food technology a2 aqa !!!!! Plz help me

Watch
ally123x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am the only student who does food a level in my school and i really neeed help on the aqa spec it says i need to social,moral and economic implications of food production and processign technology; ways of extending the shelf-life, can anyone please help me on what this is about xxxx
Nikki1004
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi

I am doing as level aqa food technology
I have got an A in coursework and am predicted an A for the exam tomorrow hopefully!

By moral implications it may include:
Fair Trade products
Free Range products
Organic etc

For Social:
AQA tend to look at social trends such as single mothers, ageing population, increased travelling and immigration and how all of these factors affect food production.

For example immigration affects food production by causing producers to create more products from around the world to see the needs and wants of immigrants such as chinese food, indian food etc

By economic:
depending on what they are looking at the recession
or they could be looking at the idea of mass production and the economic effects of bulk buying etc

Extending shelf life is to do with additives, eg using salt or sugar,
they also use freezing,drying, canning, adding high pressure or air packing etc

Hope this helps!

Ps i am the only one doing food tech a level in my school too
it sucks
Kez'Dog
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Is this what you think will come up in the exam tomorrow or just some of the things that you should know any way in case they do come up?
ally123x
Rep:
?
just what i didnt understand , thankyou soo much, how are you getting on with the course and how was the cw xx
Nikki1004
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Welcome

I am done now!! cant wait to start a2 this year!
I really enjoyed the course and i enjoyed doing the cw even though it was a lot of work! paid of tho cuz i got an A
How did u find the course and cw? xx
ally123x
Rep:
?
So are you in year 12, my cw went ok got predicted an A as well and i got full marks last year. A2 is a shock tho it is sooo much harder than yr 12 . xx
Dborer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi There,

I saw that you are doing A2 food next year!!
I've nearly finished my A2 course now!

These Are some useful things which have helped me:

- Slideshare
- 'the Science and Technology of Foods' 5th edition by R.K. Proudlove

I hope it helps as A2 is a major jump from AS
ally123x
Rep:
?
its very difficult a2 food, how do you feel about the exam on 4th june xx
Dborer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hmm I wouldn't say it's difficult but I would say it's more of a challenge! Yeah I'm well prepared for it I just have to try my best! Good luck anyways!
ally123x
Rep:
?
there is alot on the spec to cover though with the addition to cw at my school because i was the only student i only had a few lessons a week for both, that was a little stressful, never mind.
I feel ok about the exam as well, what do you think will come up and which one out of lipids, carbs or protein. xxx
thanks and you too x
EatRainbows_x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How did the exam go today for everyone? x
ally123x
Rep:
?
it went ok, had good questions but did not have time to finish xx how about u xx
EatRainbows_x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
samee, which questions did you do (AQA)? I had to write up until the end! 2hrs were not enough lol xx
ally123x
Rep:
?
i know i could have done with another half an hour, i did for section 1 the bacteria and colloid one and then i did the preservation methods one e.g. strawberries and then i did the one about traceability u?
EatRainbows_x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ally123x)
i know i could have done with another half an hour, i did for section 1 the bacteria and colloid one and then i did the preservation methods one e.g. strawberries and then i did the one about traceability u?
I did two the same as you haha! I ran out of time on the prevervation on though I didn't do traceability instead I did the meat and fish one, first question I loved the colloidal one!
ally123x
Rep:
?
same haha, i could have easily written more but i needed more time xxx fingers crossed x
EatRainbows_x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yup same- good luck xxx
laurels
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Does anyone know where to find the unoffical mark scheme for the food exam yesterday?
ally123x
Rep:
?
no sorry it wont be out yet though I don't think x
Lauren159
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So, started A2 food in September and completely freaking out about how different it is to AS.. any hints or tips as to how I can revise or what to use!?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (29)
18.47%
I'm not sure (3)
1.91%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (53)
33.76%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.91%
I'm not a current university student (69)
43.95%

Watched Threads