Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What vehicle was you taking your driving lessons in Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to know,ive recently started and im learning in a Vauxhall Astra SXI my friends thought that its abit sporting to learn in but i think im getting through it well..

/Why the negs?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Citroen DS3.

They only are available in 1.6 models.

It's a diesel.

ReputationRep:
    Citroen C4 on lessons and a Kia c'eed estate at other times. I think they were both diesel.

ReputationRep:
    I learnt in a couple of cars. My instructor had a renault clio. Then he got rid of that and got a ford fiesta.
    You think your car is a bit sporty to learn to drive in- there are a few bill plant driving instructor cars round my area that are audis. I wouldnt have minded learning in one of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BritBoyWonder)
    Just wanted to know,ive recently started and im learning in a Vauxhall Astra SXI my friends thought that its abit sporting to learn in but i think im getting through it well..
    I never thought I would find anyone who considered an Astra SXI as sporting. Did they say why they think this? As it blows my mind.

*disclaimer*there may or may not be an exaggeration on how surprised I am*disclamer*

ReputationRep:
    My instructor had a 1.6 Ford Fiesta, and I had learner insurance on my Gran's Vauxhall Vectra 1.8

ReputationRep:
    2008 Vauxhall Corsa 1.2l

Then instructor replaced it with a 2010 Vauxhall Corsa 1.0l I think.

ReputationRep:
    2009 Fiesta 1.6 TDCi, passed on 11th September (interesting date lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nissan Sunny! (1992)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Renault Clio 09, it was way too slow, almost felt asleep in some of my lessons lol and my license shows I passed on 11/11/11

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Renault clio with my instructor and my first car, peugeot 106. I'm glad I have power steering now though ha ha

ReputationRep:
    Fiat Grande Punto for lessons, Peugeot 206 at home :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Renault Clio - Diesel - might've been 1.6L

ReputationRep:
    My instructor had a 2005 Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi which I hated and I had a 1990 K10 Nissan Micra 1.0, brilliant little car.

ReputationRep:
    With my first instructor I had this:

A Ford Fiesta 1.6L diesel (TDCi).

With my second instructor I had this:

A VW Golf 1.6 diesel (TDi)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Ice Constricter)
    With my first instructor I had this:

A Ford Fiesta 1.6L diesel (TDCi).

With my second instructor I had this:

A VW Golf 1.6 diesel (TDi)
    The Golf was alot nicer to drive I take it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    The Golf was alot nicer to drive I take it?
    The steering on the Fiesta was a lot sharper and responsive (Fords these days are praised for their great handling), but even though the steering on the Golf was more vague it trumped the fiesta in every other department. Like how:

• it was more forgiving on the clutch (harder to stall)
    • it had a slicker gearbox
    • it was more powerful than the Fiesta
    • it was a smoother ride

and the list goes on. The only other thing I could think of was that the Fiesta was a lot easier to sit comfortably in because of its wider range of seating positions, although the Fiesta was 5 years newer (2005-2006 Golf compared to a 2010-2011 Fiesta).

ReputationRep:
    At first it was a 1.0 Nissan Micra and then that stopped working so then it was a 1.2 Nissan Micra. Both were about ten years old.

I did not particularly enjoy joining dual carriageways or national speed limit roads in the first Micra!

ReputationRep:
    fiat grande punto 2006.

A Vauxhall Astra SXI sporty? really?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BritBoyWonder)
    Lessons were done in an 07 plate Ford Fiesta diesel.

However I spent far more time driving in my own 57 plate Mazda 2 petrol than I did in lessons, and did my test in my own car.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.