Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I made it to interviews and got through the first rounds last last autumn but didn't get the job mainly due to what I think was a bad interview technique, and am now signed up on a graduate programme in a major non-consulting related company. I am wondering if it is realistically possible to apply to the entry level roles again this autumn which mainly seem focused on final year university students?

Any thoughts/input would be greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Why would you want to leave the current grad scheme? Is the experience/qualification not transferable? Any clawback clauses?

Posted from TSR for iPad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tokyoround)
    Why would you want to leave the current grad scheme? Is the experience/qualification not transferable? Any clawback clauses?

Posted from TSR for iPad
    If I got a place at MBB, yes it would be worth it; which is probably what most people would think. No clawback clauses at all except probably the "career hopping" impression that future readers of a CV might get if I leave a graduate scheme early.

I am mainly trying to find out whether applying for consultancies in the autumn after you finish uni through their normal graduate entry process is possible; anyone know/heard about someone that has successfully done this?

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who essentially took a post university gap year and then applied successfully. Whether or not the conditions are different if you appear to have already started a career, I can't say.

ReputationRep:
    I will be about one month onto the graduate scheme by then, it should hardly count

ReputationRep:
    Nothing to lose then, it seems. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I think you're eligible to apply for graduate roles up to 12-18 months out of university. You should definitely be okay applying this year (and saying you're taking a post-uni gap year or something). Not sure if MBB are different to other graduate employers though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indus)
    I think you're eligible to apply for graduate roles up to 12-18 months out of university. You should definitely be okay applying this year (and saying you're taking a post-uni gap year or something). Not sure if MBB are different to other graduate employers though.
    they dont like it if you actually started on another graduate scheme?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's possible to apply for grad schemes a year after uni, so starting two years after graduation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy Pevensie)
    they dont like it if you actually started on another graduate scheme?
    I don't think they would care. If they wanted you, then they would take you regardless. Applying while on another scheme also shows that you want to be a consultant and work for them, which is positive. You can also just make out as though you don't like this non-consulting graduate scheme you're on.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.