Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got my second history exam (F961/02) on 22nd May. I was wondering if anyone has any idea what questions are likely to come up? I'm hoping either General Strike, National Government or Lloyd George! (The section I am doing is Domestic Issues 1918-1951)

I've also got the source paper (F964/02) tomorrow (14th May) and I'm seriously stressing about it! Does anyone have any tips on how to answer the questions? I can't seem to get above band 2 on my answers!

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jess2703)
    I've got my second history exam (F961/02) on 22nd May. I was wondering if anyone has any idea what questions are likely to come up? I'm hoping either General Strike, National Government or Lloyd George! (The section I am doing is Domestic Issues 1918-1951)

I've also got the source paper (F964/02) tomorrow (14th May) and I'm seriously stressing about it! Does anyone have any tips on how to answer the questions? I can't seem to get above band 2 on my answers!

Thank you

I'm hoping it'll be Lloyd George and the National Government for the British History q. The General Strike could be on there, but it has come up quite a bit recently.

As long as the Conservatives don't come up, I'm fine!

If you have a look at other threads, people have posted how to structure the questions. Try this thread.

For a top band, key things to remember are:
    1. Good writing style, try and be as fluent as possible
    2. Good synthesis of sources/ cross referencing sources
    3. Good evaluation of provenance
    4. Good source analysis - bring it back to the Q.
    5. Use ALL sources in question B
    6. Make a Judgement at the end - no. paragraphs = no. judgements
    7. Don't use simplistic evaluative language - use words such as 'bias' once, and vary your vocabulary.
    8. Beware of misleading sources - technically known as diametrically opposed sources.
    9. Don't just talk about reliability of sources, also mention usefulness, etc.
    10. Use your own knowledge. And make sure you integrate it into your source analysis seamlessly. If you don't have any knowledge about the topic, then make something sensible up. Usually the examiner marking it will not be an expert in the topic you're doing.
    11. You get the message!

After you've made sure you've stuck to the above points, I think practise makes perfect.

Good luck tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marksmith34)
    I'm hoping it'll be Lloyd George and the National Government for the British History q. The General Strike could be on there, but it has come up quite a bit recently.

As long as the Conservatives don't come up, I'm fine!

If you have a look at other threads, people have posted how to structure the questions. Try this thread.

For a top band, key things to remember are:
    1. Good writing style, try and be as fluent as possible
    2. Good synthesis of sources/ cross referencing sources
    3. Good evaluation of provenance
    4. Good source analysis - bring it back to the Q.
    5. Use ALL sources in question B
    6. Make a Judgement at the end - no. paragraphs = no. judgements
    7. Don't use simplistic evaluative language - use words such as 'bias' once, and vary your vocabulary.
    8. Beware of misleading sources - technically known as diametrically opposed sources.
    9. Don't just talk about reliability of sources, also mention usefulness, etc.
    10. Use your own knowledge. And make sure you integrate it into your source analysis seamlessly. If you don't have any knowledge about the topic, then make something sensible up. Usually the examiner marking it will not be an expert in the topic you're doing.
    11. You get the message!

After you've made sure you've stuck to the above points, I think practise makes perfect.

Good luck tomorrow!

Thank you so much! That thread you linked was really useful. Just need to try and remember that list tomorrow and top bands here I come haha. Yeah me too I really do not like the Conservative section, all the past questions seem so hard I really hope NG and Lloyd George come up! Good luck to you too

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.