Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme and how did people find this exam ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akmal_shabir123)
    Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme and how did people find this exam ?
    You should be able to get the MS in 9 days off your teacher I believe.

I didn't take this exam today, took it in January, what were the Data Response on?

ReputationRep:
    Externalities - Use of mobile phones + tuition university fees.

ReputationRep:
    Externalities - Use of mobile phones + tuition university fees.
    woah, they seemed to have shaken them up this year, were they hard?

ReputationRep:
    Multiple choice was hard, I did a resit from last summer in my opinion found this one easier.

ReputationRep:
    Multiple choice was hard, I did a resit from last summer in my opinion found this one easier.
    Ah yea, last summer was NHS and Monopolies? What were the 3 policies you talked about?

The one I sat in January was a lovely paper!

ReputationRep:
    Talke about financing uni fees..
    talked about tuition fees, tax and subsidy and selling uni research to companies .
    People post unofficial mark schemes... Do you know anyone that does it.

ReputationRep:
    MC was one of the toughest ive seen, some very tricky questions in there!

Data response was nice though - I chose mobile phones and talked about education (neg ext diagram showing over consumption and information gap), regulation and minimum prices w/ diag.

ReputationRep:
    Hated this exam. Got a D in Jan was hoping to get at least a B this time.
    I picked the tution fees one, ran out of time in the 25 marker! no conclusion, summary or graph

Anyone taking unit 2 on the 17th?

ReputationRep:
    No sorry.
    I did well in Unit 2.

Zetharus - what stuff did you talk about in the final essay? And on question 03 what graph did you use?

ReputationRep:
    It was very hard, i didnt finish it either the question 04 on tuiton fees.

MC was tough, although there was like about 8 easy questions and 10 medium with 7 really hard ones (guessed)

DR was ok, i think 01, 02, 03 were ok, i'm aiming for strong marks in them since i didnt do a conclusion in 04 because of time issues, i know i didnt even enter level 4 so look at around 14marks max.

Can We Discuss Multiple Choice questions since they are still fresh in mind.

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for 03 - what graph and what sort of explanation?
    Did anyone find 02 a bit confusing in terms of comparisons..

And what points were raised on question 04?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    did context 2, on 25 market what did you guys talk about.think i talked about wrong things did indirect taxation, regulation and info campaign which was not in enough detail :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samuelsupress)
    did context 2, on 25 market what did you guys talk about.think i talked about wrong things did indirect taxation, regulation and info campaign which was not in enough detail :/
    Hi, I too looked at context 2. What you say you've written doesn't sound wrong to me? You'll be credited with marks for saying that in the analysis section, however most of the marks come from your evaluation which I'm not to sure on tbh. How was everyone's multiple choice? I got very few C's. Is this the same for everyone else?

ReputationRep:
    I did context 1

ReputationRep:
    I did context 1
    I did too! i'd say it was the 'obvious' choice, although a little less obvious in the case of this paper

ReputationRep:
    Hi, can someone tell me if this is right, I did context 2 about mobile phones and wrote about taxation, regulation and education and why if the government inforced these they might work but light cause market failure? I did analyse them in quite a lot if detail but jut wondered if they were right?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxLikesNoodles)
    MC was one of the toughest ive seen, some very tricky questions in there!

Data response was nice though - I chose mobile phones and talked about education (neg ext diagram showing over consumption and information gap), regulation and minimum prices w/ diag.
    Those policies sound good! Esepcially because Mobiles are a demerit good, therefore arguably inelastic so education will shift rather than cause a movement -

Would have loved that in mine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loptopflop)
    Hi, can someone tell me if this is right, I did context 2 about mobile phones and wrote about taxation, regulation and education and why if the government inforced these they might work but light cause market failure? I did analyse them in quite a lot if detail but jut wondered if they were right?
    Thanks
    i did the same as well!! but my education bit was very short

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valkers)
    Hi, I too looked at context 2. What you say you've written doesn't sound wrong to me? You'll be credited with marks for saying that in the analysis section, however most of the marks come from your evaluation which I'm not to sure on tbh. How was everyone's multiple choice? I got very few C's. Is this the same for everyone else?
    exam was alright to be honest just have to wit and see must now revise for my law and history exam tomorrow

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.