The Student Room Group

Are you proud of where you come from?

Just a general question here, don't really know why im asking it:redface:

I'm proud of where I come from but my home-town is basically a sh*t-hole The highest paid job is working at the steelworkers or hospital and these will close it :frown:. It's full of chavs and mainly council estates, in fact there is show on tonight in my hometown called Skint on Channel 4 :P

Can't want to leave but proud of where I come from :smile:

------
Realised this is the wrong place could an admin move this to the right place please sorry.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Beverley is a nice town with a unique sort of culture and interesting history...but I can't wait to leave it to go to uni :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by Scotus
Beverley is a nice town with a unique sort of culture and interesting history...but I can't wait to leave it to go to uni :tongue:

Agreed only been once but miles better than Scunthorpe and enjoy uni :biggrin:
Reply 3
Nope, i plan on watching skint tonight thought to find out what my taxes pay for haha
Reply 4
I'm from Istanbul, don't like it here but not ashamed of it either. Pride would be an overstatement.
Don't really care anymore either since I'll be moving to Newcastle in September. :awesome:
Reply 5
Yorkshire: Definitely.
My town (Mexborough): Proud to have escaped.

Uni town (Chester): Sort of.
Reply 6
It's not where you come from it's where you're going that matters.

A famous saying from whom I can't attribute
Reply 7
Original post by Anazoth
Nope, i plan on watching skint tonight thought to find out what my taxes pay for haha

This is what you're paying texts for

Capture.PNG
Original post by Jam198
It's not where you come from it's where you're going that matters.

A famous saying from whom I can't attribute

So true hope my future isn't in Scunthorpe but it will always be a part of me.
Reply 8
Original post by Darren96
This is what you're paying texts for

Capture.PNG

So true hope my future isn't in Scunthorpe but it will always be a part of me.

Hahaha, sounds like where i live :colondollar: I'm one of the small percentage who is wanting out of this place, no idea how people can actually enjoy living that lifestyle to be honest.:confused:
Reply 9
Original post by T'archer
Yorkshire: Definitely.

Us Yorkshire folk are always reet proud of where we come from. :biggrin:
Although its sort of mixed for Guiseley (my hometown), it used to be run down and chav infested, but over the past couple of years its improved quite a bit.

Oh, and I'll always be proud to be from Leeds (home city) :smile:
I'm from Wigan. So no, not really. Though it has gotten nicer over the last few years
Reply 11
I love my town even though there's nothing to do! :nooo: You just go to a shop and come back from it :mmm: In summer we have something to do as we have ice cream event :h: But people become like animals since a helicopter drops down lots of tokens for free ice cream and there's a mass pile of people trying to catch them :K:
Reply 12
Original post by ForgetMe
I love my town even though there's nothing to do! :nooo: You just go to a shop and come back from it :mmm: In summer we have something to do as we have ice cream event :h: But people become like animals since a helicopter drops down lots of tokens for free ice cream and there's a mass pile of people trying to catch them :K:

bit like my town apart from the ice cream :P eventho my home town has been embarrassed on Channel 4 tonight i'm proud of it.
Reply 13
bit like my town apart from the ice cream :P eventho my home town has been embarrassed on Channel 4 tonight i'm proud of it.

Well, it's not even worth going there to get free ice cream :tongue: How many people live in your town? :mmm:
Reply 14

Wouldn't worry about it, mine was on tv last week lol :colondollar:
Reply 15
I'm from Stoke-on-Trent and it's pretty dire. Full of chavs and people who are content with a mediocre life. I'm planning to up sticks and move to Edinburgh the first chance I get as my fiancé is from there originally and it's just an amazing place.
Reply 16
I'm from Nice, south of France and I am as proud as I can be about that lovely city :moon: how can I not be? There's a beach :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Yeah, I am proud of coming from Manchester. Its a decent city and more importantly, the people are the best in the country.
My home suburb? Yes - it's leafy, safe and has some really lovely people and some great amenities right on the doorstep. There are some great views of beautiful rural North Yorkshire from here, too. :yep:

My home town (Middlesbrough)? Partly. It's ugly and (judging from reports, anyway) rough in many places, but it's got some pleasant green spaces, some nice down-to-earth people and a decent variety of stuff to do for a town of its size. It's definitely not as pretty and cosmopolitan as, say, nearby Newcastle and York, though.
(edited 10 years ago)

Channel 4 hasn't embarrassed your home town as much as it has embarrassed mine. Just do a Google search for something like 'channel 4 middlesbrough 2007' if you don't know what I'm talking about. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest