Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

WJEC GCSE Religious Studies B (Religion and Life Issues) - 13 May 2013 (a.m.) watch

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find the exam?

I personally found it ok (not too hard nor easy)

ReputationRep:
    Are you talking about OCR RE? If so, I found it to be not too bad as well. In my mock I got a C but I left quite a few questions out, whereas today I answered everything, so I'm hoping for at least a B. My teacher has been awful, so I've had to practically teach myself.

What questions did you choose? I chose sport, human rights, relationships and identity.

ReputationRep:
    Easyish. only one question I struggled with, the last one about Humans and their body or something.

ReputationRep:
    I meant WJEC not OCR.

ReputationRep:
    it was ok I guess, but it's hard to know whether I've answered the questions correctly lol ;/ I aimed to just write quotes and examples for everything, but that 8 mark question about religion and not being valued in society stumped me!!
    any idea on what the grade boundaries are usually like? how many marks is out of aha?

ReputationRep:
    also, anyone doing the other exam on 5th June? not sure which unit it is lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zippyzazu)
    it was ok I guess, but it's hard to know whether I've answered the questions correctly lol ;/ I aimed to just write quotes and examples for everything, but that 8 mark question about religion and not being valued in society stumped me!!
    any idea on what the grade boundaries are usually like? how many marks is out of aha?
    Wasn't a fan of the using symbols to describe question, or the human bodies one, but was fine with the rest I think. Loved the one about the nature of God:-)

2010 grade boundaries can be found here: http://www.wjec.co.uk/uploads/publications/9212.pdf
    2011 here: http://www.wjec.co.uk/uploads/publications/14884.pdf

Dunno about 2012, would be interested to see if anyone has them. Those ones are out of 96, but ours will be out of 101 as there were an additional 5 marks for spelling, punctuation and grammar and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zippyzazu)
    70% is a B if I remember from my mocks. But they mark quite leniently.

ReputationRep:
    oh right cool thank you, i really want an A*!! :P
    by the way, anyone doing the unit 2 exam on 5th june??

ReputationRep:
    How many marks do i need to get at least a C if the paper is out of 80 ??

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

What did everyone say for the last question? (Humans are more than just bodies)

Also, what did you all say about how we should use natural resources / about religious creation stories still have meaning / religious people should not be wealthy / everyone should use symbols to describe God?

Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dafid)
    Hey!

What did everyone say for the last question? (Humans are more than just bodies)

Also, what did you all say about how we should use natural resources / about religious creation stories still have meaning / religious people should not be wealthy / everyone should use symbols to describe God?

Thanks!!
    i cannot remember what i wrote lol, all i know is i was rushing so probably waffling :/ and i said about using resources responsibly, khalifahs etc, i put about 'easier for camel to go through eye of needle than rich person to get to heaven', literal/non-literal believes of creation story, and how it helps for temptation to remember jesus died for their sins wbu?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Im going to do an exam in May on WJEC Religion and life issues
    and
    Religion and human experiences
    where would i find past papers and resources such as key terms i want to get at least an B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaRiAa1999)
    Hi,
    Im going to do an exam in May on WJEC Religion and life issues
    and
    Religion and human experiences
    where would i find past papers and resources such as key terms i want to get at least an B
    Try this website: http://www.wjec.co.uk/index.php?subj...l=7&list=paper

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.