Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well last Micro question
    So the possible policies governments could implement in the case of market failure are:
    -subsidies
    -maximum/minimum prices
    -tax
    -buffer stock schemes
    -information/education
    -pollution permits

Basically. Could someone please help me with the problems that could arise from each of these and any other policies I may have missed out thanks xxxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    -subsidies
    It's not certain that the grant given will be spent on what the government expects, resulting in government failure

-maximum/minimum prices
    There'll be an excess demand, which could result in illegal trading

-tax
    Political Unpopularity

-buffer stock schemes
    Needs to be accurately estimated or else there may be too much stock bought or released into the market - government failure

-information/education
    It might take time for effect to be seen

-pollution permits
    Pollution is a global issue, therefore all countries will need to corporate(yes, including China) or else it's just a waste of time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nay95)
    Well last Micro question
    So the possible policies governments could implement in the case of market failure are:
    -subsidies
    -maximum/minimum prices
    -tax
    -buffer stock schemes
    -information/education
    -pollution permits

Basically. Could someone please help me with the problems that could arise from each of these and any other policies I may have missed out thanks xxxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you in a relationship with your AQA Economics exam?

ReputationRep:
    Lol I wish I was, maybe then I'd have all the right answers.. Tomorrow I'm dumping economics and moving on to tudor history exams make me strange sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolStoryBroo)
    -subsidies
    It's not certain that the grant given will be spent on what the government expects, resulting in government failure

-maximum/minimum prices
    There'll be an excess demand, which could result in illegal trading

-tax
    Political Unpopularity

-buffer stock schemes
    Needs to be accurately estimated or else there may be too much stock bought or released into the market - government failure

-information/education
    It might take time for effect to be seen

-pollution permits
    Pollution is a global issue, therefore all countries will need to corporate(yes, including China) or else it's just a waste of time
    Thanks xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nay95)
    Lol I wish I was, maybe then I'd have all the right answers.. Tomorrow I'm dumping economics and moving on to tudor history exams make me strange sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha, yes. All exams would be easier then. Don't worry about it, just confused me some

ReputationRep:
    Haha we'll be fine, are you doing it as we'll ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nay95)
    Well last Micro question
    -subsidies
    -maximum/minimum prices
    -tax
    -buffer stock schemes
    -information/education
    -pollution permits

Posted from TSR Mobile
    One thing you're missing is regulation and legislation, such as imposing age restrictions on cigarettes and alcohol, or setting restricted prices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Segadfx)
    One thing you're missing is regulation and legislation, such as imposing age restrictions on cigarettes and alcohol, or setting restricted prices.
    and state provision

The negative for that would be competitive markets are more efficient that government provided ones due to financial incentives as a 'job well done' in a competitive firm

ReputationRep:
    I love this app, and the people on here goodluck in all your exams btw xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.