Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/watch/vide...n-championship

This man is as bitter as they come. He spends loads of money in january putting players on bumper contracts like remy and samba and he's able to complain about the lack of quality. QPR deserve to go down, the quicker they get bankrupt under harry's spending the better for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)

This man is as bitter as they come. He spends loads of money in january putting players on bumper contracts like remy and samba and he's able to complain about the lack of quality. QPR deserve to go down, the quicker they get bankrupt under harry's spending the better for me.
    to be fair remy has been pretty good..

And well, most of the batch of Old-Overpaid-Ex-Players, that QPR have.. came in before he was manager..

ReputationRep:
    Yes remy has been good(6 goals in half a season for a relegation team is nothing to be sniffed at) but the point is still the same. He was given a target to stay up, had a team that clearly is capable of better things considering the clubs at which they played for before, heck one of them managed to keep ribery quiet a few months ago and another was playing in a CL semi final. He's supposedly a great motivator yet he can't motivate those players. Hughes messed up but harry had more than enough time to stabilize the club this season to get them to a higher finished

ReputationRep:
    Yet if they get into financial trouble like Portsmouth did under hs reign, he'll just wipe his hands off it and say he didn't know and he "thought" it was all OK.

It has been tough for him to go in and do a relegation Houdini act with the motivation of players that were brought in by Hughes but he's spent some money aswell but tough for Remy/Samba to get comfortable with the position the team are in.

ReputationRep:

I'm sick and tired of people banging on about how Harry spends money, its never his fault. People really need to understand how the system works. Before the start of the January Transfer window Tony Fernandes asked Harry find players to keep them up, Harry found players who he thought was good enough to keep QPR up and players who were available in January. The chairman provided funds for harry to buy these players, its up to the chairman to provide money and its up to the manager to spend the funds allocated to him its not his job to set transfer budgets nor manage the financials aspect of the club, that's not his concern. And that's what happened at Harry's other clubs. I would have thought you've played more than enough FM13 to realise you can only spend what the Chairman allocates to you.

I don't know why there so much hate for QPR, they're a decent club with respectable fans. Even though Tony is the main culprit of their relegation(not any manager of QPR) he's a good owner, he's committed to the project at QPR, he shows alot of respect for the club and to the fans. Something I Can't say for his fellow owner at Chelsea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I'm sick and tired of people banging on about how Harry spends money, its never his fault. People really need to understand how the system works. Before the start of the January Transfer window Tony Fernandes asked Harry find players to keep them up, Harry found players who he thought was good enough to keep QPR up and players who were available in January. The chairman provided funds for harry to buy these players, its up to the chairman to provide money and its up to the manager to spend the funds allocated to him its not his job to set transfer budgets nor manage the financials aspect of the club, that's not his concern. I would have thought you've played more than enough FM13 to realise you can only spend what the Chairman allocates to you.

I don't know why there so much hate for QPR, they're a decent club with respectable fans. Even though Tony is the main culprit of their relegation(not any manager of QPR) he's a good owner, he's committed to the project at QPR, he shows alot of respect for the club and to the fans. Something I Can't say for his fellow owner at Chelsea
    It clearly doesn't work given how QPR have failed, or in Harry's case it works in the short term. After he left Bournemouth and West Ham had financial issues, he helped wrecked Portsmouth and the same will probably be for QPR when he jumps ship.

Mind you, at least he tries to spend money-unlike Uncle Arsene.

ReputationRep:
    They do have a lack of quality though Samba hasn't panned out at all and their defence is a real shambles, he has been relying on Clint Hill since he came in to play CB. At the start he played really defensive to try and cover for them and they ground out some tight wins vs Chelsea, WBA, Southampton in low scoring games but when Remy and Zamora were both fit he put them 2 together and opened it up a bit and they just got done ever since, first by Villa who ravaged them on the counter then Fulham when Samba played like he was half cut then Zamora started practicing his muay thai on Jordi Gomez head and that run of 3 games ****ed them and they have quit on him since then, you could blame him for too many individual errors but still I think he has had the right idea the players just haven't applied themselves properly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I'm sick and tired of people banging on about how Harry spends money, its never his fault. People really need to understand how the system works. Before the start of the January Transfer window Tony Fernandes asked Harry find players to keep them up, Harry found players who he thought was good enough to keep QPR up and players who were available in January. The chairman provided funds for harry to buy these players, its up to the chairman to provide money and its up to the manager to spend the funds allocated to him its not his job to set transfer budgets nor manage the financials aspect of the club, that's not his concern. And that's what happened at Harry's other clubs. I would have thought you've played more than enough FM13 to realise you can only spend what the Chairman allocates to you.

LOL. You made my day. It's never his fault.
    Also, you have a budget, but you also have a right to not spend the whole budget amirite? But hey lets just ignore that little fact because it suits your point? :yy:
    Right about now they're chilling in the championship with possibly the highest wage bill at the club in history, it just so happens that redknapp goes to 3 clubs, they get relegated and all end up with financial troubles. Defo the chairmans fault. :laugh:
    Or how he has the audacity to complain about overpaid players yet defends giving samba 100k. :lol: the mans hilarious seriously he needs to manage another prem team..

Hmm, chelsea is not involved in this. Well abramovich has respect for the club and the fans, hence why we've been trying to build a new stadium and become sustainable. But hey lets just take a little dig at jam277's club when the post has nothing to do with my club. #foreverbitter

Oh and read what he said about the QPR players. Basically called all of them crap. Bitter man. Also has the audacity to tell AVB that the squad can win the league yet he's going to get a record points total for tottenham this season and not even make top 4 while harry bottled his lead vs united and bottled a CL spot last year in the most comical of fashions. Should have taken the Ukraine job :lol:

ReputationRep:
    QPR make me laugh. I've never seen something like this in football. Not even portsmouth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    They do have a lack of quality though Samba hasn't panned out at all and their defence is a real shambles, he has been relying on Clint Hill since he came in to play CB. At the start he played really defensive to try and cover for them and they ground out some tight wins vs Chelsea, WBA, Southampton in low scoring games but when Remy and Zamora were both fit he put them 2 together and opened it up a bit and they just got done ever since, first by Villa who ravaged them on the counter then Fulham when Samba played like he was half cut then Zamora started practicing his muay thai on Jordi Gomez head and that run of 3 games ****ed them and they have quit on him since then, you could blame him for too many individual errors but still I think he has had the right idea the players just haven't applied themselves properly
    Zamora, hoillett, taarabt, granero, bosingwa, fabio, cesar. All of these players have one of the two(premier league experience or champions league experience) 3 out of the 7 players have started in a CL final in the past 3 years, another one of them have played in a europa league final, another one was a backup for the best team in europe last season(real madrid) while the other two have had clear premier league experience. Lets add remy into this, a man with CL and EL experience. Yes he has been good but the point is that the team has more than enough quality than it's showing. Should we also add in Mbia, who has similar experience to loic remy. They bought players the wrong way at weird stages of their careers but they still have more than enough quality to not be in a relegation battle and there is no way you can possibly hide this fact.

He may have had the right idea. But if your defence is shipping goals like *****es you go back to the old hyperdefensive system.

They've plenty quality, ok some are a little past it but off the top if my head Julio Cesar, Samba, Fabio, Granero, JS Park, SWP, Loic Remy. That's a team that could definitely achieve midtable. Hearing they're being linked with Gary Hooper for £6 million, that'd be a fantastic buy if they get him especially at that price.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Zamora, hoillett, taarabt, granero, bosingwa, fabio, cesar. All of these players have one of the two(premier league experience or champions league experience) 3 out of the 7 players have started in a CL final in the past 3 years, another one of them have played in a europa league final, another one was a backup for the best team in europe last season(real madrid) while the other two have had clear premier league experience. Lets add remy into this, a man with CL and EL experience. Yes he has been good but the point is that the team has more than enough quality than it's showing. Should we also add in Mbia, who has similar experience to loic remy. They bought players the wrong way at weird stages of their careers but they still have more than enough quality to not be in a relegation battle and there is no way you can possibly hide this fact.

He may have had the right idea. But if your defence is shipping goals like *****es you go back to the old hyperdefensive system.
    They are good on paper yeah but how many of those have been useless to QPR this campaign ? Throw in Park Ji Sung if you want he was meant to be marquee and has bombed. I would normally criticse a manager for not motivating the players and that but at QPR it is harder to do that as you say they buy players at strange times and throw money at them Bosingwa has never been great and has been coasting all year, Hoillett and Taarabt come and go like the wind I had high hopes for Hoillett and he has failed miserably to live up to them, Cesar has been in and out of the team with injuries, Fabio has very little about him to me and I dunno what happened to Granero.

I think if Nelsen didn't go and they got the player they thought they were getting in Samba then they would have had a much better shot at staying up but thats how it goes, the Villa game when they lost 3-2 put them right in it so he couldn't really go back to the defensive method or maybe he thought someone at the back might wake the **** up I dunno but I would say at least he had something of a plan and tried to mix it up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AhzhaK)
    They've plenty quality, ok some are a little past it but off the top if my head Julio Cesar, Samba, Fabio, Granero, JS Park, SWP, Loic Remy. That's a team that could definitely achieve midtable. Hearing they're being linked with Gary Hooper for £6 million, that'd be a fantastic buy if they get him especially at that price.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol forgot SWP plays for them. How many players play for QPR? He's a man who disappeared off the face of the earth after man city. How many players do they have? What happened to djibril cisse as well? Remember his stat where he either scored or got a red card for QPR. :laugh:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    They are good on paper yeah but how many of those have been useless to QPR this campaign ? Throw in Park Ji Sung if you want he was meant to be marquee and has bombed. I would normally criticse a manager for not motivating the players and that but at QPR it is harder to do that as you say they buy players at strange times and throw money at them Bosingwa has never been great and has been coasting all year, Hoillett and Taarabt come and go like the wind I had high hopes for Hoillett and he has failed miserably to live up to them, Cesar has been in and out of the team with injuries, Fabio has very little about him to me and I dunno what happened to Granero.

I think if Nelsen didn't go and they got the player they thought they were getting in Samba then they would have had a much better shot at staying up but thats how it goes, the Villa game when they lost 3-2 put them right in it so he couldn't really go back to the defensive method or maybe he thought someone at the back might wake the **** up I dunno but I would say at least he had something of a plan and tried to mix it up
    Tbf yeah you are right. PJS I don't think I've seen a more useless signing, a 31 year old with no technical ability whatsoever being made as captain. Bosingwa has had his good moments at chelsea, heck the guy played at centre back against barca and tottenham and bossed it both times so it's not like he's a terrible player like people make him out to be.

I still think he did make a mess of it. Not as bad as hughes. He's worse than redknapp anyway he bought 12 players in the summer window :lol: personally I've never seen a funnier situation in football.

ReputationRep:
    'arry is a terrible manager, remember when he was getting linked with the England job? Hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief Oil Trifle)
    'arry is a terrible manager, remember when he was getting linked with the England job? Hilarious.
    Saying Harry Redknapp is a terrible manager, shows exactly what you know about football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AhzhaK)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't Norwich want Hooper? They had 4 bids rejected in January, surely they'll be trying again? I'd guess he'd rather be in the premier league than the championship, although if the ridiculous spending continues I suppose money might sway his decision, plus if he goes to QPR he can keep his 100% win record against Manchester United for a bit longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirHas)
    Saying Harry Redknapp is a terrible manager, shows exactly what you know about football.
    He is a terrible manager I'm afraid, sort of Owen Coyle level.

ReputationRep:
    QPR is a mess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chief Oil Trifle)
    He is a terrible manager I'm afraid, sort of Owen Coyle level.
    You can put them on the same level at all, Owen has only managed burley and Bolton.. You can't knock Harry record, what he has done for Tottenham and also now for QPR.

(Original post by justanotherposter)
    Don't Norwich want Hooper? They had 4 bids rejected in January, surely they'll be trying again? I'd guess he'd rather be in the premier league than the championship, although if the ridiculous spending continues I suppose money might sway his decision, plus if he goes to QPR he can keep his 100% win record against Manchester United for a bit longer.
    Yeah they do want him, though I think he'd be a fool to go there. Wait for an Everton/Spurs, maybe a Fulham. Don't see Norwich going places tbh. I'd rather be at QPR probably, but that might just be a wierd London bias. Is the Man U comment a joke?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 19, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.