The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thesabbath
do you agree with the Chinese genocide of ethnic Tibetan people? Do Tibetans not matter?

I think any genocidal activities deliberately designed and coordinated to eradicate a group of people from existence is fundamentally evil.

What the hell does that have to do with people having different skin colours?
Reply 61
Original post by playingcards
I think any genocidal activities deliberately designed and coordinated to eradicate a group of people from existence is fundamentally evil.

"a group of people"

this could refer to people's skin colour
Original post by bustabust
So what if its a small percentage? It's more than 0 which is the problem. Even if you disagree with the whole 'white culture being overrun' this is segregation at the very least.
Segregation from what?
Reply 63
Original post by whyumadtho
Segregation from what?

the majority of society
The only people I hate are the people forcing the replacement of the white British population via policies of "multiculturalism" and "mass immigration".

and yet you feel the need to categorise races into 'theirs' and 'yours' which is ridiculous! surely it doesnt matter which race someone is aslong as they're good people? even if what you were saying was true why does it even matter? and please if someone could come up with the statistics of how many schools there are with no race other than white british in terms of pupils then maybe it would alleviate some of your fears :rolleyes:
the majority of society
What is the "majority of society"?
Original post by playingcards

It sounds like you're very keen to justify and rationalize the conversion of a white country into a non-white country where white children will in time be living as a minority group.

You say that skin colours don't matter, but surely what you really are is anti-white?
So what if its a small percentage? It's more than 0 which is the problem. Even if you disagree with the whole 'white culture being overrun' this is segregation at the very least.

I'll remind you that there are plenty of schools which have no ''non-white'' students. Yet nobody cares about that, do they? These types of schools exist on both ends of the spectrum.

And no, this is not segregation. These students are not being seperated because of their race, it is just how things have turned out. There is no reason to be scared by this. Most likely, the areas around these schools consist of a population whereas ''non-white'' people make up a majority. Like I said, this is to be expected in a country whereas there exist minorities in significant numbers.
"a group of people"

this could refer to people's skin colour

Yes, but I don’t see any deliberate and coordinated activities to exterminate white British people.

It’s just that in some parts of the country, most babies are born to parents who don’t have white skin. That’s all. There is no genocidal conspiracy at play.

And my question is: why the hell does skin colour matter?
It's the ethnic minorities who are raising the average grades
Reply 70
Original post by whyumadtho
What is the "majority of society"?

White.
Even if this were to lead to the gradual removal of the white population from the country, who cares? So long as there's no actual, actively occurring genocide, I don't see a problem. I'm not even sure race is a biologically defined term.

If you see being a minority as inherently different from being a majority, does that not make you a tiny bit racist? As far as I'm aware being a majority doesn't actually give you any privileges, and it shouldn't.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 72
Original post by MatureStudent36
We must be mad, literally mad.......................

Immigration can be good. It can be very good. But what the poster is saying is that there are area's that are becoming ghetto's. Even the Germans have realised the multiculturalism has failed. There's problems with integration as we can see with 84 schools having non whites.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11559451

Surely the only problem with integration is that it isn't happening, which is why there are some areas (and therefore their local schools) with no "White British" students? It's a combination of white people moving out of certain areas and non-white families moving in. So actually, the problem is with segregation, not integration. That's not the fault of multiculturalism, it's the fault of a lack of proper community cohesion. Multiculturalism will only fail if people are unwilling to mix with other communities - which is something that both white and non-white parties are guilty of.
Reply 73
Who cares? It's inevitable that the entire world will become mixed race.

Posted from TSR Mobile
White.
And why is this a problem? Is all separation from the majority a problem? Children being separated from adults? The super wealthy being separated from the lower-middle wealth brackets? Students spending their time playing fantasy card RPGs being separated from nightclubbers? Vegans being separated from omnivores?

It's also worth noting that these schools are without "white British" students; it did not specify whether or not there are 'white' students there at all.
Original post by MangoFreak
Even if this were to lead to the gradual removal of the white population from the country, who cares? So long as there's no actual, actively occurring genocide, I don't see a problem. I'm not even sure race is a biologically defined term.

If you see being a minority as inherently different from being a majority, does that not make you a tiny bit racist? As far as I'm aware being a majority doesn't actually give you any privileges, and it shouldn't.

This is happening unilaterally in the UK, in the USA, and a few other White countries around the world. It is not happening in Asian nations, it is not happening in African nations. The only conclusion that can be drawn is that White people will eventually disappear.

Anyone celebrating this is de facto anti-white, ie racist.
I dont see why I cannot be classed as British when I was born in this country, I have a British passport and I have lived here all my life. My ancestors were not British so I cannot be classed as British
Reply 77
Original post by MangoFreak

Slow moving colonisation is still colonisation
Why do people here obsess over high concentrations of ethnic minorities within certain spatial and social institutions as being symptomatic of "segregation" and "ghettoisation" yet give virtually no attention to when the exact same thing happens with the upper-middle classes in the form of gated communities? The truth is, obsession with ethnic difference is largely a distraction from the much bigger issue: economic and class inequality.

Original post by Iron Lady
The Guardian is just as bad.

People quote the Daily Mail to provide the facts (they wouldn't publish falsified figures), then you can research your beloved "superior" newspapers if it upsets you so much.

They can quote statistics out of context to make them appear scarier. For example the number of schools alone is completely meaningless unless it is given as a proportion of total schools. Printing a big number to make people panic but neglecting to show that this number ends up not being not particularly significant when given in proportion to the figures in which it is contextualised is an extremely common trick used by tabloids (see also, coverage of benefits: JSA comprises 3% of the DWP's budget yet the tabloids will prefer to quote isolated numbers such as number of claims or money spent on claims, these numbers will be much, much larger and therefore ellicit a more emotive response).

Another trick is to quote assertions and figures from dodgy sources or experts. For example, a while back the Mail ran a tirade against abortion with a quote from a "doctor". What they neglected to mention is that said doctor was actually a doctor of theology, not a medical doctor.

But I'm going completely off topic here...
It sounds like you're very keen to justify and rationalize the conversion of a white country into a non-white country where white children will in time be living as a minority group.

You say that skin colours don't matter, but surely what you really are is anti-white?

No. I’m saying I couldn’t give a damn what the average shade of British skin is. It’s an utterly meaningless distinction and doesn’t reveal a thing about the individual or their values or culture, and I simply don’t care about it.

I think of skin colour in the same way as I think of height. I don’t care if the average height is 5’10 and becomes 5’11 in ten years time. I’m not going to pretend shadowy forces are trying to exterminate short people. And I don’t hate people who are shorter than 5’10. I’m not anti-5’10 or pro-5’11.

It just doesn’t matter.

Latest

Trending

Trending