The Student Room Group

Worried about meeting conditions

Hi,

I've applied to Stirling University to do a BscHons in Internaltional Business with languages. I received a conditional offer from UCAS stating that I should meet 60% overall on my access course.
I'm expecting to meet 55% as there is one subject that I'm having considerable trouble with. Do you think the university would be lenient in that regard? I'm 25 now and considered as a mature student.
If you've met or are going to meet the requirements in other aspects of the course then I'd recommend you focus most, if not all, of your attention on the subject you're struggling with. That's what I'm doing. I've pretty much met the requirements in all but one subject, so I've actually opted out of the final unit for one of the subjects because I have/will have enough credits from elsewhere allowing me to focus all my attention on the subject I need to get right.

Of course, there is a chance that they will be lenient, especially if you only miss out by a small margin. My advice is to cross that bridge if you come to it. Worrying about it can't be good, so I'd say you should focus on the course for the moment and hopefully you won't have to contemplate what you'll do if you just miss out on 60%.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending