Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey. Tomorrow is the day i get to do 2 final exams: one on OCR's religious ethics (this will be my second attempt after getting a C in january) and second on the OCR's philosophy of religion. I have revised very hard for them however i feel like there is no hope in getting a grade higher than a c...I examined tonnes of exam reports and they seem ridiculous. It's very hard to give examiners exactly what they want. I've even noticed an inconsistence in material interpretation between different sources; some of the theories seem to be majorly twisted and over-analysed in some of them. I'd never think getting grade from philosophy would be so tough. I was pretty damn proud of my january's paper and I was immensely shocked when I heard i've only acheived a 'C'...
    Anyone else sitting those exams? What is your stategy? Please share your tips and views.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing this exam too.... It's out of 24 right?- the ethics one

ReputationRep:
    The OCR A-level Religious Ethics exam consists of 2 questions that can be chosen from a variety of 4. Each question is made up of part a): 25marks and part b) which is 10 marks. The total score is therefore out of 90. Maybe you were thinking about GCSE RE?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah- I'm doing the GCSE Re short course, did you do that?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I got an A*. You should honestly be okay, as long as you know the basics. Evaluating is just a common sense really. Make sure to always start with 'In my opinion...' or 'I strongly believe that...' where they're asking you to give your opinion. Also, make sure to include 'Christian Catholics believe...' where they're asking you to write about christian catholic belief. That's what they require at edexcel anyway. Just go with the flow and use logic. As long as you prove your statements with reasonable explanation they cannot reject it. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callmeninjax3)
    Yeah. I got an A*. You should honestly be okay, as long as you know the basics. Evaluating is just a common sense really. Make sure to always start with 'In my opinion...' or 'I strongly believe that...' where they're asking you to give your opinion. Also, make sure to include 'Christian Catholics believe...' where they're asking you to write about christian catholic belief. That's what they require at edexcel anyway. Just go with the flow and use logic. As long as you prove your statements with reasonable explanation they cannot reject it. Good luck!
    Oh okay, thanks
    Good luck with your exams!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, best of luck to you too!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.