Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is there ANY point of last minute revision? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I know this sounds silly but it's my lazy side asking;

'Is there ANY point of last minute revision?' If cramming revision to the last minute has worked for you? How have you done it, in regards to techniques/hours/etc?

4 days isn't even last minute, a friend of mine swears that cramming everything the night before helped her. I've revised for quite a while and now i'm demotivated so sick of revision. By trying for the next 4 days, do you think this can help? How has last minute revision worked for you?!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2345588

ReputationRep:
    I hope so. It's the only kind I've ever done. D:

ReputationRep:
    thank you! taking a look through them now, incredible stories! I go to a boys school that has a mixed sixth form so there's not that many girls. Interestingly, and this may not be the case elsewhere but all the guys seem to suck (in terms of revision) BANG out for the two nights prior and get higher marks -_- how?!?!

ReputationRep:
    YES. Do everything you can up until the exam! I only say that because I'd feel awfully guilty not revising for the next four days, and would hate myself after it! Even if its just recapping everything you've done, reading over, keep going. You've revised for quite a while? Well four days more isnt going to kill you. And you'll feel better for it.

ReputationRep:
    It can. For something like a university science exam i wouldnt recommend it as it's physically impossible to learn everything for it the night before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ernstleanflowers)
    I know this sounds silly but it's my lazy side asking;

'Is there ANY point of last minute revision?' If cramming revision to the last minute has worked for you? How have you done it, in regards to techniques/hours/etc?

4 days isn't even last minute, a friend of mine swears that cramming everything the night before helped her. I've revised for quite a while and now i'm demotivated so sick of revision. By trying for the next 4 days, do you think this can help? How has last minute revision worked for you?!
    Its the most important time lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Every little helps! *collects Tesco sponsorship money*

But yeah, I've relied on it for the past few years (too much) and it has helped. Make the most of the time you have, no matter how little that may be!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.