Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think i've done enough revision, i hope i have anyway

In the exam, if it asks for example: how would religion effect someones thoughts on sex before marriage?

or something like that, i know you don't have to write what religion you're talking about you can just say 'some religions...' so could i make it up? obviously not stupid stuff but if it sounded about right then they can't mark me down surely? i'm sure the examiner doesn't know the inside out of every religion because there are many minor religions out there?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, don't worry. Just remember what you've done in exam practice and what they've taught you in lessons and you'll be fine. Also, don't try to do any last minute revision tonight. It'll only make things worse and you'll start to stress about things you may or may not know, and all it will do will give you a restless night's sleep and you won't be on the top of your game tomorrow.

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    I presume we are taking the same exam tomorrow? OCR A level religious studies (I'm doing the ethics module exam).
    It should be the case that you learnt about one or a few in particular detail, so it will most likely ask you a question about 'the religion you have studied'.
    If not then don't make it up.. you will look like you don't know anything. Even if the examiner doesn't know everything about all the religions, they will be able to look up the religions you are discussing and they have a mark scheme.
    If I were you I would decide what kind of points you are going to make about certain religions if you have learn about a few. For example, you might decide that if there is a question on women, you will respond with Catholicism, a question on animals you might think to respond with Hinduism.
    Don't make it up. That is the same as walking into a history exam and saying things that are made up. They will know and you will get no marks.
    If you want to know how specific you should be, take a look at some mark schemes and examiner reports.
    Hopefully this helps, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleRedMonster)
    I presume we are taking the same exam tomorrow? OCR A level religious studies (I'm doing the ethics module exam).
    It should be the case that you learnt about one or a few in particular detail, so it will most likely ask you a question about 'the religion you have studied'.
    If not then don't make it up.. you will look like you don't know anything. Even if the examiner doesn't know everything about all the religions, they will be able to look up the religions you are discussing and they have a mark scheme.
    If I were you I would decide what kind of points you are going to make about certain religions if you have learn about a few. For example, you might decide that if there is a question on women, you will respond with Catholicism, a question on animals you might think to respond with Hinduism.
    Don't make it up. That is the same as walking into a history exam and saying things that are made up. They will know and you will get no marks.
    If you want to know how specific you should be, take a look at some mark schemes and examiner reports.
    Hopefully this helps, good luck!
    That makes sense thank you! But i'm actually sitting the GCSE exam but what you said is still relevant and can be applied, thank you

ReputationRep:
    well, religion affects a persons beliefs on sex before marriage, as for example Christians see marriage as a sacrament before god, in which their partnership is blessed. For believers, abstaining from sex until married is important as they believe sexual unity is a gift from GOD to be richly enjoyed when in a secure and loving relationship, that provides a stable environment for the raising of children, providing that for many, sex that isn't open to procreation is sinful because in the bible we are instructed to go forth and multiply. LET ME KNOW IF THS HELPS + BEST OF LUCK :* XXX

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _molly)
    That makes sense thank you! But i'm actually sitting the GCSE exam but what you said is still relevant and can be applied, thank you
    You are very welcome !
    Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.