Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

10 Years To Evacuate Earth - Do You Think We Could Do It? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So, we have ten years to evacuate the planet (e.g. neutron star, gamma ray burst, unexpected cosmic event etc etc).

Do you think we could evacuate everyone? Or would only a few go?

Would we stop petty wars and pool our resources to not only build (a) starship(s), but also actually aggressively and swiftly locate suitable "Earth 2s"?

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    i think there are already plans for that sort of thing *just in case*

i think we could do it, if everyone worked together... but i doubt we would. i think it would be every country for itself tbh

ReputationRep:
    Do you actually think building spaceships/starships sizeable enough to facilitate 7 billion people? The planet itself is barely supporting that many people as it is. Besides if there was going to be an "unexpected cosmic event" that would be endangering life on Earth, how would we be able to "expect" it?
    This reminds of the movie "Pandorum". Very similar to what you're describing.
    Evacuation of the planet is implausible in my opinion, only a fortunate minority would be able to leave the planet at best.

ReputationRep:
    If I'm rich ill leave. Otherwise **** it

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.