Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are the 5 things you would do if you won the Euro millions and had £100 million? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaptainChemistry)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Invest

Push for the UK to leave the UK

Buy a house

Buy an island

Buy an 1967 stock Victoria line train!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)
    Invest

Push for the UK to leave the UK

Buy a house

Buy an island

Buy an 1967 stock Victoria line train!
    Definitely agree with the island and the train is pretty cool!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaptainChemistry)
    Definitely agree with the island and the train is pretty cool!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I guess if I domicile there I would be able to avoid tax in the Uk lool!

ReputationRep:
    I'd spend it on giving every kid in the country a really, really good education . Plus there's the bonus of being able to brainwash them along the way (e.g. make sure they don't vote Tory or read the Telegraph when they grow up :P)

ReputationRep:
    Get really really really drunk
    Buy good orange juice
    Give pirate bay & pirate party loads of money

Not sure on the other 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike926)
    I'd spend it on giving every kid in the country a really, really good education . Plus there's the bonus of being able to brainwash them along the way (e.g. make sure they don't vote Tory or read the Telegraph when they grow up :P)
    You would have approximately £10 per child. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Buy myself a house.

Pay off debts of family.

Book a holiday for boyfriend and I to go to Canada and stay in a log cabin.

Buy a purple convertible Mini Cooper.

Pay insurance and road tax for the above Cooper.

--

After that I would probably book holidays for family, but you only asked for the first five, lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1. Buy an awesome house for myself.

2. Buy an awesome house for my parents.

3. Invest in buy-to-let property to get even richer.

4. Buy my own private island - I heard on the news there was a private island on sale recently for approx £2.5m somewhere near Scotland.

5. Buy my dream car: Aston Martin DB9. :drool:

ReputationRep:
    1. Buy a cheap car
    2. Get young person's insurance.

Unfortunately, being only 17, the insurance costs so much that there wouldn't be any money left. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike926)
    What would you suggest they read instead? The Sun? The Daily Mail?

ReputationRep:
    Probably give £1million to each of my friends and my close family members (so that's roughly £20 million gone) and then I would drift around the world for a while seeing places without having to care about jobs or holiday leave. Then I would buy myself a nice property somewhere that I want to start my life in. Definitely a big city, maybe Paris or New York.

ReputationRep:
    I'd buy a house and a car- two thigs I'd like but can't really afford.. Then I'd finish my degree go work my job like normal and never tell anyone I won except family. I would buy my parents their dream house. I'd buy my boyfriends family/ mum her dream house. I'd buy my best friend a house. I would buy an apartment in London and let it to my other two friends for free... I'd start my own IT consultancy company and hire all my friends on my degree who have mad skillz and pay them loads to work there... Hehe. So many things.

ReputationRep:
    1) Buy a house
    2) Get married
    3) Pay for my degree
    4) Travel around the world
    5) Start my own business (probably buying, selling, renting property and/or some kind of philanthropic enterprise)

ReputationRep:
    1)Buy a house for my mother
    2)Buy myself a purple porsche with my personalised number-plate.
    3) Give some of it to charity
    4) Travel the world with two of my closest friends and eat every exotic food my greedy hands can get. :danceboy:
    5) Ooh what else? Oh give the rest of the money to Cancer Research :cool:

*In reality I have no idea what I will do with such amount of money.

ReputationRep:
    1)Set aside enough money to pay for uni fees including and possible postgraduate degrees I might want to take.
    2)Set aside enough money to do the same for uni fees for my boyfriend.
    3) Give my sister enough money to return to university.
    4)Buy my mum a house and give her enough money to live on for the rest of her life.
    5)Give my brothers enough money for houses or flats, my sister as well if she wants to move out.
    6)Set aside enough money to fund my own future research.
    7) By a house for my boyfriend and I
    8)Help out any friends in need
    9) Set aside 1 million for any unforeseen expenses
    10)Give a large proportion of it to various charities and science research programmes, at least 20 maybe 30 million.

All in all 100 million is far to much money which is why I would donate a lot of it, I'd never need that much.

Dammit just realized you only asked for the first 5 things :P dang it you can have 10 anyway!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    10% on a property portfolio (average new builds - around £250k each in the south) - Plenty of money to be made

10% on equity investments (bonds, stocks) - Manage these myself as well, plenty of money to be made

10% on tropical flower and fruit business (growing melons, bananas ect.. in field size poly-tunnels), plenty of money to be made in floristry anyway but the middle classes love to eat organic British made crap anyway.

10% general house and car along with villa and sci shale, big purchases

10% General spending

10% family and friends

10% rainy day/retirement

Not sure what i would want to do with my other 30% however i would also add that i would study many more degrees and Masters and also make a run at politics.

In the highly unlikely event that i had or had access to £10bn i would open what i call the Eureka Institute based on 'A town called Eureka' but with a focus on space travel so one team designing and building a ship, one team designing and building engines, another team designing and building weapons (yes, will make some money here). My goal would be to get in on the space mining business with a view towards faster than light travel which is what one team would be doing.

To end this post i will post a picture of my future garden...

ReputationRep:
    1. Get a Range Rover in Luxor colour.
    2. Give £10m to charities that I care deeply about.
    3. Sort my family out/few mates to the tune of about £20m
    4. Design my own epic mansion that costs at least £20m
    5. Go CLOTHES shopping!

ReputationRep:
    1. Design a cruise liner to my taste and have myself first and then others use it as a source of income
    2 .Do the same idea with a restaurant to my taste in dubai near the burj-al arab
    3. Employ hundreds of people to get street nukkas off the street and find their talents by providing studios fpr music production, football pitches etc
    4. Give some charity
    5. Buy antartica

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cringe)
    1. Design a cruise liner to my taste and have myself first and then others use it as a source of income
    2 .Do the same idea with a restaurant to my taste in dubai near the burj-al arab
    3. Employ hundreds of people to get street nukkas off the street and find their talents by providing studios fpr music production, football pitches etc
    4. Give some charity
    5. Buy antartica

I think you might be thinking a little too big, even for £100 million

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.