The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1560
Original post by theCreator
Does everyone want to start compiling an unofficial mark scheme?

For all those who have provided an unofficial mark scheme- i really appreciate it.. but is it possible to allocate how many marks those questions are? thanks alot
Where is they mark scheme ? I can't find it :frown:
Original post by joshturnbull123
PH3 doesn't have Vand Der Waals forces it has permanant dipole-dipole interactions as a result of P and H having different electronegativities!

I agree and that's what I put in the exam. Different electronegativities and the molecule is asymmetrical. No way is it VDW. A lot of people seem to have put VDW forces in the exam though.
Original post by krishkmistry
you may as well say 100% is an a ,this site's bad for after exam chat,if anything this site seems to be biased.

whoever you are,your the wise-est person i know,finally someone who gets me!
Original post by krishkmistry
you may as well say 100% is an A ,this site's bad for after exam chat,if anything this site seems to be biased.

It won't be biased, its just that this site contains some of the incredibly able students hence why they believe the grade boundaries will be so high as they found it rather easy.
Original post by MathsNerd1
It won't be biased, its just that this site contains some of the incredibly able students hence why they believe the grade boundaries will be so high as they found it rather easy.
<br />
<br />

That's why can't listen to what they say all the time. Everyone here might of found the paper easy but there could be many people out there who struggled
Original post by yodawg321
<br />
<br />

That's why can't listen to what they say all the time. Everyone here might of found the paper easy but there could be many people out there who struggled

i know student rooms are mostly filled with either stuck up ***** or the group in each school that are extremely clever,the average person after an exam dont go on student rooms nor even know about it :L
<br />
<br />

Well I know about 30 people at my school that haven't got above a C, so that'll help all of us out :tongue:
Well I know about 30 people at my school that haven't got above a C, so that'll help all of us out :tongue:

Do you know the page number for the question paper?
Do you know the page number for the question paper?

68?
<br />
<br />

Exactly, thats why I dont like coming on TSR after ive had an exam. Not like im dumb or anything but i dont want to make myself feel bad by seeing what other people got for their answers and then making myself go crazy by thinking did i write this did i write that

Posted from TSR Mobile
68?

Cheers
Original post by moonziggy
Exactly, thats why I dont like coming on TSR after ive had an exam. Not like im dumb or anything but i dont want to make myself feel bad by seeing what other people got for their answers and then making myself go crazy by thinking did i write this did i write that

Posted from TSR Mobile

It happens loads, for example the Intermolecular forces question, people went crazy because they put VDW forces instead of perm dipole to dipole
Initially, I'll admit I thought the exam was piss, walked out thinking I only dropped one mark. Then slowly after talking and chatting with friends...another mark gone...then another, then after reading some answers on here...a few more marks gone. Until after much thought I realised I went from thinking I dropped 1 mark to about 6 marks relatively quickly. Therefore although I did say at first the grade boundaries would be 51/50, I retract that comment and I'd have to admit that the paper had a few poorly worded and crafty questions. Hopefully the examiner will realise this too and I would guess now the boundary for an A is maybe 49, possibly even 48.
Initially, I'll admit I thought the exam was piss, walked out thinking I only dropped one mark. Then slowly after talking and chatting with friends...another mark gone...then another, then after reading some answers on here...a few more marks gone. Until after much thought I realised I went from thinking I dropped 1 mark to about 6 marks relatively quickly. Therefore although I did say at first the grade boundaries would be 51/50, I retract that comment and I'd have to admit that the paper had a few poorly worded and crafty questions. Hopefully the examiner will realise this too and I would guess now the boundary for an A is maybe 49, possibly even 48.

Please 48 for an A :frown:
Original post by otrivine
Why PH3 has lower b.p than NH3 is it because in PH3 there are weaker intermolecular forces (van der waals forces) so less energy needed to break bonds

Bond angles I got 107 for first one and 109.5

Hi, what I did was for the question before it (the table of main intermolecular forces) i wrote hydrogen bond (Which was correct) and vanderwaals forces (this should be permanent dipole) so on the question after I wrote that the hydrogen bonds are stronger than the vanderwalls forces and the intermolecular forces in NH3 are stronger so need more energy to break etc....
Would I get the ECF mark cuz I referred to vanderwaals as it was in my previous answer?
The only reason I would get a copy is to post on here. Did you know on tuesday I was the one that stole the biology paper just to post it on the forum ahahahah

How did you steal a paper?!
Reply 1577
Original post by RachHill
Did you have to write aqueous concentrated ammonia or could you just have written concentrated ammonia?

I think "Concentrated Ammonia" is fine. I looked at some old mark schemes, you don't need the "aqueous" part. :smile:
Reply 1578
Original post by diana_t
It is not P4H10 it is P4O10

4PH3+8O2= P4010 +6H20

Thank you!!! Haha
Hey guys will I lose all my marks reactivity if one of my points were wrong??? I said atomic radius decrease instead of increase.

Latest

Trending

Trending