Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am studying my GCSE's at the moment, I am partly home schooled because I have been bullied all my life and cannot cope with school life. I go into school for at least an hour everyday to do one of the 3 subjects I must compleate in school (as they cannot be compleate at home e.g. drama). I am a high achieving student and am starting my finals in 24 hours. I am taking 11 GCSE exams all of which are GCSE's! As I am partly home schooled I have to do a lot more work than schooled students. This means that I am non stop at the moment with revision, and even when im not actually revising I am thinking about it!:eek: I often take breaks, however these never seem to be enough. I am absolutly exhausted and I still have so much I need to do! I am really struggling now with coping with all the stress. I am finding it really difficult to concentrate on work and am constantly crying. I know its normal and what I am talking about has been said sooooooo many times however I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice or even a friendly chat so that I can get through the next two weeks!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I find stress a big issue too. My advice would be to set aside an hour or something each day where you relax- have a warm bath, listen to music, read a book, do one of your hobbies or something like that. A good night's sleep and fresh air are also very good to reduce stress so make sure you get enough of both. I find that setting a reward for myself that i'll get after I complete all my exams gives me something to look forward to and helps me push through

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Thank you I already set aside time for myself, however I find it hard to know if I am doing to much or too little! Thank you for your advice and I am deffinetly going to try and do more physical activity during my breaks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Listen to your body, it knows best. If you're finding concentration hard try multiple sessions of 15 minuets work followed by a short break instead of a whole hour at once

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I was stressed and went in the exam with that mentality I failed miserably. However, whenever I would imagine the answers are waiting for me, I actually ace them! The key is confidence and even if you don't have enough time to revise, go into the exam thinking you know it all instead of being nervous

ReputationRep:
    I think you just have to make time for yourself and not let exams get you down. Try and feel confident in yourself as that will reflect in your work.

ReputationRep:
    have you been to learning-support? or your schools disability service?

If they are any good.. they should have provisions put in place for students with mental illness..

So for exsample if things got truely bad, and you felt it was effecting your exams, and grades.. there may be ways of submiting mitigating circumstances..

Its not nice to have to use - but its good as a back-up, just in case things went badly wrong.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 17, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.