Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hope this isn't a duplicate of another thread!

The exam is tomorrow and I'm not sure how I feel just yet! Anyone else sitting it? How are you feeling? My topic is Germany: Versailles to Outbreak of War

ReputationRep:
    hi I'm also doing Versailles to the outbreak of WWII, you got any predictions for what questions might come up?

ReputationRep:
    I am doing the same topic, I haven't really done much in terms of revision sadly. I think that a question on the impacts of Versailles on the Republic could come up.

ReputationRep:
    still time for revision tonight! I'm lucky that I retain quite a lot of the stuff so I don't need to revise it too much. Yeah Versailles could come up, I could answer that, there's no way that I'm doing the German 'revolution' or the constitution, HATE that ://

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying!

I've tried not to think too much about what might come up and just had a look at everything on the syllabus (it's soooo daunting!!) I think that for the sources a question on the significance of the Enabling Act might come up but I really hope not because I've not got an awful lot of historiography or any recall for that matter on it!

I know how you feel frasercee, I hate the reasons for the revolution but I'd be quite comfortable with discussing the limitations of it I'm so worried that there will be a bunch of really awkward questions (e.g. 2007's lovely "How effective was the Chancellorship of Bruning?" ew).

What did you's do your dissertation on? I wrote about the Nazis' attempt to create a Volksgemeinschaft - I'd love that to come up tomorrow but I think it's been asked the past two years so probably not!

Also how are you finding remembering historiography? I can remember a lot from the earlier topics but I'm not so good at remembering the names of the historians who said them... hopefully I can just wing it and make up a name haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukulelemily)
    Thanks for replying!

I've tried not to think too much about what might come up and just had a look at everything on the syllabus (it's soooo daunting!!) I think that for the sources a question on the significance of the Enabling Act might come up but I really hope not because I've not got an awful lot of historiography or any recall for that matter on it!

I know how you feel frasercee, I hate the reasons for the revolution but I'd be quite comfortable with discussing the limitations of it I'm so worried that there will be a bunch of really awkward questions (e.g. 2007's lovely "How effective was the Chancellorship of Bruning?" ew).

What did you's do your dissertation on? I wrote about the Nazis' attempt to create a Volksgemeinschaft - I'd love that to come up tomorrow but I think it's been asked the past two years so probably not!

Also how are you finding remembering historiography? I can remember a lot from the earlier topics but I'm not so good at remembering the names of the historians who said them... hopefully I can just wing it and make up a name haha!

It is daunting when you see just HOW MUCH they could actually ask you. Yeah the completely random questions like that Bruning one you mentioned. Enabling Act could come up I don't think it has before :/

I wrote mine on Hitler's leadership, pretty straightforward but it was the area that interested me the most. Yeah Volksgemeinschaft came up last year, but in 2010 and 2011 opposition came up both times, so it could happen again but with the national community?

I'm quite good with the historiography (not wanting to sound too confident...) I use like 'trigger' words to remember them, eg if Layton made a comment on Germany being too reliant on loans from America, I'd remember 'Layton's loans'
    sounds ridiculous but it helps me remember :L

ReputationRep:
    I like that topic as well, I'm pretty much interested in any of the nazi essays tbh, don't think I could cope with a whole dissertation on the revolution!

Ah that's a good way to learn them I just wish I'd started studying months ago so I wouldn't be worrying so much right now! Hopefully the exam is good to us tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I done my dissertation on volksgeminschaft too but I doubt that it will come up in all honesty. I am quite worried about the Nazi section; I only know the consolidation of power, national community and parts of the economy. Really should have tried harder to study but I am just happy that I don't need this subject for uni

ReputationRep:
    I really hope something on Versailles comes up its my best topic and i really really hope foreign policy doesnt come up i dont understand it what so ever

ReputationRep:
    something good will come up for all of us, willing to put money on an economy question of some sort

ReputationRep:
    Hi i'm taking it as well but am doing South Africa....ansolutely ****ting it because i haven't the foggiest past the 1948 other than the changing stages of the ANC.....think i may be ****ed :L

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the American Civil War. Not particularly looking forward to it but I really don't care. I'm glad I don't have to rely on it, haven't even finished revising everything, going to read over stuff in the morning then hope for the best.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Japan...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I did the American Civil War, and omg the essay questions where appalling. The Kansas-Nebraska ones were okay but we literally haven't been taught any of the other questions so I had to move onto sources. My sources were basically essays though :/ THen I went back and made up the changes of social and economics for both the North and South in about 10 minutes :/

ReputationRep:
    What the hell were those essay questions? They were way too specific. I ended up doing the eastern western theatre importance question and the one about social conditions in the south and north. They weren't too bad I don't think but i didn't have enough points. The source questions weren't too bad but I didn't like the consequences of the emancipation proclamation one. I did the civil war. Tbh none of the small amount of revision I did was any help, I was hoping for a black involvement question and there wasn't one.

ReputationRep:
    I did the American Civil War too and found it awful, although the whole course was a shambles for us! I did Kansas Nebraska really poorly but I think my second essay was quite good (social/economic changes). The paper 2 stuff was quite good but I was rushing to do it, overall I'm really dissappointed.

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who did germany, did you find it okay? I did the limitations of the revolution and stresemann which I think were not bad - would've done limited opposition to nazid but completely forgot everything /: I didnt likethe 16 marker in the sources because all of the points I had were in the sources so I just had like 3 extra recall points But overall I thought the paper was pretty fair!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who did germany, did you find it okay? I did the limitations of the revolution and stresemann which I think were not bad - would've done limited opposition to nazid but completely forgot everything /: I didnt likethe 16 marker in the sources because all of the points I had were in the sources so I just had like 3 extra recall points But overall I thought the paper was pretty fair!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    SO GLAD IT'S OVER

I found it fine, I did Stresemann and opposition, and spoke about Hitler not allowing opposition through master politics and terror, as well as the divisions and stupidity of the opposition itself.

The 16 marker has come up before I am sure so I have done it before but it was such a rush for me to get all the recall down, and I was a little unsure about the 'goals and aims' of Volksgemeinschaft but I think I managed. I agree though the Germany questions were pretty fair! (Although the essays were a bit weird like the economy one)

wrist was killing me by the end of it )

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I done numbers 2 and 5, I felt that the paper was quite good actually considering I only revised the night before. Because I done the dissertation on the national community I used parts of it in the opposition question ( the Hitler youth, churches etc) and the last question on the sources was a gift for me.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i did the treaty of versailles and stresemann completly blanked at the opposition question but I was really pleased with the paper very glad it is over as i think my hand may fall of

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.