The Student Room Group

OCR French GCSE listening/reading 13/05/13

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Occam's chainsaw
So far I have:
ex.1 - activities (can't remember order so useless there)
ex.2 - I think pairing of jobs and impressions(not in order):
mechanic - boring
shop assistant - unpleasant
restaurant worker - tiring
can't remember the job - enjoyable

ex.3 - Aspiring swimmer girl
age 15 wanted to do a sporting job
had to quit due to injury
turned to music
received advice from her teacher
got mixed results in her entrance exam
changed her mind again
became journalist
now producer for a tv channel

ex.4 - ??
ex.5 - switzerland (done)
ex.6 doctor advice (done)

I know these are slightly vague but i hope it helps. If you remember what exercise 4 was about I could give my answers for that

can you get answers for reading please?
Original post by MrMusicLTD
The third one was about the girl who was going to have a career in sports, but then an injury stopped her from continuing with it. What did you get for the one where it asked as to what the guy was going to do in the National Park? It was exercise 2 me thinks... It was a word like randonnée or something, but I just wrote a long walk because I didn't know what the word meant :colondollar:

Randonee means walk :smile:
Just remember everyone that none of us have seen any answers you are going on what others who sat the exam THINK. We are all in the same boat so don't go and mark your paper off what others say before it has even reached an examiner.
Original post by jonnycope7
Is everyone sure it's not eat before car journey, as my friend and I (My friend is insane at french) got it as 'Eat before you go on the journey. Otherwise I think I only lost marks in the last question on the reading and got probably about 36/40 and then probably about 37/40 in Reading, so hopefully a comfortable A*

Your friend was right I think - it said "ne manquez pas manger" I think, in other words, don't forget to eat.
anyone know answersfor reading?
is 73 percent an A overall in writing oral,listening and reading?
Original post by All Wagers
is 73 percent an A overall in writing oral,listening and reading?

sorry, usually its about 75% for A 85% for A* but as the reading was perhaps slightly trickier than usual grade boundries may be a bit lower.
Reply 47
The answer for what he wanted to eat was spicy fish. I wrote: fish (spicy) do you guys think I'll get it?
Reply 48
Original post by MsFahima
The answer for what he wanted to eat was spicy fish. I wrote: fish (spicy) do you guys think I'll get it?

Yes the examiner won't be that harsh- i just wrote spicy fish even though i didn't know what epice meant.Lucky guess lol :smile:
The french listening exam that we sat on 13/05/13 didnt go so well as a result of the distorted sound therefore diverted my attention along with many other students sitting the exam. It was very hard to distinguish the different vocabulary used in the exam.
On the other hand, the reading went reasonably well- a lot better than the listening anyway. :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by aminahshafiq
The french listening exam that we sat on 13/05/13 didnt go so well as a result of the distorted sound therefore diverted my attention along with many other students sitting the exam. It was very hard to distinguish the different vocabulary used in the exam.
On the other hand, the reading went reasonably well- a lot better than the listening anyway. :smile:

OMG that was the same for me! I was sitting at the back of the hall and i couldn't hear anything properly When someone coughed i just could not understand yet hear anything.The reading went ok though i feel :smile:
Any predictions of grade boundaries?
I was thinking about 33-34 for an A* on both?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending