Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

There's a girl at work who is 27 and had conceived during December, she only knew at about Easter that she's pregnant. Randomly with no notice, she's not coming back to work again anytime soon. I'm wondering what health issues there could be? Also can not knowing be risky, so drinking during early stage and going on long distance holidays? As she went on one for honeymoon in February. It seems random and sad

ReputationRep:
    Something might be wrong, but then again it may not. By the sound of things it doesn't sound fantastic. Just leave the situation as it is for the time being - you're probably not being told anything for a reason. Hopefully they'll let you guys know when the time is right and will appreciate support you give to her. I wouldn't go asking around and poking your nose in just yet in case it offends anyone.

Fingers crossed everything is ok.

It is very sad, people are asking us as we sat near herand sometimes things are very dodgy. The person really isn't nice as she sacked someone with no notice and reason, so her subordinates were glad she isn't in until the notice came out that she's not returning soon... Which is also not nice, no matter what to think that but now everyone's concerned. We were thinking it may be high blood pressure to excuse the general behaviour of yelling and swearing every 20mins and stamping feet. Also her husband is 15yrs older director which we all feel sorry for and I have a feeling he has no idea what his wife is like, she seems to have serious issues and brings them up at work a lot, swears and is stressed about her in-laws so the director's parents which she talks about. I feel very sorry if there's some sort of an explanation for the behaviour, even since new I'd just felt that noone at work likes her as very unprofessional for a manager and immature but this must be even harder for the family to go through. It may be family issues, she thinks her husband's side of the family is racist as they're different races but we don't think it is race, it is because of her childish attitude. We don't know if he knows or has heard any of what she says at work about his family but it makes us wonder, at such an early stage of marriage erm she seems unhappy and stressed and now the baby... First thing when realising the pregnancy, was that maternity leave isn't long enough so was looking forward to that. Is odd, we have to pick up the pieces of work but remember what she says or does and try think what's wrong. Some people even said that it is karma, I was shocked and said wow that's not nice think to say as it is the father's baby too and noone deserves that

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 12, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.