Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm 18 and all I seem to eat is carbohydrates & protein. For meals I only seem to eat pasta, pizza, eggs, chicken, cereal, scampi, chips, rice, sandwiches.
    Because I'm nearly an adult this is really starting to affect my health. I've noticed I have very pale skin on my face, although I'm not pale on my body. Bags under my eyes are getting woeful and I'm having trouble sleeping which results in trouble concentrating in class the next day. I have mild acne. Despite my unhealthy diet I have always been slim ( https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...85200646_n.jpg ), however not very feminine or curvy. Over the next month I'm doing exams to get into uni and really want to sort myself out so I can do the best that I can.

I eat maybe 2 or 3 pieces of fruit a day - can anyone suggest a kind of meal planner with example dishes that will make me healthier and show me what I'm missing out on? Thanks!

Try and eat foods that are different in colour. Obviously this mainly applies to fruit and vegetables. If you are not keen on veg but you like pasta, try chopping vegetables very finely and stir frying. Add a tin of chopped tomatoes and any herbs/seasoning you like. This will feed at least 2 people, if not more.
    Your doctor could advise you by a simple blood test if you have an iron deficiency. This is very common in teenagers in particular and you do say your face is pale.
    Try and make sure your cereals are wholegrain, (Weetabix, bran flakes, Shredded Wheat) or porridge which gives slow release energy rather than something sweet and sugary.
    Wholemeal bread is also a good idea if you like it. This will make sure you have sufficient fibre.
    There are plenty of healthy eating websites you can try for recipe ideas and meal planners. Just take it one or two small changes at a time and build it up until you are eating a good balanced diet. Hope this helps.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 13, 2013
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.