Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

How does one get scouted in football club? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey,i was wondering how does one get scouted for a pro football club?

Does living near a football club help as in going to Sussex Uni , living in neighbourhood to Brighton Hove FC ? Does it even affect your chances in any way?

What about shifting to a big city like Liverpool or Manchester ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just play for a local youth side but the older you are the harder it generally is to like get into a top clubs academy plus you obviously have to be good. I guess living near a football club would help as it will be more likely to have scouts around but the disadvantage shifting to a big city would be that there's more competition. Here maybe this link helps somewhat
    http://www.football-trial.com/Open-Football-Trials.html

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by a local youth side?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Clubs have scouts around the country looking for talents, if you happen to catch their eye when you are playing then they will speak to you about taking you on. Good luck.:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speedy1994)
    What do you mean by a local youth side?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah just realised your the person that PM'd me, anyway surely there must be some local teams in your area that play in like youth leagues, how old are you by the way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Ah just realised your the person that PM'd me, anyway surely there must be some local teams in your area that play in like youth leagues, how old are you by the way?
    Dude, you just realized that i'm the person who PM'd you?!! HAHAHAHA ! !

Anyways, i was looking for some.examples,i mean, can you name a few local youth teams and the area they play in ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speedy1994)
    Dude, you just realized that i'm the person who PM'd you?!! HAHAHAHA ! !

Anyways, i was looking for some.examples,i mean, can you name a few local youth teams and the area they play in ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha yeah I only just realised lol anyway boom! http://www.findafootballteam.info/

ReputationRep:
    I was in the Centre of Excellence for a team currently in League One and basically got scouted playing Sunday League football as a kid. Almost every club will run ''Football in the Community'' type sessions and those are also a good opportunity. Generally clubs will find you when you're school aged and assess if you're good enough, take me for example I ended up being released at 16. Took it badly and now i'm hopelessly out of shape

It's definitely not too late though, if you look around there are loads of success stories. Jermaine Beckford worked for the RAC until Leeds picked him up, Steve Morison was working part time in a warehouse and Charlie Austin was a bricklayer. Best bet at your age is to trial for a local non league side, Blue Square North/South and the leagues below that. Pre season is coming up and many will be offering trials. A lot of lower league clubs will look to non league for potential new signings.

ReputationRep:
    @Randomized
    Man, i don't like you! How could you stop playing Football? Just because you got released you stopped having the love for the game? Are you serious?! I don't wanna listen to any reasons that could force you *Hopelessly Out Of Shape* !! Even then you could have played football regularly!

Watch Goal! Get Inspired!

Let me just tell you who I am!

I am the man who will become the first man from his country to play League 2/League 1 regularly ; very soon!

I am also the man who has set to become the first man from his country to play The Championship/Barclays Premier League! Soon!

That's all there is to it! !!

Am I an idiot? Hahahahhaahhahahahahhahahahaha

I still want to thank you for the effort you put in to help me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carceses)
    good luck!
    Thank You, for your caress remark, Carceses !

ReputationRep:
    I would really love to get scouted and i am 12 how can i get Scouted at this age

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.