Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I have just received my letter back from student finance england and I am a bit worried about the numbers I see! My loan is a LOT lower than I expected and there is NO mention about a grant. Will I receive a grant on top of my loan or not? The letter says 'The total amount to be paid to you: £3699' but no mention of the grant plus my estimates say I should be entitled to a lot more. Anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walker5595)
    Hello

I have just received my letter back from student finance england and I am a bit worried about the numbers I see! My loan is a LOT lower than I expected and there is NO mention about a grant. Will I receive a grant on top of my loan or not? The letter says 'The total amount to be paid to you: £3699' but no mention of the grant plus my estimates say I should be entitled to a lot more. Anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks
    Probably you forgot to say in the application you wanted to be judged based on household income. Ring the student finance helpline and explain to them.

ReputationRep:
    It's with household income taken into account

I'll have to phone them and see what I can do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walker5595)
    It's with household income taken into account

I'll have to phone them and see what I can do
    You might get another letter once your evidence has been looked at, taking in to account your income. This is usually what happens.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.