The Student Room Group

Reciting notes in my sleep?

So this is really strange but recently I have been waking up at random times in the night and I'll have been repeating certain phrases from my revision? Like I woke up in the middle of the night last night repeating "transition metal ions form coordinate bonds with ligands" over and over hahaha.

It's quite worrying but I guess every bit of revision helps? I mean I know we're told to learn things until we can recite them in our sleep but I didn't take that literally lol.

Has anyone else had this kinda thing? It's so weird.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
I've said single words in my sleep that I've been trying to remember, like latin names of insects and stuff

I guess it means you definitely know it haha! can't imagine it's bad
I was revising developmental psychology in a dream the other day, woke up all like "WTF". I guess it helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Happens to me every time during exam season. I've accepted that it's normal now. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
For me, it's either I can't sleep or I dream about doing a math problem. But reciting notes in your sleep goes beyond any human power.
There's been a few people out that have claimed to be able to actually learn in their dreams, maybe you're on that track? Either way I think its a good thing because it means you're completely immersing yourself in the work.
Reply 6
Haha, so glad to know I'm not the only one.
Reply 7
i had the EXACT same thing a few days before my RE exam, i woke up at like 3am with definitions going around in my head, i was half asleep and was so confused hahaha glad i'm not the only one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by LeaX
x

Original post by Subbi
x

Haha I thought I was the only one! But yeah, i've noticed that almost much every time i sleep, I'm dreaming of solving the most incredible maths's problem, and I keep coming up with amazing ideas and stuff from all areas of mathematics, and when feel that i'm about to wake up, and tell myself, right, 'i'll just finish the problem after i wake up :smile:', then I wake up with absolutely no idea about what the problem was, or why in the world a person like me would be dreaming of maths anyway :ninja:

Thanks for this thread, i feel a lot less weirder now :smile:
Just sounds like you're brain consolidating everything you've learnt during the day you talking in your sleep is a part of that.
Reply 10
Original post by Sketch
Haha I thought I was the only one! But yeah, i've noticed that almost much every time i sleep, I'm dreaming of solving the most incredible maths's problem, and I keep coming up with amazing ideas and stuff from all areas of mathematics, and when feel that i'm about to wake up, and tell myself, right, 'i'll just finish the problem after i wake up :smile:', then I wake up with absolutely no idea about what the problem was, or why in the world a person like me would be dreaming of maths anyway :ninja:

Thanks for this thread, i feel a lot less weirder now :smile:

Haha, welcome to the club! :P
Reply 11
Yeah, you're definitely not alone!

My mum heard me speaking spanish in my sleep when I was preparing for my spanish aural exams, fun times :P
I once recited a list of books I read during a residential. It's not abnormal, especially if you have been revising quite hard for the subject where it will be playing over in your conscious and your unconscious so is reflected in your sleep. A little bit of psychology :tongue:
Reply 13
My sister used to do that when memorising stuff for language oral exams...she carried on doing for about 3 months after the exam as well ... :tongue:
Reply 14
My siblings once told me I was muttering integration (maths) in my sleep.
Reply 15
Lucky You ! You can do the most important things in a students life (revision) and the most wanted thing in a students life (sleep) together :smile: please do teach me how to do it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending