The Student Room Group

What vehicle was you taking your driving lessons in

Scroll to see replies

Started in a Mazda 2. (09 plate)

Then went onto a Ford Focus (same instructor) (12 plate)

No idea about engine and if they were diesel or petrol, but apparently the Mazda was diesel .... I didn't really pay much attention I just wanted to know how to drive :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by deedee123
fiat grande punto 2006.

A Vauxhall Astra SXI sporty? really?

Yeah, I'd understand if it was an Astra VXR, but an SXI??

Only dumb boy racers think that's a fast car. :rofl:
I also don't know what the OP's friends are on about, I've seen plenty of people taking lessons in Corsa VXR's and Golf GTi's.
Original post by Ice Constricter
I also don't know what the OP's friends are on about, I've seen plenty of people taking lessons in Corsa VXR's and Golf GTi's.

LOL my mates are the type of guys that think ford fiesta are sporty so i didn't really take them seriously
Original post by James A
Citroen DS3.

They only are available in 1.6 models.

It's a diesel.

Those are nice,i was hoping to learn in one of them but there wasn't any private instructors in my area who had one.
Original post by BritBoyWonder
LOL my mates are the type of guys that think ford fiesta are sporty so i didn't really take them seriously

If it was an ST or RS I'd understand, but a standard Fiesta? I mean really?
Those are nice,i was hoping to learn in one of them but there wasn't any private instructors in my area who had one.

It's a nice car, it's slowly becoming popular amongst private driving schools according to my instructor :lol:

I would love a DS3 for when I pass, but sadly they cost 8k used and the insurance is hefty!

I will get one though in the future when I build my NCB and have enough money :tongue: , might take it on Finance.
Mine was an Audi A3 Diesel. Haven't had any lessons in months now though.
Original post by James A
It's a nice car, it's slowly becoming popular amongst private driving schools according to my instructor :lol:

I would love a DS3 for when I pass, but sadly they cost 8k used and the insurance is hefty!

I will get one though in the future when I build my NCB and have enough money :tongue: , might take it on Finance.

Same with me,DS3 are beauties but there are alot of good cars out that underrated companies are making now..what car would you like to have once you pass mate?
I forget the exact model, but it was a VW Golf 6 gear :P
Same with me,DS3 are beauties but there are alot of good cars out that underrated companies are making now..what car would you like to have once you pass mate?

It doesn't just look good on the outside, on the inside, it's very sleek. All DS3's come with a small computer as standard, tells you stuff like when to shift gears, how many miles to go with the fuel, your mpg etc The car handles very well, it's responsive and it's literally glued to the road. But it's the only car I've ever driven... so maybe I'm a little biased :tongue:

Still, you can give the DS3 a test drive at the dealers, see if you like it.

When I pass, I'll be looking at a VW Polo, one of the 2007 reg's. Sturdy and reliable :yep:

you?
Ford Focus 1.6L i think? Diesel for sure.
Reply 32
Corsa :smile:

Good car to learn on.
Citroen C4
Original post by James A
It doesn't just look good on the outside, on the inside, it's very sleek. All DS3's come with a small computer as standard, tells you stuff like when to shift gears, how many miles to go with the fuel, your mpg etc The car handles very well, it's responsive and it's literally glued to the road. But it's the only car I've ever driven... so maybe I'm a little biased :tongue:

Still, you can give the DS3 a test drive at the dealers, see if you like it.

When I pass, I'll be looking at a VW Polo, one of the 2007 reg's. Sturdy and reliable :yep:

you?

No way that's exactly the same car im hoping for :biggrin:,you my friend have great taste :cool:
Reply 35
A Corsa! I think it was deisel.

OP, you think your learner car is sporty, I honestly saw an Audi the other day with driving school logos and L plates the other day, either that instructor is very brave, confident in their teaching ability or just plain stupid :P
Original post by nadiah
A Corsa! I think it was deisel.

OP, you think your learner car is sporty, I honestly saw an Audi the other day with driving school logos and L plates the other day, either that instructor is very brave, confident in their teaching ability or just plain stupid :P

I dont think its sporty thats my mates lol,yeah that audi you saw was from driving school Bill Plant they even teach people in Audi Q3 ...

q3replacement.png
(edited 10 years ago)
I have two instructors :wink:

I learn in this (but the silver version)

and this

Also had the misfortune of once having a lesson in this (dropped this instructor straight after lol)

The Fiesta is amazing for handling. I am most used to it, as I have been learning in it for longer. It's very responsive to steering and the brakes are sensitive. It's what I am taking my test in.

The A3 is very fun and sexy. I really enjoy driving it, but don't feel like I have as much control. It's quite wide and long, especially compared to the Fiesta. First time I drove it, I turned and hit a curb in the middle island :/ I do love it, though, especially for NSL driving. It makes me excited lol, and I love the interior.

The Nissan was awful. Brakes were really unresponsive, not sure if it had power steering and it was dirty and old inside. I hated driving it.

Edit: All automatics, by the way.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 38
60 plate 1.6 corsa

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HopefulMidwife
I have two instructors :wink:

I learn in this

and this

Also had the misfortune of once having a lesson in this (dropped this instructor straight after lol)

The Focus is amazing for handling. I am most used to it, as I have been learning in it for longer. It's very responsive to steering and the brakes are sensitive. It's what I am taking my test in.

The Audi is very fun and sexy. I really enjoy driving it, but don't feel like I have as much control. It's quite wide and long, especially compared to the Focus. First time I drove it, I turned and hit a curb in the middle island :/ I do love it, though, especially for NSL driving. It makes me excited lol, and I love the interior.

The Nissan was awful. Brakes were really unresponsive, not sure if it had power steering and it was dirty and old inside. I hated driving it.

Oh wow your with Bill plant ive heard alot of bad things about them but then again i cant really base what ive heard on the whole school.i take it you have a good instructor also how do you manage to juggle two instructors lol are they aware that when your not with one your with the other?

Quick Reply

Latest