The Student Room Group

Please help! Need explanation to fill up visa form

I'm now filling up the Points Based System Form (VAF9) for Tier 4 Student (General) visa and these are the questions I find confusing/not sure how to answer

1. How many points did you score for Attributes, English and Maintenance?
I don't know where to get this from.

2. Are you required to obtain permission from the Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS)? I'm not exactly sure what that is or if I should tick yes or no.

Is there a standard amount of numbers for the CAS number? Because my CAS is only 9 numbers, but the form is 12 numbers, is this correct or is there an error?

Please help me I'm so confused! Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by iasked
I'm now filling up the Points Based System Form (VAF9) for Tier 4 Student (General) visa and these are the questions I find confusing/not sure how to answer

1. How many points did you score for Attributes, English and Maintenance?
I don't know where to get this from.

2. Are you required to obtain permission from the Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS)? I'm not exactly sure what that is or if I should tick yes or no.

Is there a standard amount of numbers for the CAS number? Because my CAS is only 9 numbers, but the form is 12 numbers, is this correct or is there an error?

Please help me I'm so confused! Thanks

For number 1 you need to actually take these tests as you have to have a basic level if maths and english is order to stay in the country and for number 3 yes the number is fine
Reply 2
Original post by Science97
For number 1 you need to actually take these tests as you have to have a basic level if maths and english is order to stay in the country and for number 3 yes the number is fine

Sorry I didn't mean CAS number I meant Tier 4 Sponsor Licence Number. There are 12 boxed to fill but the number they gave me is only 9 numerals?

What test is that??! I didn't know I was required to take a test or is it based on former transcripts? I've not taken math since high school.

I'm filling up Points Based System Form (VAF9) and also Points Based System Appendix 8. Are those all the forms I need to fill or is there more?
Reply 3
And how long does it take to have your visa processed? Like what's the longest period possible?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending