The Student Room Group

Funniest homework excuse?

Scroll to see replies

My friend once said that he couldn't do his homework because he went away on holiday. When asked why he didn't do it when away, he said because it's called 'home' work and he'd feel like he was deceiving the school if he was to do it.
I once said that the war in Afghanistan made me too upset to Do my homework. I know it's harsh, but it worked :biggrin:
A girl got away with it from one teacher because she way pregnant!
Original post by AbathaZoe
Not homework excuses, but my mum works in a school reception some days, and there was this one teacher whose year nine students were always late and came up with the worst excuses, so she wrote them all down and left them in the folder where the register was. Some of them were:

"I was late because a dog was chasing me and I had to hide from it"
"I was late because my mum couldn't be bothered to get out of bed"
"I was late because my bike was frozen and my hand got stuck to it"
"I was late because I was late coming in" (my personal favourite)

This boy in my maths class was late because there was a bee in his bath and he had to get rid of it. He told us the dramatic story of how he used one of his sister's letters from school to remove the bee but the thing took ages to budge and then he went downstairs to find the bee had returned at he had left the window open. He then had to take his sister to school and in his words ' Her and my school are on opposite sides of the earth' God it was bloody hilarious listening to that.
Original post by That Bearded Man
A girl got away with it from one teacher because she way pregnant!

Haha yeh there was a girl in my year who was pregnant and randomly have in to a few lessons and the teachers were so nice to her... This boy in my maths class was late because there was a bee in his bath and he had to get rid of it. He told us the dramatic story of how he used one of his sister's letters from school to remove the bee but the thing took ages to budge and then he went downstairs to find the bee had returned at he had left the window open. He then had to take his sister to school and in his words ' Her and my school are on opposite sides of the earth' God it was bloody hilarious listening to that.
Original post by fajitamunch
My friend once said that he couldn't do his homework because he went away on holiday. When asked why he didn't do it when away, he said because it's called 'home' work and he'd feel like he was deceiving the school if he was to do it.

This kid is going places but he has a point as it should be carried out in your own home not someone's you've rented haha
Original post by Michaela X
I lost it fighting this kid who said you weren't the best teacher in the school.

This boy in my maths class was late because there was a bee in his bath and he had to get rid of it. He told us the dramatic story of how he used one of his sister's letters from school to remove the bee but the thing took ages to budge and then he went downstairs to find the bee had returned at he had left the window open. He then had to take his sister to school and in his words ' Her and my school are on opposite sides of the earth' God it was bloody hilarious listening to that.
Apparently someone's sister ripped it up once.
Not really homework related but...

I once collected something 6 months late. It wasn't an issue but I was rather embarrassed that I hadn't been able to pay for it sooner. I said that I had been away doing voluntary work.

I expected that to be the end of it. The lady asked me where?

"India" I automatically said o_O
"How long for" she said

I replied "2 weeks"

Cringe! Why I hadn't I collected it sooner if I had only been away for 2 weeks? That's what you get for lying!

Posted from TSR Mobile
A teacher brought me in because a student had reported me for writing something offensive about him.

She asked me, "TBM, did you write a note to x calling him a....whatever"

I, of course, said no. Forgetting of course that I had in fact, signed it.

D'uh!
Reply 110
Why didn't you do your homework?

I did do it I just didn't bring it in, you told me to have it done by today not bring it to school by today.

I had the reputation of being an annoying little smart ass back then.
Reply 111
Not homework but...
A friend missed a lesson once and when the teacher asked about it she said "miss, my sister went into labour!" She doesn't even have a sister! She then added more detail about it being a boy and some other stuff.
The teacher actually believed her!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I came back from holiday and forgot to pack my homework. To this day my homework is lying around in germany or in the bin. It is most likely in the bin and i spent a long time completing that hw as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Never really had an excuse for homework. But was always pretty honest about why I was late to class. Usually stuff like 'my mum was cooking pasta this morning so I stayed to eat some. Tastes better when its fresh'
My cat pissed on it.
Reply 115
Original post by CaptainDudeson
My cat pissed on it.

that's good!!! :wink:
Original post by dylan_t
that's good!!! :wink:

And true!
My best was in re my teacher was catualya vicer she asked for the home work the exchangfe went like this

Her: can I have your homework
Me: The bible teaches forgiveness right
Her: yes
Me:and you follow the bible
Her:yes
ME :forgive me then
I died, but then Jesus'd back 3 days later.
Original post by dasolja123
I swear down when i read that i burst out laughing and got weird looks at school BBBBUUUUUUTTTTT LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!-literaly!:biggrin:
LLOOOLLLL, I actually imagined that in my head! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest