Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If there are any UG students out there who are living in a studio please could you send me a PM. I would really like to know what you think of them as I am still undecided on my accommodation type for 2013 as a fresher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rick Grimes)
    If there are any UG students out there who are living in a studio please could you send me a PM. I would really like to know what you think of them as I am still undecided on my accommodation type for 2013 as a fresher.
    Just to let you know, it's unlikely that as an UG you'll get a studio. They're mostly for postgrads or people in their later years. The reason for this is that, living in a studio, you're not going to interact with many people aside from those on your course.

Most people make friends with their housemates first. If you prefer to keep yourself to yourself - don't worry. Perhaps apply for an en-suite? Your housemates aren't going to think badly of you if you prefer to spend time in your room.
    Sure, people make friends on their course, but it's more difficult as you don't get "icebreakers" as such. You'll be thrown into lectures in your first week and won't have time to get to know eachother unless you hang around and try to. (Depends on the size of your course though. If there's only a few students, you're more likely to talk to people sooner.)

Just thought I would write this to inform you that the university may not give you a self contained studio unless there is a specific reason why you should have one.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.