The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

I finally got around to being ready to start revision for my exam on Wednesday, however I am fully unable to currently due to the fact that there was a power failure where my university keeps all its servers, and as they were completely unprepared to cope with this insane occurrence, I can't access any of my course notes or example exam questions (as they are stored in a system which is down because, even though the power is up, half of the universities systems are not working or working very slowly - causing files to time out while downloading and the likes).

Still, on the positive side - at least I was screwed because my exam was today - anyone who had their exams at 1:30 or 4:30 may have been in trouble as the portal, which contains our exam timetable, and all the exam locations; also was down for the afternoon...
Original post by asdfgah
My bedroom wall is being slowly but surely overtaken by the human brain. I have an atypical psych, memory and motivation wall, a vision and hearing wall and some other stuff needs some other place to go but I'm not quite sure how I'm going to integrate basically the whole of cognitive psych into a wall, plus got all developmental stuff so I really need a wall for that as well. Have been feeling really anxious and frustrated and I think doing something productive (and sort of physical, since I keep having to climb on chairs) is helping get out the energy.

To anyone who needs revision tips, mine are:
1. Sharpies.
2. A wall.
3. A total disregard for the "no blu-tack" policy.

:smile:

i find it helpful to make bright, colourful posters and flow diagrams and stick them round my wall too - it not only helps me learn, but it helps me when i'm in a 'im such a failure, i cant even work hard anymore' mood that i can look around my room and be like "actually, look at what ive done so far"

although the smell of sharpies affects me really strongly and i feel dizzy and sick when i smell them, so i use stabilo fineliners and felt tips instead :tongue:

what some of my friends have done is cover their walls with wrapping paper turned over so its just plain paper, and then written directly onto the paper whenever something comes to them or they find an equation they need. so it ends up just being a wall filled with revision. it's an expensive way to do it, but for them, its helpful.
Reply 1022
Everything hurts. I can't deal with these flashbacks I can't do it I can't do it I can't do it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just want to cry. So much to do. So little time. No idea what im doing. Potential poncho disaster ahead.

Just need to hide not be sat on a train home making me massively anxious :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Team_McDreamy
do you have a tv/film series that you are watching? i eased myself back into work by working for a short period of time, then watching it for 15 minutes, then working again. you could start off by working for the longest stretch you can, and then trying to increase it each day or so, until you reach maybe an hour a time?

either that or find a target in your work, say you want to reach a certain topic, and then set yourself a reward, like you could buy yourself a new book/dvd/pair of shoes if you reach that target.

obviously these are only short term solutions but i think the time for permanent adjustments is not just before an exam!

Original post by superwolf
Coloured highlighter pens! The only studying I'm currently capable of is reading through stuff and highlighting important bits/parts I don't understand. I aim to do it for ten minutes at a time, and if I meet my weekly target I buy myself a present. :biggrin: This week I'm aiming for twenty minutes a day, and depending on how that goes aim for thirty next week. It's a very small target, but I think it's a good base to build on, and I can always do extra on days when I get into it.

Also agree with the tea suggestion. :tongue:

Thank you both! I'll try your advice. I always get myself a present at the end of exams just to congratulate myself for surviving so I can vogue for that advice. I always use colour too cos I find I just can't read plain pens cos it's too dull (sounds so silly :P). Your advice sounds really helpful (and realistic!!). Good luck with both your exams(s) :smile:
AAAH! I was feeling all positive today cos things were going rather well and now i've been dumped with more annoying side-effects. Just getting up and walking into the hall made me really dizzy and my vision blurred. Where did all this come from?! I was feeling good up to a while ago. Urgh well i'll just have to push through and do what I can. It would help if my eyes and brain could stay focused for more than a second though. XD

Many hugs to all of you who're feeling a bit low today. :smile:
feel like absolutye ****e.. my ribs are in agonry.. and what they gave me earlier has sadly worn off.. gonna ask them for somre more..
Reply 1027
Original post by -FireFlies-
feel like absolutye ****e.. my ribs are in agonry.. and what they gave me earlier has sadly worn off.. gonna ask them for somre more..

:jumphug: Sorry things are so **** for you at the moment :console: I hope things improve for you soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sunfowers01
I feel like a failure because I had to cut my hours at work. :frown:

Think of it as investing in the future. By cutting your hours now you have more time for you and you could do so much good with that extra time. It's a sensible choice, not a failure. :hat: *

*(I was looking for a happy supportive face but then I saw that)
My flatmate put on a documentary about the hillsborough disaster and for some reason it's making my anxiety sky rocket.
Reply 1030
When will things get better and I finally have a happy, fulfilling life? :frown:
Reply 1031
Just can't do this at the moment. Don't understand how anything can get any better when I feel this depressed and this desperate and tired all the time. Oh my god everything's so so hard. Can't see anything good when I'm in this level of pain, feeling the most deeply depressed ever. Can't eat or sleep or ever relax or think properly or actually get out of bed. Can't be normal or act normally and I feel so lost. This is too painful for me to take.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Managed to get some work done. It's the same work i've already done but it's work none the less. I feel so proud myself I want to cry with joy :biggrin: Thank you to everybody who suggested spider diagrams and rewards. I now have colourful spiders covered in stickers and a brilliant sense of achievement :nutcase: It's not much but to me it's AMAZING! :clap2:

Hang in there. Life has it's ups and downs but when you've been through big down it makes the ups all the better! It gets better and that's what matters :fluffy: xx
Original post by 08batee
:jumphug: Sorry things are so **** for you at the moment :console: I hope things improve for you soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks :h: :hugs: gonna try and sleep (again!) now.. been sleeping all day :/ :erm:
Original post by Kindred
Managed to get some work done. It's the same work i've already done but it's work none the less. I feel so proud myself I want to cry with joy :biggrin: Thank you to everybody who suggested spider diagrams and rewards. I now have colourful spiders covered in stickers and a brilliant sense of achievement :nutcase: It's not much but to me it's AMAZING! :clap2:

Hang in there. Life has it's ups and downs but when you've been through big down it makes the ups all the better! It gets better and that's what matters :fluffy: xx

PRSOM :angry:

but i'm glad you've made some headway now :smile: hopefully it can continue on like this!
Reply 1035
Original post by Kindred

I was going to rep you anyway, but now also on Team_McDreamy's behalf.

Nice work and may it continue :h: It means something to you and that's all that matters :biggrin:
Original post by IDukem
It is when I don't understand it :tongue: Likewise...i'd go to California, East and West coast of Oz land, the Caribbean etc. :h: Snap, so is mine >.< yeha they deserved to win but I liked Finland annnd...damn I can't remember the country, but it had a a guy with long blondish hair :smile: UK wasn't that good to be honest, we could have someone immensely popular and we still wouldn't win :tongue:

Yeah so it wasn't a huge waste :smile: I'm slowly getting there, luckily it isn't too hard haha. It's How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days, I did have it and then I lost it and I saw it for £1 so I was like 'meh, it saves me doing a lot of effort trying to find it' :colondollar: The C.D was Poison Greatest Hits 1986 - 1996 :smile: Indeed I shall but it'll be next week and not this coming week :biggrin: Primarily clothes shopping as I need summery clothes haha.

So no love lost between you two then :wink: perhaps a little chat with her in a civilised manner may break the ice a little bit :smile:

I feel like I will but whether I have the strength too remains to be scene, but thanks for your kind words as always big sis :hugs:

I hope you have a great day also! :h: Also what's #TIBFM?...sorry to butt in here :colondollar:

:lovehug:

Whest just means "shush" :tongue: :ninja: Same here! I would love to go to Oz :love: I didn't really like the Finland entry haha.. the UK one was just rubbish as usual tbh!

Ahhh okay.. never heard of either of the things you bought :redface:... well have fun shopping (again :tongue:)

:hugs: no bother.. I hope today was an alright day for you!

#TIBFM = TeamIBelieveFireMoose haha got it from our thing :tongue: #TeamBelieve :tongue:

sorry for that so short reply :redface: :lovehug:
been home 17 minuets and already annoyed a housemate. this must be a world record :yep:
all i did was leave a light on :facepalm:
now scared to go get food even though iv only had lunch incase i make too much noise or leave the lirght on for too long :s-smilie:
Original post by PonchoKid
been home 17 minuets and already annoyed a housemate. this must be a world record :yep:
now scared to go get food even though iv only had lunch incase i make too much noise or leave the lirght on for too long :s-smilie:

It is your place as well, and it is not exactly like it is 1am. Go and make yourself dinner, and if your flatmate complains, set Rory on them!
Original post by PonchoKid

Your flatmate sounds like one I used to have... I call her psycho bitch. For a reason. Don't let them get to you, it's a light - they should really chill out about it! Go get yourself something to eat sweetie :hugs: (it's past sunset - you can definitely leave the light on the entire time you're in there!)

---------

Really not feeling safe right now. I've relapsed with some old behaviours too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest