The Student Room Group

Standard Grade History 2013

So how's everyone's revision for the exam going and what study themes are you all doing. I'm going to aim for 100% because I'm crazy :tongue:

I'm doing:
1B: Changing Life in Scotland and Britain 1830-1930
2A: International Cooperation and Conflict 1890-1920
3C: Russia (can't remember the specific dates lol)
I'm doing the same units as you. Not aiming to get 100 %, just as long as I get an overall 1. Got French first tomorrow, then I will try to learn half the course in two hours. Easy ! :flute:
Reply 2
Original post by Bromaldehyde
I'm doing the same units as you. Not aiming to get 100 %, just as long as I get an overall 1. Got French first tomorrow, then I will try to learn half the course in two hours. Easy ! :flute:

Moi aussi, j'ai le francais demain et je pense que c'est tres facile mais aussi je revisais beaucoup pour l'histoire :tongue:
Yeah , I'm confident for French too but I've barely revised for History. All I need is two twos in the French exam today which is pretty easy. It's nice to have the folio which acts as a cushion.
Reply 4
Hi

How did everyone find the exam and does anyone happen to have the answers for the enquiry skills sections for the units: Changes in Scotland 1880-present day. International cooperation and conflict 1890s to 1920 and People and power Germany.

I am really intrested in finding out the answers because I need a 1 to gaurantee me a place on the higher course next year.

Thanks
Original post by Craigenhogen
Moi aussi, j'ai le francais demain et je pense que c'est tres facile mais aussi je revisais beaucoup pour l'histoire :tongue:

*reviserai :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by ladymarshmallow
*reviserai :smile:

I meaning to say I studied for French, not use the future tense although I can see how you thought that as I guess it was a pretty loosely worded sentence :tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by Mjzach
Hi

How did everyone find the exam and does anyone happen to have the answers for the enquiry skills sections for the units: Changes in Scotland 1880-present day. International cooperation and conflict 1890s to 1920 and People and power Germany.

I am really intrested in finding out the answers because I need a 1 to gaurantee me a place on the higher course next year.

Thanks

Yeah I think the exam went well, the 8 mark short essay was really weird though I thought :s-smilie:. I have no idea where you'd get the answers before the SQA release the marking scheme unless a school puts them online.
I meaning to say I studied for French, not use the future tense although I can see how you thought that as I guess it was a pretty loosely worded sentence :tongue:

:colondollar: Desolee! (sorry, there are no accents!). I thought you meant future tense, and didn't read it through properly and I forgot that SG French was done a couple of days ago, whereas Higher is on the 20th. :facepalm:
Your French is very good, by the way. :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by ladymarshmallow
:colondollar: Desolee! (sorry, there are no accents!). I thought you meant future tense, and didn't read it through properly and I forgot that SG French was done a couple of days ago, whereas Higher is on the 20th. :facepalm:
Your French is very good, by the way. :biggrin:

It's not a problem I don't mind it helped me do a little revision of the future tense lol :colondollar:. Thanks for saying my French was good, I've only been doing it since the start of S4 :biggrin:. Bonne chance pour tes examens :smile:
It's not a problem I don't mind it helped me do a little revision of the future tense lol :colondollar:. Thanks for saying my French was good, I've only been doing it since the start of S4 :biggrin:. Bonne chance pour tes examens :smile:

You did a Standard Grade in French after only one year of learning it ? That's incredible. I've been learning French for years, I can't imagine you sitting it after such a short time, congratulations.
Reply 11
Original post by Bromaldehyde
You did a Standard Grade in French after only one year of learning it ? That's incredible. I've been learning French for years, I can't imagine you sitting it after such a short time, congratulations.

Aww thanks :smile:, my German teacher says I have a knack for languages. To me once you've learnt the basics and a couple of tenses it's not that hard to get going.
Aww thanks :smile:, my German teacher says I have a knack for languages. To me once you've learnt the basics and a couple of tenses it's not that hard to get going.

Damn, that's really, really impressive !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending