Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So reports say 12 Injured, three or four in critical condition and going to the hospital. 3 Suspects looked to be about 18 to 22 years old and there were three of them. Thoughts? As an American I think it's time for gun law changes!

ReputationRep:
    Source?

And a bit more to the story?

ReputationRep:
    Just happened details developing... I would google it. Right now huffington post has a story on it. It was the New Orleans Mother's Day parade.

ReputationRep:
    Another day another shooting. Welcome to America.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22506029

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Micccol)
    So reports say 12 Injured, three or four in critical condition and going to the hospital. 3 Suspects looked to be about 18 to 22 years old and there were three of them. Thoughts? As an American I think it's time for gun law changes!
    Banning guns will not stop gun crime.

Following the ban on hand guns in the uk saw a 40 per cent increase in the number of gun crime incidents in the UK aswell as a 50% increase in total murder rate in the the years following the ban.

9.3% of all homicides committed during 2010/11in England and Wales involved the use of a firearm, the highest proportion since 2001/02. And despite the handgun ban, in England and Wales handguns were the most commonly used firearm, with the weapon accounting for 44% of non-air weapon firearm offences recorded. Shotguns which are still legal for valid reasons only accounted for 9% of such offences. So banning actually makes the situation worse.

ReputationRep:
    When I first read about it I thought I'd forgotten Mother's Day.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Changing the law won't do anything. The culture is flawed regardless.
    This. It's engrained in their society and mentality, it won't change. Charlton Heston said "from my cold dead hands" and thousands cheered."

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.