Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Oh just before y'all (I'm English not American but i like saying it OK) start wondering I will be starting uni Oct 2013 (THIS YEAR for all of you that don't know what year we're in :s)

Well since I'm becoming obsessed with reading other peoples blogs, i thought i might as well start one myself.

I am awful at english so if i make a lot of grammar and punctual mistakes then i apologise ^_^.

Also i think this will probably be the first blog related to software development so i ought to make it special.

I don't think I've introduced myself yet so here we go... Call me Tish, I'm 19, from the West Midlands and have firmed Computer Science (4 years) at Lancaster University.

Im currently studying BTEC L3 in software, games and web development and before y'all get all judgemental n s***. Im happy i dropped out of AS levels because i doubt i'd have even got the offer - anyways thats another story.

Ill start with explaining why Lancaster, i bet most of you are thinking "where the f*** is that?"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So I will be starting uni in Oct 2013 assuming I go to Lanc Uni.

--- The Back Story ---

I had just finished my GCSEs and decided i wanted to become a sports scientist mainly because i enjoyed sports.

I picked Applied Science, P.E, I.T and i had to do General Studies. So long story short i got bored, didn't revise and quit after summer exams.

Needless to say i got decent grades (ACCU).

I enrolled onto the BTEC course some few weeks after i quit and thats basically how i got onto the course, bare in mind I had always been good at I.T related tasks so I FINALLY FOUND MY PATH!

After my successful first year at college, during summer 2012 i started looking at universities and Lancaster seemed to look really appealing in terms of degree options and the university accommodation and campus looked so nice. BUT, the location was putting me off, its basically in the country side. And if you have been reading you know I'm a city girl .

I visited the campus with my mum in October (just sent off my UCAS application). I enjoyed it but my mum hated the walking so the trip was a short one.

So this year i re-visited in Feb half term (I firmed Lanc in January, early I know) and i just fell in love all over again. I and another student were the only 2 girls out of like 70 of us. WHY SO MANY LADS then again I'm the only lass in my current class at college, meh.

Oh, i recently bought a MacBook Pro 13. You know what they say "once you go mac, you never go back" tehehe .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im currently in bed on my iPhone 4S and have coursework to do. I have to do an all nighter because I have to do the whole unit which is about 10 tasks and I've delayed for about 2-3 months. If i don't upload the work then i cant go paint-balling or alton towers with my fellow classmates.

F*** YOU INSOMNIA AND PROCRASTINATION, WHY DID YOU HAVE TO EXIST.

My mum is blasting emile sande and don't get me wrong I like her but, I'm just like ffs mum turn that crap off.

I really should get out of bed, but i seriously cannot be arsed. I have some fruit pastilles, and they're PUKKA ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So I'm still in bed waiting for match of the day to come on. Im tired as f*** and i just want to sleep. But I need to do some coursework, i think i might have to miss college tomorrow or come in late. Seriously cannot wait till i finish then go to Zante with my friends in July.

I went last year and it was great, apart from the time my friend was so drunk she punched me in the tummy and placed the room key (thankfully not my room) down her pants and... well... Yeah we couldn't get her in the room.

But we didn't invite her to Zante this year because she ruined the holiday for us, harsh but true.

I love the clubbing scene, but I'm gay and most girls just look straight or slutty. Tbf i doubt you want to get laid in a place like Zante most of the lads will have chlamydia, dirty c***s.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So I'm still up doing coursework. College starts at 11.30 meaning i need to leave for like 10.45. I might just pull the all nighter i feel like i need a break though, hmmmm PS3 time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So I am still up, did some coursework, spent like 3 hours debugging some code finally managed to get it sorted, dreading what uni is going to be like if I'm spending 3 hours on a few lines of code

I went downstairs to get some cereal (Lion chocolate and caramel, Nestle), so I poured it into a bowl and mum stood there watching me, creepy or what? LOL joke. But I went in the fridge to get the milk, and she burst out laughing. CRAZY B***H, there was none left.

Orange juice will have to be my breakfast cannot be arsed to make toast or anything... god knows what i'll be like in halls.

Anyways I'm like the only "techy" person in my house (mum, me & bro), so she was going to take the laptop to the repair store, all mum had to do was use the system recovery discs, jesus I hope my brother helps her out a bit when I go haha.

So I have college at 11:30am, I need to wash my hair, sort my clothes out and leave for 10.45 at the latest. Once mums crappy laptop finishes installing Windows Vista (Out-dated much hehe ) I should be good to go soon.

ReputationRep:
    So I've just finished college and I'm on the bus on my way home.

I have eaten so much crap today ergh i feel bloated :'(.

So today was my first time arriving to college on a Monday in like 4 weeks damn.

Today was productive and managed to get some coursework done.

Looking forwards to wednesday going for a Chinese meal with the lads going to be lots of banter (me making them laugh mostly ).

As soon as i go home i will need to get cracking with coursework, still haven't slept since 7pm last night idk how I'm not tired. F**K you insomnia

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im so tired. Its 5:25am and i went to bed around half 9 last night. I still need to do some cw. Lesson is at 10.45 ergh

Time to close my eyes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So I've just finished college, I'm on the bus (so nice n warm) jammin to nicole scherzinger .

I did lots of coursework today, ive almost finished a unit which i should've started 3 months ago . I started it yesterday, man it amazes me how much i can do when i put my mind to it instead of procrastinating ^_^.

I have work tonight (5.30-10.30) idk if I'm looking forwards to it, me and my workmate have bern arguing for the past 4-6 weeks. He is a TW**

When i get home ill iron my work clothes and play on the PS3 then leave for 4.30 hoping theres no traffic.

Should be an interesting evening i guess hehe .
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So yesturday work was dead and it was pouring outside. They wanted me to do a close and stay till 2am. I was like fk that LOL. On the way home i got sbdolutely drenched, fun times.

College was OK today and im now tired but going to watch some TV then go bed.

Got tomo off so i will be doing some coursework

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got called into work last night (11pm-7am). Just got on the bus I'm shattered i had college 12-4.30 as well. Im working tonight 5.30-10.30 but might do a 5.30pm-7.30am shift I'm CRAZY but thinking about the money.

Ive had so many typos in this post due to me being tired.

Got to ***** about 1 of the managers i hate though he's a real mardy ****.

Idk how my body is going to function for tonight, going home now sleep then wake up for 3.30 ew .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Funny posts so far, look foward to more, uber awesome cereal choice btw Hating all this work at the mo ugh! If you fancy some other blogs I've started writing one on same section and a girl called Holly as well (bit of promotion for her aha) Looking foward to when 2013 freshers blog area offically opens as I feel like a liar posting in the 2012 bit hehe.
    Write more soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beth_Armitage)
    Funny posts so far, look foward to more, uber awesome cereal choice btw Hating all this work at the mo ugh! If you fancy some other blogs I've started writing one on same section and a girl called Holly as well (bit of promotion for her aha) Looking foward to when 2013 freshers blog area offically opens as I feel like a liar posting in the 2012 bit hehe.
    Write more soon
    Haha trust me . I swear i could eat that cereal allll day long (ik its like 5pm but I'm deffo going to have some just woke up).

Haha yeah i was reading holly's blog . And ikr, but i couldn't wait that long FFS.

--- Back to work/college stuff ---

So for any of you wondering i had 3 hours sleep after my overnight shift got into work half hour late thinking i started at 5.30pm.

Lol my body is so sore it feels like wen u wake up the next day after a P.E lesson lol. With only 3 hrs sleep in the end i did 5.30pm - 8.15am. Had 3 fag breaks, 2 food breaks (30min nd 10 min lol). I only clocked out for my 30 min break. Ergh we was down by 3 ppl annoying that My manager gets bare ppl on day shifts but like 5 ppl on night shift when its just as busy! So 2 weeks this thurs coming i should get around £200-£250. Considering i only do 2/3 shifts a week its not bad .

I got my pay review and some observation sheets back. I work on front counter and my manager observed me whilst i was serving customers cleaning etc (i didn't know) i was ****ting myself when she called me into the office lol. So i got 90% i failed deserts (i put way too much ice cream in the mcflurrys, coz I'm not mean to customers (we're supposed to put in like half of the flurry cup i was like wtf. Nd i also failed syrup, I'm supposed to know how many meters of syrup goes in the fountain, again WTF!!

On the pay review i got 3/4 (so no pay rise for moi )in total i need to ask more questions coz i appear shy i was like "SAY WHAT?!" Lol but im happy with the scores considering I'm lazy sometimes.

I have basically completed 8.5/9 units next week i should be finished and ready to go full-time at work .

Im gonna get some cereal and decide whether to go back to sleep .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So i had work last night and my boss got really annoyed with me and nearly sent me home. He was in a right F**KING mood the idiot.

I left work with a caramel (for me) and a mocha (for my bro) iced frappe and decided to chat with him about uni etc. I'm considering getting a transfer but i don't want to jeopardise my degree and my social life because ill be doing silly hours at work which has completely messed up my sleeping pattern this year. But ill go ahead with the process and see wat they say.

I haven't been to sleep and I'm on my way to college were going paint-balling today which is gonna be fun. Im gonna go to the shop and buy some energy drinks and snacks i feel dead (i probably look it as well ).

Been asked to do the fri and sat overnight again for this week should be decent I'm gonna be rich soon, trying to save everything (for uni) without spending too much :P.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tish)
    So i had work last night and my boss got really annoyed with me and nearly sent me home. He was in a right F**KING mood the idiot.

I left work with a caramel (for me) and a mocha (for my bro) iced frappe and decided to chat with him about uni etc. I'm considering getting a transfer but i don't want to jeopardise my degree and my social life because ill be doing silly hours at work which has completely messed up my sleeping pattern this year. But ill go ahead with the process and see wat they say.

I haven't been to sleep and I'm on my way to college were going paint-balling today which is gonna be fun. Im gonna go to the shop and buy some energy drinks and snacks i feel dead (i probably look it as well ).

Been asked to do the fri and sat overnight again for this week should be decent I'm gonna be rich soon, trying to save everything (for uni) without spending too much :P.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Very interesting stuff.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.