Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Help.. i am due to graduate this year but i have just noticed i have a big problem. i am studying journalism at UEL and i'm in my final year. in my first year, i was withdrawn for attendance in one of my modules, it wasnt a core module and i was told year 1 didnt count so i didn't bother retaking it. i have now completed all 6 year 2 modules and 6 year 3 modules which tallies to 340 UEL credits (including the 5 modules completed in year 1), but it says to qualify for an honours degree you need 360. what does this mean? will i not graduate? the uni has been pretty useless in trying to answer this for me so this is my last resort.
    i thought year 1 didnt count for anything especially if you pass your core modules.

i hope someone can help.

Thanks
    Boni

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

First thing you should do is go to your dean of your school/department and speak to them directly.

Secondly your first year results do count, however it's only your second and third year results that create and add up your final grade.

Alternatively, you can apply to do extra modules but you will probably have to pay for this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.