Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm living with my parents while at uni, I get no grant but would it be worth applying for the maintenance loan?
    Are there any other expenses besides living costs (which i obviously won't be paying) which I may need to fork out for?

I'm entitled to nearly £3,000 - should I get all of that or maybe just part of it??
    I have a part time job on a Saturday which will only amount to £100 a month unless I can get overtime.

Thanks for any advice! So stuck on what to do :confused:

P.s I am applying for tuition fee loan, of course

ReputationRep:
    Depends if you need money for petrol or things such as printing costs etc? I have done a three year degree and every year my loan was needed for petrol, books..etc it all adds up you would be surprised!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fayenatalie)
    Depends if you need money for petrol or things such as printing costs etc? I have done a three year degree and every year my loan was needed for petrol, books..etc it all adds up you would be surprised!
    Thanks for your reply!
    So you would recommend applying for everything I'm entitled to?

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would! Its so much help having that extra cash and its a weight off your shoulders knowing you don't have to worry about having to work loads while you're trying to study/do assignments!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fayenatalie)
    Personally I would! Its so much help having that extra cash and its a weight off your shoulders knowing you don't have to worry about having to work loads while you're trying to study/do assignments!
    Thank you for your advice

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.