Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Dear TSR Mathematicians,

I was hoping some of you could give us some tips on how to avoid making those silly errors in exams. I can't seem to go a paper without making little errors. Things like missing out a g (acceleration due to gravity) or differentiating instead of integrating.

so, tips?

ReputationRep:
    Become Asian, that should solve any problems you have.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ^ +1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwlilightLoz)
    ^ +1

Hi
    The way i remember differentiation and integration is that differentiation is d for Don't Divide >> therefore you multiply and then you just have to know lower power and integration is opposite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KD35)
    Dear TSR Mathematicians,

I was hoping some of you could give us some tips on how to avoid making those silly errors in exams. I can't seem to go a paper without making little errors. Things like missing out a g (acceleration due to gravity) or differentiating instead of integrating.

so, tips?
    On the side of the page you are writing your answers on, draw a line going down that creates large gap between the edge of the page and the line, just like an additional margin but much larger. In this new margin do all of you calculations. Do this for all questions. Once you have finished the paper, start from the beginning again and do the calculations again; if you get the same answer you must be doing something right

I've been using this technique since GCSE maths and through my A-levels and I have not got below 90% on any exam.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 13, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.