :h: Hopefully it's the first of many on the horizon? :grin: Distractions are pretty darn good from time to time :yep:
I like meeting new people, depends on my mood on whether I make good or bad first impressions though :tongue:
Awwww i'm sorry to hear that :hugs: :hugs: I hope it gets resolved soon :jumphug:
I'm doing great, I hope you get better soon!!

:hugs: :hugs:
i feel so trapped, all i want to do is run away, run so far that i cant be found. i cant cope with things, i cant do it. i so ****ing scared and i cant do it :bawling:
Original post by tasha96
That sounds terrifying. :frown: Massive hugs from here. :hugs: I've had similar experiances when eating, when eating was a huge issue for me. I'd start a meal and then the next thing I knew, I'd be washing the dishes, or back upstairs. :s-smilie: Would it be worth mentioning it to your gp or someone the next time you see them? :hugs:
Also, noticed that you're from north of the border. :ninja: Are you in sixth year?

Thanks for the hugs. <3 I'm in fifth year.
Original post by IDukem
It's all right!! I hope tonight won't be bad for you :hugs:
Anyone who is understanding is far above okay in my books!! It's a rarity these days :colondollar:
Yeah i'm feeling quite happy in all honesty :biggrin: I hope it lasts for a while :redface:
Aww i'm happy for you :h: Hopefully it's the first of many on the horizon? :grin: Distractions are pretty darn good from time to time :yep:
I like meeting new people, depends on my mood on whether I make good or bad first impressions though :tongue:
Awwww i'm sorry to hear that :hugs: :hugs: I hope it gets resolved soon :jumphug:
I'm doing great, I hope you get better soon!!

:hugs: :hugs:

Thanks. :hugs: I hope so too. :tongue: Have a training session with my volunteering untl quite late so hopefully that will keep me distracted/make me so exhuasted I fall asleep pretty quickly and so don't have to deal with night time. :frown:
Yeah. :colondollar: Exacly. :yep: I owe them so much, they've done everything they possibly could to make things easier for me. :love:
Good! So glad for you. :biggrin: :hugs:
Hopefully. :smile: She wanted to make more plans but we haven't got round to it yet. :ninja:
Aww. :hugs:
I hope so too. :frown: Really scared to go back down stairs at the moment (currently hiding in my room). :frown: I don't deal with conflict very well at all.
Thank you. :hugs: Have you been up to anything today? :smile:

Original post by Hollyperidol
Thanks for the hugs. <3 I'm in fifth year.

Oooh! :eek: Fifth year is such a busy year. :yep: (I missed three quarters of it :teehee: but we wont mention that :tongue: ).
:hugs:
Reply 7938
Original post by tasha96
Thanks. :hugs: I hope so too. :tongue: Have a training session with my volunteering untl quite late so hopefully that will keep me distracted/make me so exhuasted I fall asleep pretty quickly and so don't have to deal with night time. :frown:
Yeah. :colondollar: Exacly. :yep: I owe them so much, they've done everything they possibly could to make things easier for me. :love:
Good! So glad for you. :biggrin: :hugs:
Hopefully. :smile: She wanted to make more plans but we haven't got round to it yet. :ninja:
Aww. :hugs:
I hope so too. :frown: Really scared to go back down stairs at the moment (currently hiding in my room). :frown: I don't deal with conflict very well at all.
Thank you. :hugs: Have you been up to anything today? :smile:

Ooooooo that sounds fun!! :biggrin: It'll distract you and it could be put on CVs n'all :yep: I hope it makes you exhausted for that reason then!! Go out there and boss your volunteering :grin:
I could be wrong, but the only thing they probably want from you is simply you being in their lives. Everything else that you provide would be a nice bonus :h:
N'aww thank you hun :hugs:
In time you will...i'm sure :biggrin:
Eventually you will and sometimes you got to bite the bullet and apologise even if you were in the right. I'm like you though, I HATE conflicts/confrontations and anything that involves shouting.
Yeah i've done some work n'all...that's about it haha. How about you/ Did you manage to get to school? :h: :hugs:
Thank you for this, I read it out to him while I was in tears, and your kind words made me cry more!
Your so good to Rory :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well he's a lovely guy and totally deserves it. :h: Plus I want him to come camping!

Latest