The Student Room Group

French FN4 WJEC-Friday 14th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by BaconEmperor
Almost everyone in my class is retaking F324 because they got really bad grades, put it this way it's impossible for you to actually fail French :wink:

I'm not too worried for F325 because I only need around a B to get an A overall, I just really want an A in French because I only got a B at GCSE and AS, each only 2/3 marks away from an A! :frown:
Just think about the 3 months of summer that are waiting once exams are all over :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Well I wouldn't say fail,god forbid,but I just don't wanna get lower than a B or an A even! That'd just be embarrassing!

You clever child!
What course you gonna be doing at uni?
I got an A* for GCSE French lol,and 197/200 UMS last year :wink:

Yh 2 months of agony,waiting for results,you forgot that part!
Have you planned anything for this summer?
Reply 41
Original post by JennaEmBee
Ah that's nice! We got our teacher flowers and a keep calm and teach on mug because she has about three cups of tea per class. Weird, there's 8 in my class too! We're going to TGIs for a meal and some drinks the Thursday after the exam. Unfortunately I'm the only driver so no drinkies and lots of picking up to do for me haha.

Not doing any French work at all until Friday, got Eng lang tomorrow and lit Thursday. :frown:

Lol,sucha coincidence!
What's TGIs? :s-smilie:
Koool,are you from London?

Hold up,so your exam was today right? How was it?
Well best of luck for your upcoming exams :smile:
Original post by Varsh05
Lol,sucha coincidence!
What's TGIs? :s-smilie:
Koool,are you from London?

Hold up,so your exam was today right? How was it?
Well best of luck for your upcoming exams :smile:

Thank God It's Friday, popular restaurant in town, thought they were a chain oops. No I wish! I'm a welshie from Swansea. Hmmm. It was....ok. First essay was ok, the second I was literally grabbing at straws trying to find any little thing to say. Hopefully last years marks and coursework will help me get an A overall. I can't stand waiting :frown:
Best of luck to you to :smile: do you have many left? This one was my first.
Original post by Varsh05
Well I wouldn't say fail,god forbid,but I just don't wanna get lower than a B or an A even! That'd just be embarrassing!

You clever child!
What course you gonna be doing at uni?
I got an A* for GCSE French lol,and 197/200 UMS last year :wink:

Yh 2 months of agony,waiting for results,you forgot that part!
Have you planned anything for this summer?

Haha thanks I do try :wink:
Economics and Russian at Exeter (Polyglot wannabe right here) You?
197? :eek: That's fantastic! I got 108/120 in the paper but only 48/80 on the oral but I retook the oral this year and the visiting examiner said she had no idea how I got a C last time so fingers crossed :biggrin:

You'll forget about it after exams are done and won't worry about it until a couple day before results anyway.
Nothing solid just spending it with friends and you?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 44
Haha thanks I do try :wink:
Economics and Russian at Exeter (Polyglot wannabe right here) You?
197? :eek: That's fantastic! I got 108/120 in the paper but only 48/80 on the oral but I retook the oral this year and the visiting examiner said she had no idea how I got a C last time so fingers crossed :biggrin:

You'll forget about it after exams are done and won't worry about it until a couple day before results anyway.
Nothing solid just spending it with friends and you?

You kidding,right???
I think you should be doing something related to chemistry :wink:
You just come across as someone who understands chemistry very well,unlike me :frown:
Yh even I was shocked when I saw my UMS! I wasn't expecting 197 lol!
My oral went okay,I did ask the examiner how I did,she said "well i dunno,I have loads to mark,but you just need to think about whether you kept talking to me. I think you did" She was really nice,she made us feel very comfortable.

Ermm yh I may forget about it for like a week or so,but knowing me,it's still gonna be at the back of my head until after that one week when it'll pop up!
I dunno yet,might start driving lessons..I'll see how it goes :biggrin:
Reply 45
Thank God It's Friday, popular restaurant in town, thought they were a chain oops. No I wish! I'm a welshie from Swansea. Hmmm. It was....ok. First essay was ok, the second I was literally grabbing at straws trying to find any little thing to say. Hopefully last years marks and coursework will help me get an A overall. I can't stand waiting :frown:
Best of luck to you to :smile: do you have many left? This one was my first.

Nope,never heard of it lol!
I'm from London :smile:
I'm sure you'll get an A :wink:
]Yh I had an exam today,it was my 2nd.
Got 4 more left >.<
Wbu?
Original post by Varsh05
You kidding,right???
I think you should be doing something related to chemistry :wink:
You just come across as someone who understands chemistry very well,unlike me :frown:
Yh even I was shocked when I saw my UMS! I wasn't expecting 197 lol!
My oral went okay,I did ask the examiner how I did,she said "well i dunno,I have loads to mark,but you just need to think about whether you kept talking to me. I think you did" She was really nice,she made us feel very comfortable.

Ermm yh I may forget about it for like a week or so,but knowing me,it's still gonna be at the back of my head until after that one week when it'll pop up!
I dunno yet,might start driving lessons..I'll see how it goes :biggrin:

Nah I almost applied for Chemistry at uni but realised I'd absolutely hate studying it for 3+ years, especially the practicals :s-smilie:
My best subject is Maths, it just comes so naturally to me :smile:
My examiner was so sweet, she spoke really slowly and clearly and told me how to get the best marks just before we started by always speaking and by asking her a question during the exam too.

You still haven't told me what your studying at uni :tongue:
Reply 47
Nah I almost applied for Chemistry at uni but realised I'd absolutely hate studying it for 3+ years, especially the practicals :s-smilie:
My best subject is Maths, it just comes so naturally to me :smile:
My examiner was so sweet, she spoke really slowly and clearly and told me how to get the best marks just before we started by always speaking and by asking her a question during the exam too.

You still haven't told me what your studying at uni :tongue:

Yh,chemistry practicals can be a pain!
Maths come naturally to you? Where you from lol? :tongue:
What did she look like? You are from London,right?
Maybe we had the same examiner. :wink:

I applied for Biomedical Science :h:
Original post by Varsh05
Yh,chemistry practicals can be a pain!
Maths come naturally to you? Where you from lol? :tongue:
What did she look like? You are from London,right?
Maybe we had the same examiner. :wink:

I applied for Biomedical Science :h:

I'm from Plymouth (in the south-west of England)
Maths is the greatest subject ever! It follows a completely logical pattern, which really helps when learning and applying grammar :smile:
This should also confirm that I am not from London, I assume then that you live in London?
Haha that would be cool but very unlikely as mine said she was only doing schools in the south west because she lives down here :tongue:

Wow you're a clear scientist then, I had always assumed I'd do Chemistry/Biochemistry at uni but when it came down to it I realised I wanted to do something totally different hence the combination of Economics and Russian :biggrin:
Reply 49
I'm from Plymouth (in the south-west of England)
Maths is the greatest subject ever! It follows a completely logical pattern, which really helps when learning and applying grammar :smile:
This should also confirm that I am not from London, I assume then that you live in London?
Haha that would be cool but very unlikely as mine said she was only doing schools in the south west because she lives down here :tongue:

Wow you're a clear scientist then, I had always assumed I'd do Chemistry/Biochemistry at uni but when it came down to it I realised I wanted to do something totally different hence the combination of Economics and Russian :biggrin:

Plymouth was one of my Uni choices! :biggrin:
But I declined it,I'm gonna stay in London(Yes that's where I live) :smile:

My teacher did mention that the exam board does choose examiners who live and can travel to and from the local schools without any hassle!

Yh I know what you mean,it's very hard to know what you actually wanna do unless you experience it.
Where did you apply? :smile:
Original post by Varsh05
Plymouth was one of my Uni choices! :biggrin:
But I declined it,I'm gonna stay in London(Yes that's where I live) :smile:

My teacher did mention that the exam board does choose examiners who live and can travel to and from the local schools without any hassle!

Yh I know what you mean,it's very hard to know what you actually wanna do unless you experience it.
Where did you apply? :smile:

Haha that's awesome!
I understand, a great benefit of going Exeter for me is that it's only an hour away by train so I can come back whenever I want :biggrin:
I applied to Exeter, Sheffield, Leeds, Nottingham and UCL.
The main reason I chose Exeter was that the course is called Flexible Combined Honours and I basically get to choose 2/3 subjects to take and I can freely vary the percentages of each that I study :smile:

Why did you choose London and where else did you apply to?
Reply 51
Haha that's awesome!
I understand, a great benefit of going Exeter for me is that it's only an hour away by train so I can come back whenever I want :biggrin:
I applied to Exeter, Sheffield, Leeds, Nottingham and UCL.
The main reason I chose Exeter was that the course is called Flexible Combined Honours and I basically get to choose 2/3 subjects to take and I can freely vary the percentages of each that I study :smile:

Why did you choose London and where else did you apply to?

UCL is in London :wink:
What was your firm and insurance?
I chose Newcastle (I have family up there that's why), Plymouth (only 2 hours away from London right?),Kingston and Westminster.
I chose London because I didn't really wanna move out,and I compared my predictions and entry requirements and thought maybe London is for me :smile:
Original post by Varsh05
UCL is in London :wink:
What was your firm and insurance?
I chose Newcastle (I have family up there that's why), Plymouth (only 2 hours away from London right?),Kingston and Westminster.
I chose London because I didn't really wanna move out,and I compared my predictions and entry requirements and thought maybe London is for me :smile:

So that's what the L stands for... :wink:
I firmed Exeter and made UCL my insurance.
Actually the entry requirements are lower for my firm than my acceptance but I only want to go Exeter and I'm feel I can achieve the grades I need.
Where did you firm and insurance?

Also how did your Chemistry retake go? My friends who retook it all thought it was quite a nice paper :biggrin:
Reply 53
So that's what the L stands for... :wink:
I firmed Exeter and made UCL my insurance.
Actually the entry requirements are lower for my firm than my acceptance but I only want to go Exeter and I'm feel I can achieve the grades I need.
Where did you firm and insurance?

Also how did your Chemistry retake go? My friends who retook it all thought it was quite a nice paper :biggrin:

Lol! It's cute that you didn't know the L stands for London :tongue:
You seem like you're naturally smart :O (that's a good thing btw)
I firmed St George's and insured Westminster. :smile:

The Chemistry paper was okay-ish,but I don't wanna sound too overconfident or anything.
I don't want the grade boundaries to be ridiculously high! How did your friends find it? In terms of grade boundaries? Should be be high,low? :s-smilie:
*fingers crossed*
Reply 54
Anyone doing Amelie as an essay? Do u hve any clues wat myt cme up as an essay?
Reply 55
is any1 doin amelie as an essay? do u know wats likely to cme up?
Okay so frenchies, what's your french revision plan for the week? are you doing set things on set days? or are you just going to do whatever you feel you need to do as you feel you need to do it?
Reply 57
Yes :smile: focusing on my La Haine essays for two weeks as the essay is so heavily marked. Nervous about the comprehensions as they can be so specific :frown: and even though I enjoy the translation, I seem to lose quite a few marks there. Something daft I used to lose marks for is answering the comprehension questions in a different tense to what is used in the question, but then our lecturer told us to underline the verb in the question to make sure we answer in that tense.

Hey I am doing La Haine too! I am struggling with the multicultural question, any suggestions??
Original post by Varsh05
Lol! It's cute that you didn't know the L stands for London :tongue:
You seem like you're naturally smart :O (that's a good thing btw)
I firmed St George's and insured Westminster. :smile:

The Chemistry paper was okay-ish,but I don't wanna sound too overconfident or anything.
I don't want the grade boundaries to be ridiculously high! How did your friends find it? In terms of grade boundaries? Should be be high,low? :s-smilie:
*fingers crossed*

Haha thanks but I wouldn't say I'm naturally intelligent, I've just always been really good and gauging how an exam has gone, especially with the Sciences when you either know it or you don't.
You're definitely be staying in London then :tongue:

They thought that it was easy but I think that was because they retook it because the AS class said it went horribly so I imagine the grade boundaries will just be average.
Good luck for your Biology exam tomorrow! (To answer your question yes I am psychic, or maybe I just have loads of friends who do Biology :wink:)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 59
Haha thanks but I wouldn't say I'm naturally intelligent, I've just always been really good and gauging how an exam has gone, especially with the Sciences when you either know it or you don't.
You're definitely be staying in London then :tongue:

They thought that it was easy but I think that was because they retook it because the AS class said it went horribly so I imagine the grade boundaries will just be average.
Good luck for your Biology exam tomorrow! (To answer your question yes I am psychic, or maybe I just have loads of friends who do Biology :wink:)

Yh true,,oh gosh chemistry on Wednesday.. :frown:
It does work that way you know;smart+hard work=amazing grades!
Yep definitely,now my parents don't think I'm ready to move out -.-

Really?
I don't know how the AS from my school found it :s-smilie:
Only heard a guy say he was happy with the questions..
Thankss :h:
Maybe you are psychic!
Otherwise how would you know what exam board I'm doing :wink:
But then again,AQA is tomorrow as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending