Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    We got sent some of these to try at work, I wonder if anyone else has tried them?
    Their site says Waitrose are stocking them at the moment but when I did a search the nearest was 48 miles away and no option to buy online. Bit of a shame

They're kind of a mix between a smoothie and a protein shake. I'm not usually one to have pre-prepped protein shakes but it was quite nice actually.

They look like this:

Just under 150 kcals in a little bottle
    20g protein
    12.5 carbs (most sugars)
    2g fat

So a decent nutritional breakdown. Anyone else tried/seen these?

ReputationRep:
    Haven't tried it, looks okay though. Works out pretty cheap per g of protein with my discount. I'll give it a try.

ReputationRep:
    I can't find it (though tbh I'm not looking very hard since I doubt I'll try it anyway). How cheap is pretty cheap?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by rlw31)
    Haven't tried it, looks okay though. Works out pretty cheap per g of protein with my discount. I'll give it a try.
    What's the discount you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tooosh)
    I can't find it (though tbh I'm not looking very hard since I doubt I'll try it anyway). How cheap is pretty cheap?
    This site lists a rsp of £1.79 for each bottle which contains 20g protein, so ~ 9p/g of protein. More expensive than decently priced protein powder and other food, but not bad for a ready made drink. I get discount at Waitrose (where it's sold) so I can get it for less than that.

(Original post by CJ)
    What's the discount you have?
    ^^
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Waste of money.

ReputationRep:
    Whey to expensive for regular use but definitely looks like a good drink when out and about and thirsty. Have you guys tried that whey ice cream they released in H&B?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    Whey to expensive for regular use but definitely looks like a good drink when out and about and thirsty. Have you guys tried that whey ice cream they released in H&B?
    No, but sounds incredible! Is it this?
    http://www.wheyhey.co.uk/index.php?lang=en

How much is it, do you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ)
    No, but sounds incredible! Is it this?
    http://www.wheyhey.co.uk/index.php?lang=en

How much is it, do you know?
    Yep thats it, they give a spoon with it as well, costs about 3 quid, too expensive and small, you want more icecream after lol.

ReputationRep:
    Looks and sounds like one of those cheesey products on the Apprentice
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    Yep thats it, they give a spoon with it as well, costs about 3 quid, too expensive and small, you want more icecream after lol.
    Ah, that's a shame. H&B is a bit of a way out the way when the sun's out... Think I'd still prefer a 99, even if it's not so pretein-y. Never mind!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex-Torres)
    Looks and sounds like one of those cheesey products on the Apprentice
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlw31)
    Why?
    Upbeat is so unoriginal, and the packaging looks like they've tried too hard to make it 'child-friendly'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex-Torres)
    Upbeat is so unoriginal, and the packaging looks like they've tried too hard to make it 'child-friendly'
    Really? How many other high protein smoothies are there? And child friendly packaging is hardly exclusive to 'cheesy products on the Apprentice'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ)
    Ah, that's a shame. H&B is a bit of a way out the way when the sun's out... Think I'd still prefer a 99, even if it's not so pretein-y. Never mind!
    I know it would do so much better in a supermarket, how do these upbeat shakes compare to innocent smoothies as they are the same price.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.