Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Alright so I'm taking a BTEC which is the same as 2 GCSEs, if I pass this BTEC I should finish with a minimum 2 C grades. I'm staying at my school for Sixth Form and was wondering whether this will count for two of the 5 A*-C grades needed.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Im sorry to say it won't, basically right they just neglect it. I had my colllege interview and they just as it as crap and they don't count it in your A*-C grade.

But seeing other posts yeah it does depend on the college your visiting e.g. acedemic will neglect it while vocational college i don't know about but will proably accept it as a gcse

ReputationRep:
    Interesting, I'm going to ask about it tomorrow. I just read on another website that it's counted as 1 GCSE even though it's equiv. to 2.

Well, thanks for the reply.

ReputationRep:
    There is a breakdown on UCAS of what different qualifications are worth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newdle)
    Alright so I'm taking a BTEC which is the same as 2 GCSEs, if I pass this BTEC I should finish with a minimum 2 C grades. I'm staying at my school for Sixth Form and was wondering whether this will count for two of the 5 A*-C grades needed.

Thank you.
    It depends entirely on the 6th form so you would have to ask them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Data)
    It depends entirely on the 6th form so you would have to ask them.
    Yeah, I'm going to ask tomorrow about it. Hopefully it does count in my case as I have a feeling my results aren't going to be the best...

ReputationRep:
    Im sure it does. I did btec science and my sixth form included it but it might depend in the sixth form

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the school, usually comprehensives will probably give you some credit for them but grammar schools definitely won't...which is an issue for me and means I need all A's this year to ensure I get into a grammar school for my A-Levels:|

ReputationRep:
    Found out it does

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.