Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ever since I started a new college course in September there has been this one girl who has always chose to make snide comments about me and put me down. She's still doing it to this day.

I don't understand why...

All her friends like me. One of her friends that is the most outgoing and honest said that she likes me as I keep to myself.

I've done nothing to this girl so why is she choosing to target me?

Also. She is 20 with a child. I would of thought that she would of grown up by now?

I'm 21 but I always seem to attract the older people to pick on me? At my old college this woman was 31 and she randomly started to be horrible to me. :/

I don't even look my age. Everyone tells me I look 14.

~~~~~

It's making me not want to go into college any more. My attendance used to be pretty much perfect. I'm way behind on assignments. & I wont tell the staff because I just know they will side with her as they all like her and think she's nice.

ReputationRep:
    I think the best thing to do in that situation is to ask the her directly what the problem is

ReputationRep:
    Tell the staff what is going on. They are obliged to investigate no matter how "nice" she seems. It's unfair for her remarks and attitude to mess up your studies. As you said, she should know better by now.

ReputationRep:
    Jealousy is most often the cause of bullying. In your position I'd get her alone and ask get what you've done to make her be like that with you. Explain that you don't want there to be any problems between you but if there's a problem, she should tell you what it is rather than make snide comments.
    If that doesn't solve it, go to the staff. If (and it's unlikely) they side with her, take it higher. Your future is suffering because of this girl and your college have an obligation to investigate any bullying.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, mate you need to talk to her in person and alone and discuss with her what her problem is with you, and all you have to do is with a smile and a polite attitude let her feel sorry from inside about what she is doing, if you'll be rude to her while talking this might worsen your situation, let her know that you don't have any problem with her and you are none of her business, then why is she trying to bullying you with all those snide comments. Tell her its affecting your studies and if you are being polite it doesn't mean that you are gonna take it lightly.
    If this solves your problem with the girl and you may become friends that will be good, but if not, then report the matter to the staff and tell them to investigate in the matter without partiality or bias.
    Let me ask you was she a bright student before you entered the college and took her over, if this is the matter, then it is just jealousy on her part because you have taken her over with your marks and grades, and that is frustrating her and she is making efforts to put you down by your morale so that she might over take you once again in the quest of earning top grades in the class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ever since I started a new college course in September there has been this one girl who has always chose to make snide comments about me and put me down. She's still doing it to this day.

I don't understand why...

All her friends like me. One of her friends that is the most outgoing and honest said that she likes me as I keep to myself.

I've done nothing to this girl so why is she choosing to target me?

Also. She is 20 with a child. I would of thought that she would of grown up by now?

I'm 21 but I always seem to attract the older people to pick on me? At my old college this woman was 31 and she randomly started to be horrible to me. :/

I don't even look my age. Everyone tells me I look 14.

~~~~~

It's making me not want to go into college any more. My attendance used to be pretty much perfect. I'm way behind on assignments. & I wont tell the staff because I just know they will side with her as they all like her and think she's nice.

she so obviously seems of jealous of u as she thinks ur going to take away her friends from her as they like you. I actually think u should ask her what her problem is and make her realise that you can actually stand up for urself

ReputationRep:
    Slap the b.... I mean talk to her in private

ReputationRep:
    Talk to her. If that doesn't work talk to a teacher. If that doesn't work, go to someone higher. Heck, go to the principle if you have to. She has no right disrupting your learning.

ReputationRep:
    I have had it ALL when it comes to girls being *****y, and it took me 6 years to realise that it was just jealousy.
    ALL throughout school I was totally shot down, called fat but too thin at the same time, my hands and feet weren't pretty enough, my forehead was too big, my eyes were too small, etc etc.
    At the end of the day, I'm 5'7, slim, and I knew they were just ridiculously jealous.
    Maybe your 20 yr old classmate is jealous. She is already tied down with a child at such a young age, and you still look youthful?
    Who knows. All I can say is don't let it keep you up at night.

ReputationRep:
    by putting you down she thinks she putting herself up - it is completly the oppostite, she is alos doing this cos she has a kid and isn't a nice person it know
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    For sure find out what her problem is, does sound like she is very jealous of you, don't let her win because she clearly wants to force you out of college.

ReputationRep:
    She's already messed her own life up 'cause of the babby, don't let her screw yours up too!
    Put her straight, she's old enough to know better by now and if she doesn't you'll have to put her in her place.
    On a serious note, let her know that you don't appreciate the snide comments about you, behind your back.

And tell her that if it carries on that you'll take it higher (like the dean of the college) because she's disrupting your education and putting your mental well-being under risk. As it's stressing you out and making you feel like you can't continue your classes.

And you should say the exact same to the Dean or the Tutors there and if they do nothing, then find out who the head of the college board is and speak to them. As it's pretty much bullying...

And don't be afraid of the fact that you think you're making a big deal out of nothing (cause some people might think of it that way) because at the end of the day, it's you at risk, not them.

Good luck!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 16, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.